All Fractured Peaks Hidden Side Quests

To finish off my series of side quests threads we’re just going to go through Fractured Peaks real quick. 90% of the quests were known from beta and since we’ve discoved the final two.

Scosglen: Scosglen all drop item side quests - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)
Dry Steppes: All Dry Steppes drop side quests - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)
Khejistan: All Khejistan hidden side quests - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)
Hawezar: All Hawezar hidden side quests - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

Zalan Cost Quest Line: you must complete this quest line in a specific order.

Faded Old Painting: After completing the side quest Legacies of Light Watch
Legacies of Light’s Watch Side Quest Guide - Diablo 4 - Wowhead
you can find this item drop off of random corpses, chests or monsters in the Dobrev Taiga area.

Merchant’s Ledger: After turning in the Faded Old Painting you can find the Merchant’s ledger in the same manner, by killing monsters, pillaging chests and the like in the Dobrev Taiga area.

Forgotten Legacy: After turning in the Merchant’s ledger teleport over to Gale Valley’s Yelesna. You will be able to purchase the final item from the armor merchant Tsevemir. Turn it in and you’ll be done! He will have an exclamation above his head when ready.

Icebound Geode: While you’re in Yelesna, leave the town into Gale Valley and search iron deposits for the icebound Geode. its a rare drop from deposits in the valley. I found mine just north of town.

Frostbloom: This drops from any herb in the Pallid Glade.

Hungering Bone Cache: You can also find this in Pallid Glade off of corpses.

Bloodied Note: Enter the Kor Dragan dungeon and kil lthe elite Julek, Heral of Woe. He is difficult to miss. He will drop the item.

Sealed Exorcist’s Cache: This is a random drop from Ghosts and Skeletons in the Frigid Expanse. Its possible to find it on corpses as well, albeit rarely.

Warrior’s Chain: Drops from Khazra enemies in the Frigid Expanse. This item seems to have a lower drop rate. Reports show There’s a Khazra ambush on the path north out of Malnok. An elite pops out with the ambush.

44 Likes

Is there any way in the game to see what we are missing?

When I look at the map for act 1, it shows that I am missing 3 quests. I have been to every part of the map and can not find any [!].

When I look under achievements and side quests, and sort by each category, there are no clues as to what I am missing.

How can I find the missing side quests, or even identify what I am missing? There ore only a few quests that show as completed in my achievements list.

https://i.imgur.com/51To3l0.png

4 Likes

There is no way to check it. Its blizzard. Small indie dev selling games for 10 and not 70 bucks. Legacy feature i guess

9 Likes

same problem, I have one side quest left in fractured peaks and there isn’t a proper way to track my progress. blizzard please update.

6 Likes

Add me to the list of aggravated players. It’s not the end of the world, obviously, but people are putting a lot of effort into curating complete side quest lists for us, but there’s no way for us to cross reference what we’re missing unless we have photographic memories of every single side quest we’ve already done. Throw us bone, Blizzard.

5 Likes

Unfortunately the only way to know what you’re missing is start a new character and keep track of it yourself. Which is just the worst solution ever.

2 Likes

I got the same issue. I watched videos, checked 3rd party map and impossible to get the 2 missing quests.

I spent 3 hours doing this. It is a real pain, I finished every other activities in fractured peaks.

1 Like

More often than not the last missing quests for people are the Zalan Cost questline or the geode. Do you know if you fully completed those?

3 Likes

I just got lucky. Had 3 quests left when I started tonight. Got a drop off a mob, then went to Yelesna and saw the merchant with a quest, which left me with one. Came here and saw the Geode one and it didn’t sound familiar so went to find ore north of Yelesna as recommended - and got it from the first node I found. TYVM!

I am not looking forward to doing the other zones haha

4 Likes

Definitely saving this for Season 1, because I won’t bother with hunting what in the hells I’m missing without a quest log.

Thanks for the guides mate.

3 Likes

I hunted the last one for a long time. Unsure what it was I spent hours in Frigid Expanse, Gale Valley, and The Pallid Glade searching for the one missing drop I was not aware of.

Finally, the Warrior’s Chain dropped. I’m not totally sure, but the normal Khazras didn’t seem to drop it for me, as I farmed them for at least 60 minutes without luck. I got it off a rare Khazra in a small circular pocket directly south of Bear Tribe Refuge still in Frigid Expanse.

6 Likes

If I was a dev for a day I would shiftdel every blue quest

In other words, you’d make a terrible mistake.

The only thing wrong with the side quests are the unmarked, luck based ones. “Click corpses/rock formations/bushes maybe they drop a quest item” is a terrible design.

6 Likes

Hello all. Finally i managed to complete all quests :slight_smile:
Missing ones were Geode (nice tips thanks) and the last one was lycan animus collecting.

We really need a clear quest log with all entries. It would be a very cool QoL feature.

In details for those who also need quests completing :

18 – Icebound Geode
Pick up Icebound Geode, which can drop from Ore Veins in Gale Valley

24 – Hungering Bone Cache
Pick up Hungering Bone Cache that drops from searchable corpses in Frostbite Trails. Head to the marked area and kill werewolves to harvest death anima.

5 Likes

I just wanted to say THANK YOU. I’ve been grinding Gale Valley/Frigid Expanse for hours as I just needed 1 more quest and wasn’t sure which one it was. Checked location you mentioned and killed the elite mob and quest item finally dropped. So I think it definitely needs to be either a rare khazra or that specific rare khazra in that location.

4 Likes

I’ve added the elite khazra to the post. Thanks you two

2 Likes

i was at 33/35, these were two i was missing, ty

2 Likes

I am so annoyed by this questing system… I am at 33/35 and have spent the last couple hours farming for either Frostbloom and Hungering Bone Cache or Sealed Exorcist’s Cache and Warrior’s Chain…

I have no way to know which two I am missing. I already got the Geode and every other hidden side quests listed and I’ve checked all cities for any more obvious side quests so I can only figure these are what I’m missing.

But how would I know since I started A1 on release. It’s very possible some of these were completed or not.

So I might just be killing monsters in either area for literally no reason. How frustrating.

4 Likes

The struggle is real :frowning:

3 Likes

Finally found a frostbloom after another half hour of checking plants and corpses in Frostbite Trails. So far spent a total of 1.5 hours in this area checking plants and corpses.

Still not sure what my last missing quest is.

2 Likes