All Dry Steppes drop side quests

Hawezar: All Hawezar hidden side quests - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)
Khejistan: All Khejistan hidden side quests - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)
Scosglen: Scosglen all drop item side quests - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)
Fractured Peaks: All Fractured Peaks Hidden Side Quests - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

Dust Daisy - found from herbs in the Kotama Grasslands. I found it in the Arid Heartland area.

Bag of Old Coins - Dropped from a body in Desolation’s reach (within the untamed scarps). Starts currencies from afar.

Strange Ore Sample - Found in Tusmaa Rift. This dropped during a hectic elite pack but I believe it came from an ore deposit that was under the elite. Found just before the altar of lillith thats near the Dark Ravine dungeon.

Tarnished Amulet - drops from cannibal mobs in the untamed scarps.

Sealed Oxen Tribe Cache - dropped in khargai crags from vilekin /fallen

There is one side quest drop that does not count towards the side quest total as there is 39 side quests, but you must complete a specific 38 of them. That quest is the Sealed Penitent’s cache found in the west.

All in all this is the very first zone I’ve been able to complete every side quest for the renown completion. so yay.

edit: I was tired and posted 2 kehjistand quests and left out one of the dry steppes quest. but we’re good now.

22 Likes

Dropped in the same location for me - thank you. Just north of the statue of lilith.

4 Likes

Thank you for confirming my crazy! haha

1 Like

Hey, uh… I’m over here spending 20m trying to figure out where on earth “desolation’s reach” is located. I’m not seeing it on any of the zones in Dry Steppes, it must be a mini location inside one of the zones. Can you please put WHICH zone each of these specific locations are in? This game has 0 search functions, it’s horrible.

I also can’t tell which 35/38 quests I’ve done because we don’t have access to an incomplete/complete quest list… just a number. A little more detailed with the locations would be wonderful. Thank you for this list though!

4 Likes

Its in the untamed scarps area. I’ve edited the post to be a little more clear. Lmk if you need anything else

2 Likes

man this is absolutely killing me been farming these same quests over and over again for 5days straight and no luck, thanks alot blizzard for not even adding a freaking completed quests log.
Stuck on 37/38 with no indication which quest is the hardest drop rate.

Diablo 4 gone gold, ICANT.

3 Likes

Yeah its definitely rough :frowning:

1 Like

The good news is, there’s only one quest which is worth doing, as you get an elixir recipe. So, once you finally get these quests complete with the first character, and get your renown completed, there’s never a reason to have to ever run these quests again.

2 Likes

I was in a similar situation with 37/38. Turns out the one I was missing was “No Deed Unpunished”, which may not be “hidden” but is located in a remote area and only showed in my map when I got very close to the location.

If you’ve done enough farming to eliminate the drop quests (to a high degree of probability), then I suggest you go over all the quests and see if there is a “regular” one you might have missed (it might even also be “No Deed Unpunished”).

4 Likes

Something I wish was that side quests turned up on the map even when you’re not close to them, since you can filter them out on the map anyways. My process for quest completion was do every quest I could find, and after I had no quests left I would visit every area of the zone to look for more. It was pretty tedious

1 Like

I lucked out on this one - Dust Daisy and Bag of Old Coins (first 2 on the list) were my last 2 for this area, done and done :smiley:

2 Likes

life saver this was it!

1 Like

Update for anyone going around looting only bodies, just found Bag of Coins in a chest! https://imgur.com/a/4a0Ty1O

1 Like

I don’t usually chime in on forum posts, but I just had to here. I was at 37/38 for a solid 3 days of just looking for what I was missing. For me, it turned out to be Firsthand Knowledge, which is only on the map when you are close enough in an area I see no need to frequent: Dindai Flats, at the south-western part near a cellar. I hope this helped at least one other person! <3

6 Likes

This was the one I was missing. Bless!

1 Like

I’ve given up at 37/38. I have no clue which one I’m missing. Does anybody have any thoughts on the drop rate for either the Bag of Old Coins or the sealed oxen Tribe Cache? Or reports of where in the relevant zone you got them? After spending hours going through every known quest location three times and farming for three days I’ve narrowed it to being one of those two but have no idea of I’m just not getting the drop, I’m looking in the wrong sub-zone or I’ve actually already completed it.

Blizzard - not providing some sort of tracker is such a quality of life fail it is now ruining my game experience.

1 Like

Well, that leaves me with the final side quest.
I’ve already spent 3 hours - no results yet, and I have no idea what exactly I should be looking for, since I completed some of the quests a month or even two ago.
I found almost everything on my own - at the time I started looking for information, there were only 5 side quests left.
It’s a shame that Blizzard continues to ignore requests for a simple option that could make players’ lives so much easier.
Thank you so much for these clues - I figured out 2 of the 5 remaining ones thanks to them. I found another one, partly thanks to your descriptions - I was looking for one quest, but it turned out that I completed it. Fortunately, in the same location there was another quest with the drop of the desired item.
Good luck, buddy.

Thanks for this guide. My last quest was the Strange Ore Sample and it was found on a corpse in Tusmaa Rift.

1 Like

I was 38/39 in the area so I aimed to complete the “Strange Ore Sample” quest and found it.
The problem is: I’m still 38/39. It doesn’t counted towards the side quest completion. WTF?!

Thanks for bumping this.
Forgot to bookmark it.

FORUM MODS - Please do not Lock or Delete this valuable resource the OP put time and effort into compiling like one of their other sister threads was :lock:

2 Likes