Bricking items needs to go

It’s been a pleasure discussing this with you.
How I view the ideal purpose of the Forums.

Would you mind if I quoted your ideas and alternatives(and your counter to my initial GA Temper Scaling) when I make my post later?

Yes they did move~shift some things to the Temper Recipes.
Though I find the stacking aspect to be intriguing.

Thank you very much! I woke up and it was on my mind. BEFORE I made :coffee: no less.
Just trying to find middle ground for Players and Devs alike.
It may be as simple as having a tangible, farmable, rare item to Reset
or
As Skagrim suggested: 4th Roll Select~3 Second Temper rolls or how they modified my idea: Just Add 2 “Free Rolls” per Tier of Greater Affix items.
They’d be listed and easily seen lower right:
7/7
9/9
11/11
13/13
I’ll compile, post and hope for …“discussion”.

re: Dropping # of options on recipes.
I’d add: Some Recipes. Since there’s variance recipe to recipe.
Also - We don’t know if there’s weighting to the Affixes on the recipes. I’d hope not considering it’s a limited use System.
Not to go off topic but… Some of the recipes for Druid and Druid in general are just underwhelming.
I went though the list and it seems Druids got the short end of the stick. Lots of mediocre options and nothing I wanted for my build.
Hopefully they’ll refine the entire thing as aside from the Reset debate, there’s plenty to be looked at - as you pointed out: bloat shifting.
We shall see.

1 Like

Not at all, please do. I want the game to be better. I found this discussion / brainstorming very pleasent aswell! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love it when Blizz employees make secret new accounts to come here and be mad and fight people who don’t stay locked in step.

You’re such an obedient consumer. Or an obedient employee.

They also added a disastrous real money auction house to Diablo 3. You really REALLY think they’re not above making more bad decisions with monetization?

You sir just made my day. Tinfoil alert. xD

The following is “in my opinion” and has zero to do with the “Development Team” proper - as financial decisions, business deals, marketing strategy, implementing RMT or not etc etc would be totally different dept’s anyway.

So as far as adding something blatant to the shop? My take is absolutely not.
This was already done with D3 AH - both the Gold and RM sides(charge 15% gold “tax” and recirculate it for IRLM in the RMAH, which they conveniently set the Dollar per X gold amount value…, on top of the RMAH sales cut they were taking) - it was all win win for them. For all we know they were printing money by throttling drop rates and randomly generating items into the AH’s to create shortages, supply, demand etc. Nobody will ever know the truth.
After that fiasco I highly doubt they’d self-destruct in that fashion with this game.

That title, crown and vile model is for D:I to exploit.
Regarding other means than the T-mog shop - I ask my self this: If RMT is such a cancer, why has nothing been done?
Duping, as far as we know is still not fixed.
Why are Legendary & Unique items are now tradeable AND there’s a whole new Boss Ladder with additional Summoning Materials added.
Why aren’t Summoning Mats boa as they should be considering the duping/rmt fiasco we’ve witnessed?
RMT shops are so, so very ready for S4.
So why? Knowing this will just feed the cancer and bolster 3rd party sales…why?
Think about it a minute. There might yet be lots of money being made …elsewhere, in other ways, by other means.
(yes - It’s tinfoil for sure but more: It’s their product and their right to do what they wish with it, how they please. Our “standards”, principles and opinions do not apply in this regard and mean absolutely nothing vs profit model$)

Here is my contribution to the debat to get a smoother tempering process without giving Reset :
1 - Having more than 5 attempts on items with Greater Affix
2 - Having new mats that allow you 1 more attempt
3 - Rolling only min roll once the 5 attempts are exhausted
Note : I don’t think we need the 3 of them, just discussing it.
More details here :
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/proposals-about-tempering-and-bricking-items/156851

But having less possibilities on all recipes could fix it too, and keep the feeling that you have to press the tempering button rly carefully.

2 Likes

Hey! You’re the one who said this:

I knew I read it somewhere. I forgot to reply to your post.
That’s an interesting idea.
Baseline roll after the Tempering Durability has been exhausted.

I’m compiling the ideas that Players have come up with so far to try to get them consolidated into one spot.
It’s a topic of much debate for sure.
Thanks for responding!!

1 Like

This would work fine. I rather have a min roll for ultimate skill CD if it is the ultimate I am using over a max roll for an ultimate i am not using.

Yes, insult, be snarky, condescend.

Don’t add to the discussion. Just be dismissive as if it relieves you of the responsibility of listening to another point of view.

Call anyone you disagree with “Kid/Incel/Boomer/Tinfoil”. It means you instantly win!

Every time a Masterworking attempt fails the chance goes up 10% till it succeeds. So its not that bad.

they need to implement a system to reload the temper tries.
Something like Disentchant 10 Uniqes get there a rare material and you need this and some other mats to reload the temper tries.

You are more than welcome to summarize and and take credit, especially if you’re going to do the leg work of the executive summary. :+1:

I just switched to barb to see the tornado fuss. It’s intersting here b/c you can see them deploy the subtraction idea rather than addition. For the most important, class favorite affixe list of duststorms, you only get TWO, I repeat TWO options. Bigger size or chance to cast second tornado. You will be happy with either temper that appers.

This is an illustration of my feedback. You want all temper options to be exciting! And you want fewer choices to avoid the RNG is you want the item to lock up.

This is exactly the problem for me. As a rogue you got a weapon manual meant for core skills. It looks like this:

1. Barrage has 15% chance to shoot another arrow
  2. Rapid Fire has 15% chance to shoot another arrow
  3. Penetrating Shot has 15% chance to shoot another arrow
  4. Twisting Blades has (…)
  5. Flurry has (…)

There is no nice to have. Its just need or no need. Its a 4/5 chance to be completely useless for your build. Imagine you have to do this on a perfect rolled affix+ item. You will hate the game for sure.

A better way is to have manuals separate per skill. For example there is a manual with:

1. Barrage has 15% chance for another arrow
  2. Barrage has 15% to proc another core skill
  3. Barrage has 15% to knock back enemies
  4. Barrage has 15% to create arrow storms

Another one for Flurry, Twisting Blades and so on. There is a 100% chance that you upgraded your builds gear and can live with it.

You are hilarious. This is the second time i get offended first but when i reply, you jump on me. I dont know what i did to you but you are extremly annoying. You are a snowflake who cant take criticism.

I’m glad you think I’m annoying.

That’s the whole point of me coming for you after you started with me over my OPINION on here.

People like you would push a button and erase anyone from the world who disagrees with you.

Your responses to others shows that you try and dehumanize them so that literally any condescending snarky comment you make feels ‘justified.’

Where is the rogue temper manual option that gives more combo points in S2? :grinning:

Serious suggestion to the devs

There needs to be something man… bricking is just a risk/reward and its good you will get another item … in all the arpgs you brick items like wow you cant even imagine

If you find a great item and you temper it at the first try then where is the lgoic of grinding. The game encourages you to find more useful items and more temepering manuals to try your chance. Also it would be useful for us if we are to change our build at some point

If you use all your tries, you have an 86% chance of getting the affix you want. That is a very high chance.

No, if things dont brick theres no risk, and with risk comes a better feeling of rewards. But id say that it would be great to reset the tempering attempts with a high cost. reallly high cost.

1 Like