You do not understand what Personal Loot is

Play the games - if you had played D3 or WoW you would know exactly how Blizz handles Personal Loot, how it can be modified (spec specific) and implemented differently, and how trade is separate.

You obviously have not. No, they don’t have a Dictionary if that is what you want.

You seem to be very new to both the forums and the games. Playing semantics does not work well here.

The only one not clear on this is you. The rest of us who play the games know exactly how it works.

6 Likes

I have played D2 since launch. I played WoW at launch, and WoW Classic at launch. I played D3 at launch. Don’t see the point in baselessly accusing me of not playing games.

You are saying that Personal Loot is D3 loot. Yeah I get the concept, I covered it in detail in my original post. But no where on any official (or even unofficial) is D3 loot defined as the phrase “Personal Loot”. That is a made up phrase with no definition. And without a definition, the community is free to interpret the concept as they see fit. Maybe most people assume D3 loot, maybe not - there is no way to know. But people like you and MicroRNA are just so sure that everyone in the community understands that personal loot is D3 loot and that is the end of it. This doesn’t seem to be the case from what I am seeing.

And then there is the problem of details. Is “personal loot” simply D3 style instanced loot, where everyone gets full loot? Currently in D2 the no-drop chance goes way down when there are multiple players; will this still remain in effect or will loot drop as if there is only one player? Which scenario does “personal loot” entail?

So when you are voting for personal loot on their poll, are you voting for 8 players getting loot with all 8 players reducing the no-drop chance, or only 1?

Since you know what the exact definition of personal loot is, please enlighten me, as -

How loot works in D3 or WoW is kind of irrelevant given that Blizzard wasn’t re-making a game when they devised either of those systems.

In D2:R, loot allocation would seem to be the way you’d go for “personal loot” since it changes the game the least (same exact drops and amount is possible, you are just then deciding how to allocate and if it’s timed and what not).

Path of Exile’s loot allocation system is probably the clearest example of how you’d consider doing loot in D2:R if you were considering changing it. Even though it’s not a Blizzard game, its loot system is much more similar to D2 than WoW or D3. Its loot allocation system is what you would expect a natural progression of the existing D2 loot system would look like if you didn’t want it to remain FFA exclusively, but still remain as similar to the original as possible.

I’d expect most people opposed to “personal loot” are opposed to it regardless of the exact details anyway. Or maybe not? Perhaps some people would be fine with a PoE style loot allocation system, but would hate a D3 style system where you don’t even see what is dropping for other people. :man_shrugging:

Leave Diablo II as it is God damn.

You don’t like ? You don’t play and go back to d3 with all your awesome failed features.

Don’t ruin this game.

In recent articles they said even adding auto-sorting stash was too big a leap from the original D2. You also have to factor in the $40 price point and the fact that they announced a release window for this year, which puts constraints on how much new stuff they could add into the game before launch.

Given all this I would not expect them to make any significant changes to the loot system.

That’s not what this post is about, this post is about the fact that people who are asking for personal loot don’t even know what they are asking for.

If you look through any of the personal loot related topics on this forum (or any other website forums) you can easily count the topic is divided very, very largely.

I agree with your topic’s overall point that many players have different ideas of what personal loot is, but your first statement is blatantly false.

Stop asking for personal loot

individual-item-drop-will-decrease-the-motivation-of-farming

Personal loot would be Terrible

Personal drops not faithful to D2

Reddit example:
https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo2/comments/m7q8sm/my_reasons_against_ploot/

There are 108 likes on that first post I linked alone and there are tons more replies in every other personal loot discussion thread as well.

Claiming “Two people” is laughably reductive.

1 Like

Well the debate is because D2 system is broken and has always been since 3rd party programs… that’s why it’s being debated.

3rd party programs have ruined this.
You can literally have multiple players of your own (multi key) in a public game bottling with pickit…which makes FFA loot next to impossible
AND
It’s not entirely possible the person/s playing with this person would even know they will never win the “grab it” war with this person for hours.

Unless we have a fully secured battle network that eliminates this kind of problem indefinitely then technically D2 is actually the game with failed features :man_shrugging:

I’ve seen people saying “but leechers! I kill and loot drops for them?!?”
Not the best argument either considering I could kill said thing and the loot could drop for you…in this case the trade off is actually closer to fair if anything.

D2 system isnt broken. It’s people that are broken, cheaters.

Never had problem with in 1.10 to 1.12 (then i played only pvp). Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. You can be faster than tools also.

