You do not understand what Personal Loot is

The system (server side) can’t detect the cheaters (client side) easily.
This makes the D2 system broken in some ways, yes. Cheating is inevitable, I think we should consider adopting ways to fight it.

No, you can’t. The only way you “beat” a modern pickit hack, is if that person disables the script for that item, or isn’t using a mulebot and is full.

The only way you pickup items from a modern autopick in D2 is if they let you.

This discussion is not about personnal loot then it is about fixing cheats.

I am confident about that for the first ladder at least. Hacks wont be as easy as in D2, also they won’t be public.

Don’t really see how that will change currently unless Blizzard has something up their sleeve.

All these programs are designed to make the player seem exactly like a real player

Also you aren’t going to know if pickit is in or not for awhile when d2r comes out because likewise to before it will be a closed group secret for as long as it can be.

That’s one of the major plus side argument FOR personal loot…
It literally does eliminate the problems caused by 3rd party programs.

The discussion about personal loot and the discussion about pickit are the same discussion. You can’t really have one without the other.

I could care less about people clicking faster than each other, but pickit with FFA loot makes botting much more profitable, and will cause a revolving cycle of cheating and profitability if it exceeds the purchase price of the game.

Pickit and bots will exist with or without personal loot, but FFA loot makes them much more profitable based on how much a 8player game has an effect on drop rate for runes, and how much Jah/Ber can net a botter in the first weeks or reset.

I’m not arguing one way or the other, or that a toggle/separate realm is or isn’t the answer, but I do think we should at least consider all ways we can combat cheats in D2R.

I don’t get, how you can tell wether people know, what personal loot is. Ofc not everyone has the same details in mind. But I can easily argue against personal loot, without knowing any specifics of the implementation. No matter, how you implement it, you can easily show, that it either messes with the item economy (especially runes) or with the drop statistics.

Personal loot for me would be everyone gets there own loot and you never see other players loot! Your able to trade but you don’t have to deal with clicking faster and the toxic behavior And game play thst goes along with it!

The purist are lying and will never admit that the mass exit of players was due to the fact that we never got our own loot / instanced loot etc! It was a giant war for years until we all left and the same 24-40K are still here pounding the chest loud and clear! In 2021 clicking faster and worrying about someone MF leeching is just mind blowing! Give a kick function, set the game to highest MF everyone gets that MF , split MF between the party there is a ton of ways to solve the issue besides clicking faster which is an absolute joke! Due to class balance instead of talking improvements the same people who killed d2 back then are going to repeat history!

You own loot is required going forward
Cain resets al the areas in the game 10 second count down! So we’re spamming games my lord we could be talking end game and so many other qol but instead wahhhhhh wahhhhhh he’s leeching when we all know your going to be playing by your self in a private game sooner or later you know after 4-5 hours! The anti social game play has to end I want to farm With friends and not worry about clicking or dealing with the drama / toxic bs that is created by ffa loot! I also think a trade site or some sort auction house where runes r the currency to not deal with trade spam, looking at forums or what ever other out dated crap that is being proposed

What’s wrong with toxic behavior? Should we also remove hostile.

We could always open an arena where you chose to participate.
No. Because that would change how the game feels to people.

I don’t use the hostile button or play hardcore so I don’t care! My friends just farm gear and builds could care less about pvp or your hostile button! I can honestly say playing modded d2 and normal d2 I never even thought to pvp after doing it for one season I can honestly say it was the lamest thing I’ve ever seen in gaming and it was sad! Now for hardcore I assume it’s cool because you can Gank ppl and steal items but for normal rofl

Hostile isn’t toxic

We could always open a ffa area where you can ffa together :man_shrugging:

I never played hardcore or really went hostile on others. But the experiences FFA loot and hostile Pkers gave me, were far more precious than Ploot ever gave me in any game.

lets be honest here. the drop rate in d2 is so low, that it really doesnt matter if 8 players have instanced loot, you are just not going to find the item you want in any reasonable time. Diablo 2’s economy was greatly influenced by botting, duping, and real money trading, if thoes things are patched not even 8x loot is going to make up for what was lost.

Just wanted to quickly point out that instanced loot wouldn’t be 8x the loot.
It would have the same drop rate, then distribute the loot according to how many players were near.

2 Likes

I’m only going to say this one last time.

Everyone on this forum is defining Personal Loot their own way, and it differs wildly.

This is a problem because if the community pushes “Personal Loot” hard enough, the devs may cave and create a system for it. And that system will only be what a fraction of the people actually want.

PERSONAL LOOT is defined by Mists of Pandaria and continued through modern WOW. It means that the system will drop things for you only relevant to your class & build.

INSTANCED LOOT is D3 style loot where everyone’s drops are separated completely different instances.

AUTO-SORT loot is the system of Classic WoW and PoE. Both of these games have various settings and options so that the loot gets distributed more fairly than simple randomization. In this case, all loot is in the same instance and sorted automatically by the system.

Free For All (FFA) Loot is the system in D2. All loot is in the same instance. Whoever picks it up gets it.

These are all definitions based on the best info available. There is no true definitions of any of this stuff, which is why everyone is interpreting it in their own way.

This post (and the larger forum) is filled with bull-headed people who have decided what “personal loot” means and they are sure the community is 100% on board with them. Sorry, but that is not the case.

My hypothesis is that if we had a more appropriate poll defining these exact loot systems (and explaining exactly how they would apply to D2R) the community would be split many different ways.

Currently the only public information is the Reddit Poll, in which 49% of participants voted for some kind of “Personal Loot”. If you were to actually break it down by what everyone thinks Personal Loot is, then it would be a bunch of minor small groups opposing the 39% of people who want no change. I think that the no change group is actually the largest.

Regardless I think its moot; the devs seem very hesitant to change anything that might make D2R feel different than D2. Any loot change would be a huge change. I honestly don’t think they will change it from FFA.

They said this is not a remake, and they never made any Loot QoL promises whatsoever, so if a large part of the fan base complains that D2R is not good enough for them, that is on them, not on Blizzard.

1 Like

In the end, it doesn’t matter how you define it. What matters is how Diablo defines it and how we know it from Diablo.

If you play a range class, the melee classes take all the loot since you are too far away.