16.0.5 Balance Update - December 19

UPDATE (10 a.m. PT, December 19): This patch is now live for desktop and mobile.

Hey everyone!

The 16.0.5 balance update for Hearthstone will be going live tomorrow. Below are the included changes, and as always, we’ll be evaluating the results of these changes over the coming weeks and look forward to your feedback!

Corrupt Elementalist

• Now costs 6 Mana (up from 5).

Sludge Slurper

• Now has 1 Attack (down from 2).

Faceless Corruptor

• Now has 4 Attack (down from 5).

Mogu Fleshshaper

• Now costs 9 Mana (up from 7).

*Once these changes are live, players will be able to disenchant the adjusted cards for their full Arcane Dust value for two weeks.

Battlegrounds:

• The Boogeymonster
    • Moved from Tavern Tier 5 to Tavern Tier 4 .
  • Mechano-egg
    • Moved from Tavern Tier 5 to Tavern Tier 4.
  • The Beast
    • Moved from Tavern Tier 4 to Tavern Tier 3 .
  • Coldlight Seer
    • Moved from Tavern Tier 2 to Tavern Tier 3 .
  • Primalfin Lookout (changed last week)
    • Moved from Tavern Tier 4 to Tavern Tier 5 .
  • Nightmare Amalgam
    • Has been removed from the pool of available minions.
  • Brann Bronzebeard
    • Has been removed from the pool of available heroes.
  • Bartendotron
    • Has been added to the pool of available heroes.
15 Likes

Sounds Great! Thanks Blizz!!

16 Likes

Didn’t even touch rogue? Welcome to the new meta everyone!

38 Likes

No changes to rogue (Faceless Corruptor change hurts them the least because they can buff him up).
No changes to the wolves?
That’s just poor.

30 Likes

Just play face hunter currently rank 3 with it and it does wonders against shaman and rogue!

4 Likes

One overbearing deck leaves, another comes in.

Life has many doors, Ed boy.

I guess their argument is that silence effects can counter Apothecary. Which…fair enough, but everyone slapping Spellbreaker into their deck isn’t exactly my idea of a good metagame.

At least these are a good start.

1 Like

Dragons Pack

Should have been down to 4/5 or 5/5
Mogu Fleshshaper

Should have been only for friendly minions.

18 Likes

Prepare for Roguestone everyone.

2 Likes

They should change 20 cards, not 4 ;v

18 Likes

Put silence in your deck, kills alot of tempo

1 Like

Terrible, this extremely soft nerfs don’t will change nothing.

20 Likes

Disappointed in you again blizzard. Prob the last pre order for me.

23 Likes

Who gave u a job?The worst nerfs ever…

29 Likes

Wow i was impressed at the speed of this nerf, if not a little worried that we haven’t had enough time to feel out the meta, but i got to say wow they missed the mark on this one. I’m calling it right now they are going to have to nerf shaman again, and hopefully they will nerf Rogue too (though it might be early to say on that one)

12 Likes

why no one talks about the poison animation lol

27 Likes

I think it’s time to Hall of Fame Boar and Deckhand. Cheap neutral Charge minions keep continually causing issues with Rogue (how many times did we have to nerf the Quest again?). Just move the old boys out to pasture in Wild so that design space is opened up for giving Rogues cool new value cards and end the oppression of 20+ damage from hand on turn 6.

13 Likes

Thx for nerf secret mages in wild .

8 Likes

Amalgam being gone is a HUGE change. This should make juggler more interesting because right now he’s just a cleave and is better as two instead of one. I’m a little worried that cobalt is going to be too powerful but we’ll see. I’m happy with anything that moves us away from murloc.

2 Likes

dragons pack? how can that thing exist? twin emperor is rolling in his grave. but its all good I guess sludge slurper is now a 1/1. WOW. are team 5 actually playing what they are putting out? poor effort…

23 Likes

Interesting to see blizzard tries to soft tune the meta, instead of nerf hammering something into oblivion.
But I am afraid this will not be enough.
But we will see. If blizzard fine tunes it every week, this can become interesting.

6 Likes