16.0.5 Balance Patch Notes

I like the Faceless Nerf. Not sure on watching Mogu now become a 10-drop, but whatevs. Expected Dragon’s Pack to get tapped along with Elementalist but if they had to pick one I’m glad she was it. Sludge Slurper nerf seems really unnecessary to me.

14 Likes

My hero

2 Likes

Now with actual notes instead of a link!

3 Likes

Agree with everything. Good job balancing team.

I like the hearthstone changes.

But why remove Nightmare Amalgam from BG and with it the only chance to get a poisen unit if you play something else than murloc? :roll_eyes:

Agree, but not even remotely enough.

2 Likes

Yeah they need to remove toxifin and megasaur if they take away amalgam.

2 Likes

Overall pretty light but possibly just enough. Elementalist still comes before Galakrond, slurper seems odd, but whatever. Faceless still can potentially leave behind a body being 4 health. Mogu is the most interesting, as stated, now it can mutate into a 10 drop

2 Likes

Agree with nothing.

My preference:
Corrupt Elementalist: 7 mana
Sludge Slurper: no change
Faceless Corruptor: 7 mana
Mogu Fleshshaper: no change, but I can agree with this change the most
Dragon’s Pack: 6 Mana +2/+2 instead of +3/+3
Galakrond Hero Power: 1/1 rush!!!

5 Likes

Blizzard used Nerf. It was not very effective!!!
very bad job by team 5 other than Mogu Fleshaper (which is still able to get summoned by turn 3-4 instead of turn 1-2).

Dragon’s Pack is left untouched? this card is Absurd.
Faceless Curroptor only reduced by 1 attack? 5 mana 8/8 with rush is still too strong. you can compare it with Oasis Surger who needs the quest to get completed for that.

Sludge Slurper was never the issue, the issue was how easy it is for Shaman to invoke and how OP Dragon’s Pack and Mogu Fleshaper with Mutate are.

Shaman is still gonna control the meta, and until this issue is really balanced - Smorc meta will be the only option to counter it.
And I hoped I can finally play normal Hearthstone with control decks :confused:

My Idea of Normal Nerfs:
Mogu Fleshaper into 10 mana (cannot get evolved)
Dragon’s Pack change in 4/5 instead of 5/6.
Faceless Corruptor changed to a 7 mana cost or reduced into a 3/3 for 5 mana.
Divine Spirit is getting HOF.
The new Rogue Apothecary is changed into 5 mana.
The new sidequest of hunter with Leper Gnomes changed to 2 mana.

If you really want to Balance standard please do it right!
Plus, if you want to Balance Wild mode - fix the synergy you gave to Secret Mage and Pirate Warrior which ruin all the Wild Meta.

6 Likes

These chances are not what I was hoping for.
I think the chances wont have much effect,nor for constructed nor for BG.

Megasaur still in,they nerf everything just to keep in the megasaur while every single player wants it gone. Makes no sense to me,call it stuborn.
They must be in love with this card.

O well,murlocs are go.

2 Likes

Dragon’s Pack does what it’s supposed to do in decks that aren’t mongo. If anything the stats need to be put into the health from attack to +1/+5 instead or something.

Faceless needed the Chain Gang treatment so it doesn’t make a Shudderwock.

Mogu itself shouldn’t have been changed, but rather change the mechanic like I’ve been saying so that if you mutate it, it becomes 1 more than what you played it for and apply the same to any card you reduced the cost to retain that cost on the board since mage can still CC a card that cost them 1 or 0 for the original cost of the card.
If you’re flooding the board against shaman, you deserve to have a 3/4 rush hitting your minions for free, but they don’t deserve to follow up with an 8 drop.

If you’re talking other class nerfs, that doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface:
Rogue/Druid/Shaman quest requirements all upped by 2-4
Toggwaggle’s Scheme given a cap
Dire Frenzy not recast ever by Zuljin
Kobold Lackey, Lifedrinker, Cloud Prince, and several others only able to hit minions
Highlander cards turned into a start of game gain this battlecry so you can’t just draw your dups.

And many more.

2 Likes

Could murlocs be even more op now? There is no more amalgum to get poison on opposing teams

Dragons pack was the card that needed a nerf along with the double invoke. This won’t slow them down much, they can just invoke twice using other cards then dragons pack on 5 into double invoke on 6 into galakrond on 7. Nothing changes.

9 Likes

Slows the deck down making it more vulnerable to aggro (theme)

Well… that is now worthless in Murloc Shaman o.O
Really, really disagree with this nerf as Slurper never felt unfair to me

Weakens it in the later game but makes little difference in the midgame in many scenarios. I don’t this nerf is enough to change it’s overall use

Would prefer this change to the overall mechanic:

Shaman won’t Control the meta but it’ll now wedge it, I think, instead of being such a force. You’ll have a four deck system: Shaman, Hyper Aggro, DR Rogue, Control deck (TBD). What they did was make Shaman more vulnerable to aggro, I think, but didn’t harm other matchups that much. Mogu + Corrupted Elemntalist delays will hurt them against aggression but I think it might act like a slightly less polarized Quest Rogue now. We’ll see though

Overall the nerfs were so-so I think is my take away.

Against Aggro it changes a lot as it becomes wolf or bust I think against Pirate, Zoo, and Face Hunter.

1 Like

Even though Shaman was hit by four different nerfs, I don’t see them having any more of an impact on Shaman’s viability than the Rogue/Aggro decks that have been rising up to counter the class (the latter might actually have more of an impact).

Maybe that was the intent, to slightly nudge Shaman now to allow for some diversity, then follow up with a more serious and varied array of nerfs when the meta develops more?

2 Likes

…no one else thinks the mogu change is actually a buff?

It’s going to summon 10 cost minions now on evolution.

It’s still going to be summoned for a really low cost. Where they might have played him for 0 mana they will now play him for 2 mana and get a 10 cost minion.

6 Likes

For all we know the cost change could be coming eventually, but I think it would take a lot more coding time to implement as it would be a sweeping change similar to when they changed how spell order worked with minions on board like with Pyro and Flamewalker. They were working on that one for a long time.

Is that it?

6 Likes

So, whine whine whine, whine whine whine whine. Should be getting some cheese from all the whine being produced.

You’re underestimating how heavily minion reliant Shaman is, to think these changes don’t hurt them in the slightest. Sludge Slurper is part of the problem, because the Lackeys can change the outcome of the game so much. Corrupt Elementalist slows the game to a crawl and forces you to play a 3/3 on turn six that summons 2 2/1 rushers.

Also, demanding that Divine Spirit getting Hall of Famed because you are too incapable of countering a Divine Spirit/Inner Fire combo is laughable. Not to mention it is one of the EASIEST combos to counter - even a rank 51 player would know how to counter it.