Scosglen all drop item side quests

After my previous thread on dry steppes, here: All Dry Steppes drop side quests - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)
Khejistan: All Khejistan hidden side quests - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)
Hawezar: All Hawezar hidden side quests - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)
Fractured Peaks: All Fractured Peaks Hidden Side Quests - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

Here is scosglen!

Braegas Chronicles - dropped from Khazra enemies in the downs.

Warded Sailors Vessel - dropped from the drowned in the abandoned coast portion of North Shore (west side of north shore). Other reports have found it on a corpse in Forthratch Castle, slightly north of the Cellar “Water Sinkhole” as well as a in a corpse on the Abandoned coast.

Ravenous Predator’s offering - This is a seemingly rare drop off of corpses in the Wailing Hills. it took me forever to get this to drop off a body.

Message in a bottle - this item is difficult to see, but its just sitting in the world as an interactable object. The location is in the strand. Southwest of the Mariner’s Refuge Dungeon, sitting on the water.

Altair’s Series: There are 3 drop quests related to altair, you must find them in a specific order.

#1 - The Wrong Hands - This is found in the shrouded moors. West of the Tirmair waypoint. You will find it in a chest. My chest has a bandit doing something to the chest. not sure if relevent.

#2 - A different Beast - this is a random drop -seemingly- anywhere in scosglen? I found it off of a druid corpse in the downs. I have seen others get it in the Shrouded Moors North east section off of a non-druid corpse. Loot those corpses!

#3- A broken bear - this is a random drop off of bear mobs. You can easily find them in the highland wilds north west of the Hive dungeon.

Cheers

30 Likes

Nice of you to post these. I never pay any attention to what drops these kinds of quests. :joy:

4 Likes

Getting these drops has been a very painful experience for me so I just hope I can help someone else lol

5 Likes

I haven’t tried to do all the side quests yet. I wanted to leave some stuff for after the campaign was done so I’m not sure how many of the drop quests I’ve done or am still missing. I may be back to your threads later lol

1 Like

My advice is keep track of which drops you do get so you don’t have to struggle to remember later. There aren’t many drop quests so its not too bad to keep a list, but they also seem to be hit or miss when it comes to having pre-requisites so I’d save them for last if you can.

2 Likes

This is really helpful, thank you! Are you doing all other regions as well? I’d be really interested if you are

2 Likes

I am working on finishing up Hawezar right now but I have Khejistan and dry steppes done already! All links are in this Khejistan thread

All Khejistan hidden side quests - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

I just added this link to the top of this post as well for anyone else looking at scosglen

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks so much for doing these :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Happy to help! Just posted Hawezar:
All Hawezar hidden side quests - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

1 Like

Thank you very much. I want to confirm that this takes some time as well. I ran through the area “The Cursed Scarps”. No drop. Today I found it in ANOTHER area - different from the one of other guides. It was on a corpse in Forthratch Castle - slightly north of the cellar “Watery Sinkhole”. Please Update if you like.

I spent so much time yesterday, because I was searching in The Cursed Scarps… :confused: due to another online guide.

Thank you very much. Now I have one quest left - I am sure it’s Ravenous Predator’s offering as you stated it’s rare.

4 Likes

Absolutely, I’ve added your find!

It took me over 40 corpses to find this. I was convinced there was a bug with a side quest not counting until I finally found it! Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you. I have found it (Ravenous Predator’s Offering) - it took a while. I have spotted some prominent locations with corpses:

• At the very North-West of Wailing Hills there are Cliffs on the map - North of There there are 5 Corpses!
  • If you go south east from there - there is a lengthy (top to bottom) brown spot on the map - when you circle around it there are also many corpses.

I have also noticed that the corpses states takes awhile until they are reset - even if you log out and quit the BNet agent. I went to another region - still corpses opened. I think a reset is done when you change your IP only - so you get assigned to another server.

In the one has to clear all the area I think - but the locations mentioned above should help…

I somehow cannot add a Link to a Screenshot - not allowed.

2 Likes

Hey Zolmation,

Just wanted to say that I found the “Warded Sailors Vessel” in a corpse on the Abandoned coast.

Several guides mentioned it being from corpses on the floor rather than a mob drop and I got the quest on 6th corpse I looted.

4 Likes

I’ve added your find as well!

Do you remember Braegas Chronicles being a rare drop? I’m 46/47 in Scolsgen and I’m pretty certain this is the one I’m missing, but I’ve farmed Goatmen for hours with no quest drop. This is the one thing keeping me from 100% in Scosglen so it’s driving me crazy

1 Like

It something I had picked up during my initial playthrough of act II so I didn’t have to farm for it

Welp it ended up being the Warded Sailor’s Vessel. The comments about checking corpses helped me find it. Thank you for all your area guides, I really appreciate them!

3 Likes

cheers mate, Ravenous Predator’s offering was the one I was missing, after reading it took you forever, I decided to try more than 5-6 corpses and after checking ~20 of them it finally dropped, Blizz really needs to expand the journal with a tab that shows completed quests, damn.

3 Likes

I am at 45/47 currently, I know I am missing one of the dropped quests Ravenous Predator’s but I have found all of the other dropped quest items in the zone. So I’m trying to figure out where the 47th one I am missing, some out of place ! marker that I am not seeing. Any help?

1 Like

Have you cleared all the strongholds? I’m guessing yes, but that’s the one thing that came to mind.