Teleport Skill on Controller is extremely inferior compared to Keyboard and Mouse

Please allow adjusting the distance of “aim” skills with the (right) stick. Make the distance and direction depended on the tilt of the stick. This would allow for instantaneous coverage of all ranges with the (right) stick. Also an (optional) onscreen indicator where the stick currently is tilted might help for visual assistance.

Essentially:
Allow aiming with a “mouse function” for the right stick that only points to the direction the stick is tilted to from the center of the player and returns to the point of origin once the stick is put back to neutral.

Otherwise this is literally a game breaking disadvantage for controller players, as ill show here:

Edit:
I made a short video to explain and visually show exactly what I mean with my solution:

Edit2:
As of now after testing this again during the “Server Slam”, this issue has not been resolved.

Therefore I decided to step back from this game as I lost interest in it.
Nonetheless thanks everyone for the support on this!
Maybe next game this may get resolved :slight_smile:

147 Likes

THIS is how you beta test. Now to see if blizz does anything about it for launch. I bet you can guess what I think.

33 Likes

Wow this is significant… No wonder I felt the teleport sucks on ps5…

26 Likes

How about this: press the button to teleport instantly, press and hold the button, to bring up a target controlled by the left thumb stick. Simple and straightforward; you could use it for all ranged skills.

24 Likes

Waaaaat gonna try it later

1 Like

Would still be way inferior to the PC version of the same skill this way (as it would take much longer to cast). Skills like teleport is sort of hard to balance between between mouse+keyboard and a controller. Whatever they do it will still be way better with a mouse. However they should be able to do something about the second example though where he’s trying to use it long range to get down the cliff. Simply make the teleport skill automatically try a longer than the default range in case it’s blocked like it is there. There is no reason that shouldn’t work on console so hopefully they’ll look into it.

5 Likes

Good point, however the same issue exists in D2R and in D3 so I’m not sure if they can fix it.

1 Like

I agree with this. I think there should be a mode alternative to the “Target Lock-on” mode that we currently have. Players can tap or hold a button (R3 or L2/LT) to toggle/turn on a cursor controlled by the Right stick to target spell.

Not only Teleport, this applies to Hydra, Meteor, Leap. If Necro still have corpse explosion this would be pretty handy as well.

8 Likes

Ya thats a really significant decrease in function on console. Using the other joystick would be an interesting solution.

3 Likes

I think my solution would cover everything, as it would allow to point approximately to every possible direction and distance. It would cover a radius around the character to the maximum distance that also a mouse can. Sensitivity and an optional indicator or even an optional actual cursor could also be added for those that prefer it.

Of course it wouldn’t be as “pixel perfect” as a mouse, but I don’t think it there’s a solution that provides the same speed as the one I suggested. As it would only require to hold the stick in a chosen direction, while tilting it the desired degree for the distance and pressing the skill button at the same time.

3 Likes

Solution? Give console a double teleport charge, like other skills can have. Then with the Enhancement of replacing your movement skill with another teleport, we get three within a 10 second cooldown! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

This is a problem with the leap skill on barbarian as well. Also if people are using a ultra wide monitor they can go even further with their teleport/leap with mouse and keyboard.

6 Likes

This is something they should limit really imo. It will give ultra-wide monitor users a very unfair advantage in both clearing content and pvp (while also obviously already being able to see things that are off-screen for everyone else). Limit the range of these skills to be within 16:9.

1 Like

deleted: post got doubled for some reason.

Same with putting down traps as a rogue. It leaps back but I actually have to face the enemy first if I want to use it or I throw myself directly at the mobs.

It’s weird that when I’m running away I have to face back first before laying down a trap.

All in for more control regarding this subject!

3 Likes

I agree. The fact you have to assign an ultamate skill to one button could be re-done. D3 for consoles had the left and right joystick buttons pressed at the same time. They could also make it so you can asight skills to them. Having 2 more options in a fight would help.

2 Likes

I wonder if they can add a hold button to increase distance. You tap you get that short distance in the video, you hold you go to the farther distance. Something like that… Could be fun.

Highlights difference in the old tired convo on why we dont have PVP games with console and pc players. Fundamentally two different type of gaming biomes. At least Diablo is PVE with some volunteered PVP parts. Just dont play PVP with crossplay on against a mage you’ll be very much disadvantaged.

8 Likes

The right analog stick is a good idea. Each class is limited with these certain “teleport” abilities on controller. A direction and distance would be a good solution and one I’m sure they could implement if they had the time. It wouldn’t be perfect but it would be a huge improvement. The rogues teleport ability (shadow dance or something I forget, the teleport backstab ability) is basically useless on controller because you can’t teleport to where you’d like with a huge mob. Fighting on one side and then teleporting to the other side of the mob group is impossible on controller. You end up teleporting inside the mob group.

2 Likes

hmm yeah that sucks but personally i didnt get the skill for faster traversal.

1 Like

This is actually a good request. If you they could add a cursor with the right analog to use as needed, would be a huge positive game changer.