“Unless we have a fully secured battle network that eliminates this kind of problem indefinitely then technically D2 is actually the game with failed features”

This is the key. I believe in new bnet system, D2R should be safe at least at first.

it’s very fun to fight for loot honestly… it’s one of the fun in PvM.

I feel sad reading all those topics trying to make the game easier, where is the challenge ?

The system (server side) can’t detect the cheaters (client side) easily.
This makes the D2 system broken in some ways, yes. Cheating is inevitable, I think we should consider adopting ways to fight it.

No, you can’t. The only way you “beat” a modern pickit hack, is if that person disables the script for that item, or isn’t using a mulebot and is full.

The only way you pickup items from a modern autopick in D2 is if they let you.

This discussion is not about personnal loot then it is about fixing cheats.

I am confident about that for the first ladder at least. Hacks wont be as easy as in D2, also they won’t be public.

Don’t really see how that will change currently unless Blizzard has something up their sleeve.

All these programs are designed to make the player seem exactly like a real player

Also you aren’t going to know if pickit is in or not for awhile when d2r comes out because likewise to before it will be a closed group secret for as long as it can be.

That’s one of the major plus side argument FOR personal loot…
It literally does eliminate the problems caused by 3rd party programs.

The discussion about personal loot and the discussion about pickit are the same discussion. You can’t really have one without the other.

I could care less about people clicking faster than each other, but pickit with FFA loot makes botting much more profitable, and will cause a revolving cycle of cheating and profitability if it exceeds the purchase price of the game.

Pickit and bots will exist with or without personal loot, but FFA loot makes them much more profitable based on how much a 8player game has an effect on drop rate for runes, and how much Jah/Ber can net a botter in the first weeks or reset.

I’m not arguing one way or the other, or that a toggle/separate realm is or isn’t the answer, but I do think we should at least consider all ways we can combat cheats in D2R.

I don’t get, how you can tell wether people know, what personal loot is. Ofc not everyone has the same details in mind. But I can easily argue against personal loot, without knowing any specifics of the implementation. No matter, how you implement it, you can easily show, that it either messes with the item economy (especially runes) or with the drop statistics.

Personal loot for me would be everyone gets there own loot and you never see other players loot! Your able to trade but you don’t have to deal with clicking faster and the toxic behavior And game play thst goes along with it!

The purist are lying and will never admit that the mass exit of players was due to the fact that we never got our own loot / instanced loot etc! It was a giant war for years until we all left and the same 24-40K are still here pounding the chest loud and clear! In 2021 clicking faster and worrying about someone MF leeching is just mind blowing! Give a kick function, set the game to highest MF everyone gets that MF , split MF between the party there is a ton of ways to solve the issue besides clicking faster which is an absolute joke! Due to class balance instead of talking improvements the same people who killed d2 back then are going to repeat history!

You own loot is required going forward
Cain resets al the areas in the game 10 second count down! So we’re spamming games my lord we could be talking end game and so many other qol but instead wahhhhhh wahhhhhh he’s leeching when we all know your going to be playing by your self in a private game sooner or later you know after 4-5 hours! The anti social game play has to end I want to farm With friends and not worry about clicking or dealing with the drama / toxic bs that is created by ffa loot! I also think a trade site or some sort auction house where runes r the currency to not deal with trade spam, looking at forums or what ever other out dated crap that is being proposed

What’s wrong with toxic behavior? Should we also remove hostile.

We could always open an arena where you chose to participate.
No. Because that would change how the game feels to people.

I don’t use the hostile button or play hardcore so I don’t care! My friends just farm gear and builds could care less about pvp or your hostile button! I can honestly say playing modded d2 and normal d2 I never even thought to pvp after doing it for one season I can honestly say it was the lamest thing I’ve ever seen in gaming and it was sad! Now for hardcore I assume it’s cool because you can Gank ppl and steal items but for normal rofl

Hostile isn’t toxic

We could always open a ffa area where you can ffa together :man_shrugging:

I never played hardcore or really went hostile on others. But the experiences FFA loot and hostile Pkers gave me, were far more precious than Ploot ever gave me in any game.

lets be honest here. the drop rate in d2 is so low, that it really doesnt matter if 8 players have instanced loot, you are just not going to find the item you want in any reasonable time. Diablo 2’s economy was greatly influenced by botting, duping, and real money trading, if thoes things are patched not even 8x loot is going to make up for what was lost.

Just wanted to quickly point out that instanced loot wouldn’t be 8x the loot.
It would have the same drop rate, then distribute the loot according to how many players were near.

2 Likes