All Hawezar hidden side quests

Part IV is here yay.
Khejistan: All Khejistan hidden side quests - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)
Scosglen: Scosglen all drop item side quests - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)
Dry Stepps: All Dry Steppes drop side quests - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)
Fractured Peaks: All Fractured Peaks Hidden Side Quests - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

Gem-Laden Geode : Found in Hewezar from ore deposits.Should be any ore deposits in the entire zone, but I found mine in Umir Plateau.

Budding Crimson Thorn: I found this from Angel Breath in the Forsaken Coast. Likely to come from any herbs in the area though.

Timeworn Timue doll: Dropped loose stones in the south east coast of the Forsaken Coast.

Curious Venom: Dropped from snake enemies i nthe writhing mire.

Chained Zakarum Repository: Dropped from corpses in the dismal foothills.

Rusted Dagger: When leaving the tree of whispers way point, head directly south and your character should voice line. Druids go “what?” A ghost child appears and points west. Going west just past the altar of Lillith and the ghost child will point south east. Head south east to find the child body and loot the dagger.

Hungering Necrolyte’s Cache: Found off of slain corpses in Toxic Fens. Mot corpses seem to be in the south east part of the area. This drop can take a while.

The next set of quests must be done in a certain order. Also spoilerino.

Lyndon, the rogue mercenary from diablo 3, has a questline here in Hewezar, in Backwater to be precise. You must complete his side quests in order to get the following drops.

1.) Kingsport Ale - This will be a random drop from treasure chests in Rotspill Delta. All known reports are from chests located near the Belfrey Zakara dungeon. This item can take a very long time to drop for some people, while others get it immediately on the first chest. It took me over 25 chests to drop. I found mine here:

2.) Forgotten Crossbow - After turning in the ale, return to Rotspill Delta and loot corpses anywhere in the zone until you get the drop. This is another painful search. Utilize the entire zone because corpse respawns are annoyingly slow and teleporting or changing world tiers did not help me. I found mine here:

3.) Thieves Guild Emblem : After turning in the forgotten crossbow you can purchase the Emblem from the Jewel Crafter in Zarbinzet. Turn this in to Lyndon to complete his story.

24 Likes

Awesome! Thanks again for sharing.

2 Likes

Farmed the Drowned for nearly 2 hours straight had no drop.
I checked several YT videos and they all got their drop from “Loose Stone”.
I got the timeworn doll on my 5th stone after less than 10 minutes looking for those in the surrounding area of Blackwater.
Maybe you clicked on a stone while fighting drowned?

1 Like

I also got my Timeworn Timue doll from a loose stone. I was grabbing them thank to your comment.

It entirely possible. I will add this to the post. Thank you both

2 Likes

OMFG thank you so much! Whoever designed the quests in this region can quit game development and jump off a bridge! Definition of tedium!

3 Likes

Thanks!
I’m now 100% on all zones and all thanks to your posts.
You did a saints job here.

2 Likes

Congrats! I’ve got one more zone of dungeons to do and it is such a slog haha!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your posts- just completed the last of all quests! :smiley:

Can confirm that this was also near the dungeon for me.

For me it was in the exact same location.

===

Most other drops I already had. The very last one was “Hungering Necrolyte’s Cache”. For me it dropped in the center south region. Good that you mentioned it takes a while - it was the last one for me. All the other drops were somewhat common (except the non-obvious quests etc.).

I always did it like this: when not sure which very last quest is missing: Simply checking the description for “rare” drops. Then get the mindset to clear the complete area systematically. This usually worked fine.

So happy the side quest part is finished - mostly enjoyable - finishing it was cumbersome - but otherwise - never again full completion :D.

3 Likes

I felt the same way. I must do this once and then never again!

1 Like

This is awesome! Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks for this, I only have 1 quest left to have all areas at 100% completion. Unfortunately I have no idea which one it is. Looking at this list I think I have all of them done.

Rusted dagger? Check
All of Lyndons chain? Check
Budding Crimson? Check
Timeworn Doll? Check
Etc Etc…

Guess I just spend a few hours on each, and see if I get one I missed.

/SMH

They need a completed quest tracker, or someone need to figure out how to find the data.

Update: Got it! “Hungering Necrolyte’s Cache” was the one.

Feels good to get done.

3 Likes

im in the same boat, all done but 1 hazewar side quest.

im mosty likely missing “Curious Venom” or “Hungering Necrolyte’s Cache”, but i the end it might be any quest -.-

E: it was the hungering necrolyte cache in the end, just found it.
Found a bug also, none of the quest mobs are inside the quest area lol, not a single Nangari mob inside the quest are is counting for the quest → https:// imgur . com/a/rgoeZSk

2 Likes

i got the timeworn timue doll from loose stones in dismal foothills. it is not restricted to forsaken coast

I don’t know if anyone mentioned it but i got the curious venom while doing the quest for hungering necrolythe’s cache south east part of toxic fens. ( again from the snake enemies)

I have no idea which quests I got left to do. Am I expected to run all of these for several hours, hoping I find the ones I’m missing? Why is an easy-to-implement and much-needed QoL improvement such as a quest tracker not in the game?

1 Like

Im 1 quest of completing this area now thanks to this post,problem is ive no idea what quest im missing. So stupid not to be able to see full list of quests you’ve completed.

2 Likes

Just as a data point, the crossbow dropped for me in the exact same spot as referenced by Zolmation.

2 Likes

Same here - though to add to this I didn’t find a single loose stone in the Forsaken Coast. So I searched on YT and found this video showing it drops in Toxic fens - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I3IGkoEhdE - I then went to the Toxic fens (Why it is fens instead of Fens when all other zones capitalize the first letter of each word?) and got it within turning over 3 loose stones.

The same reason its Ceder Wood Axe, but it’s Cedar Staff.