Targeted Movement Skills Issue

I’d like to first say the console version of the game feels great. Having played D3 on PC and on Switch, I really enjoy the feel of a controller for arpgs.

Having said that, the one issue I’m finding is the targeted movement abilities. Things like leap slam and shadow step are giving me some issues. As an example, during the Vhenard fight, my shadow step was constantly porting me to Vhenard who’s immune while I have 4 other targets nearby and along the same line of attack. How is the target and distance determined when using these abilities? Is there some way to utilize the right joystick to determine distance of travel with these abilities?

This small issue is the one thing that might cause me to go to PC instead of PS5 for the game, which is a shame because I really enjoy how beautiful the game looks on a 77" OLED.

3 Likes

Although somewhat clunky, there is a lock on target feature for controller. I believe the default ‘button’ for it was left stick click. Then with the right stick you can change locked targets.

As far as distance, review the massive Teleport on console sucks post.

1 Like

it is right stick click default. moving the stick cycles targets. Its a little clunky to try and do, for me at least, but it does work. As for distances… yeah mouse is far superior for targeting a spot and distance.

Yea, right stick. Thanks for clarifying. I remapped everything cause i wanted the extra button you get by unlinking the interact button.

Appreciate the responses everybody!

1 Like

We need to be loud about this. Most of the community plays on pc, if we do not talk about this, blizz Will never do something about it.

The best example of this problem is the Skill teleport, in consoles, it has almost the same range as a dodge man, its ridiculous. Imagine going against pc players in pvp zone. Its not fair and not fun!

2 Likes

Funny thing about this issue is that D2R gets Teleport right on console. It goes to the edge of the screen, all depending on your resolution and the safe screen border settings.

Talk to each other Blizzard devs, talk to each other.

2 Likes

Wow that range is abysmal. Absolutely agree something should be done about that.

2 Likes

Older topic, but this is going to cause HUGE problemd for PVP. I am already dropping firewalls on barrels across the room instead of the group directly in front of me, because the mobs moved during combat. I can only imagine how bad this will be during pvp when using a controller against a player with a direct hover target mouse, and the opponent with the mouse is moving amoung mobs.