• can be stacked in inventory / chest, like regular gems

Greater Rifts

• can be opened up to level 200
  • drop at least 1 Ramaladni’s Gift

Legendary Gems (+ 6 New gems !)

• Esoteric Alteration

• Reduces non-Physical damage taken by 10% 50%
    • Upgrading increases damage reduction by 0.5% 1%
    • Rank 25 bonus: When you take lethal damage, you are sustained preventing all damage for 4 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 60 seconds. In addition, while below half Life, your resistances to Cold, Fire, Lightning, Poison, and Arcane are increased by 75%
  • Mutilation Guard

• Reduces melee damage taken (of any Elemental Damage type) by 10% 50%
    • Improve Thorns damage by the same amount
    • Upgrading increases damage reduction by 0.5% 1%
  • Invigorating Gemstone

• Upon a successful hit, increases healing received from all sources by 1% 5% for 5 20 seconds, stacking up to 10 times.
    • Upgrading increases healing bonus by 0.02% 1%
    • Rank 25 bonus: When healed, ennemies in 60 yards suffer damage equivalent to 500% the healing bonus. In addition, you become immune to control impairing effects
  • Iceblink

• All Cold skills always Chill enemies, slowing them by 60% for 1 second (unless already better), and slowdown potency of all Chill effects increases by 5% (up to 80%). Upgrading increases speed reduction by 0.4%. (Maximum Rank is 50). Rank 25 bonus: gain additional 10% Critical Hit Chance against Chilled or Frozen enemies
    • Cold Skills always Chill ennemies for 1 second, slowing them by 60%. After that delay, ennemies are immune to Chill and Freeze effects for the same amount of time
    • Gain an additional 0.65% Critical Hit Chance against Chilled or Frozen enemies
    • Upgrading increases Critical Hit Chance bonus by 0.65% and chill them for an additional 0.05 second
    • Rank 25 bonus: Chilled ennemies are now Frozen
  • Shrine [NEW!]

• Gain 1 new random shrine effect every 60 seconds, for 1 second
    • Upgrading increases duration for an additional 0.4 second
    • Rank 25 bonus: Gain 2 shrine effects
  • Pylon [NEW!]

• Gain 1 new random pylon effect every 60 seconds, for 1 second
    • Upgrading increases duration for an additional 0.4 second
    • Rank 25 bonus: Gain 2 pylon effects
  • Triune [NEW!]

• 1% Chance on Hit to create 1 new random Triune effect for 10 seconds, among Love (increased damage by 100%), Determination (increased resource reduction), Creation (increased cooldown reduction)
    • Upgrading increases Chance on Hit by 0.2% for an additional 0.05 second
    • Rank 25 bonus: Triune radius is increased by 100%
  • Forbidden Archives [NEW!]

• You can choose any item in 1 slot of your Kanai Cube
    • Rank 25 bonus: Dropped items are identified
    • Unsocketing this gem resets your Kanai Cube
    • You can have socketed up to 3 gems of this type
  • Imperial Grandeur [NEW!]

• Reduces the number of items needed for set bonuses by 1 (to a minimum of 2)
    • Rank 25 bonus: Reduces by 2
    • It does not cumulate with Ring of Royal Grandeur
  • Doppelgängers [NEW!]

• You are permanently shadow-cloned, and your clone cannot die
    • Rank 25 bonus: Your clone replicates your primary skills
    • Rank 50 bonus: Your clone replicates your secondary skills
    • Rank 75 bonus: Your clone replicates all your skills
    • Rank 100 bonus: You are cloned 2 times
    • Rank 125 bonus: You are cloned 3 times
    • Rank 150 bonus: 1% chance on hit to be cloned for 10 seconds
  • Shen’s Delight, …etc.

• Unreleased gems. Just for the season, release them all !
      https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Shen%27s_Delight

Explainer

• New gems = fun !
  • More socketable gems = lots of combinations
  • More socketable gems = great replayability (level them all !)
  • Defensive gems can now be considered by players = more attack-based items in inventory
  • Items without socket by default = 1 additional usable property
  • Items without socket by default = Ramaladni’s Gift is a precious resource (socket them all !)
  • Up to 3 sockets on weapons and off-hands = lots of fun
  • More engagement, as casual players will try to reach GR 100+
  • More engagement, as professional players will try to reach GR 200

If GR 200 is not technically feasible (64 bits integers, etc), it is possible to simulate a GR 200 in 4 lines of code, by nerfing parangon levels:

// Simulate GR 150+
// ----------------
// Remove 100 Parangon points
// per GR level over 150
If (GRLevel > 150) {
  playerParangonPoints -= (GRLevel - 150) * 100;
  playerParangonPoints < 0 ? 0 : playerParangonPoints;
}

At some point you will be totally Parangon negated, achieving Parangon 0.
Then only your items, skills and gameplay will make the difference.
Doing GR 150+ while at Parangon 0 is the real challenge.

See also

3 Likes

Terrible, horrendous idea. Adds nothing but more power creep. Gives seasonal players a significant advantage over non-seasonal players.

If you’re going to make theme suggestions, at least try to think something that is feasible to create, adds no power creep or permanent transferable buffs, etc.

7 Likes

Season of Grandeur and Season of Forbidden Archives were among the most popular seasons. Seasonal buffs offer a unique and temporary instant of crazyness. That’s the goal.

Seasonal buffs are always removed once the season ends. In this case, Developers can either completely destroy items, or just unsocket them then remove their seasonal Ramaladni’s Gift. It is not a problem for seasonal players, that do not expect their seasonal builds to work after the season ends (again, for example: Season of Grandeur and Season of Forbidden Archives)

1 Like

You still haven’t adressed the feasibility. Gear being deleted is never going to be acceptable and undoing the sockets is going to be an endless source of potential issues.

Also one thing has to be repeated. This thing adds nothing but power creep. Season of Grandeur or Forbidden Archives were able to mix up builds etc. This however does absolutely nothing.

Is this the same as a bot “player”? I use the term “player” very loosely. What is a professional player?

1 Like

Max GR level is 150. From what I understand, tech limits are about maxed out, number wise, as it is, so not gonna see GR 200 anytime soon, if ever.

1 Like

It’s amazing how so many just want so much more power. MOAR POWER!!! Are you actually entertained by this power creep phenomenon that has basically destroyed every ounce of difficulty this game used to offer? After a season starts, the game is literally over for me after a week, and that’s casually playing…

What we need is the Season of Nerf.

GR200 won’t happen. The reason is because of the limitations of 64 bit signed integers.

1 Like

I sincerely hope that D4 is not overrun with this nonsense.

If I recall, David Kim made reference to strategic nerfs in D4 when needed.

I think some of the D4 devs understand, I like this comment:

What do we look for in a Diablo end-game? What would we be excited to play? When we started thinking about this, like Ok, varied content. That’s critical. I don’t want to be just doing just one thing over and over again in end-game. Making powerful, unique builds as a core part of Diablo; and we need content that encourage that level of strategic depth; and honestly, player agency is super important. Random dungeons are awesome. I love them; but I I don’t want to just feel like I am reacting to what the game is giving me. I don’t want to feel like I am in rails. So how are we doing this? - Zaven (sounds like a jab at GRs to me).

1 Like

I sincerely hope so! BORING!

I think Zaven truly get’s it. GRs are for :rabbit2: :rabbit2: :rabbit2: on a treadmill looking for :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Zaven : For those of you who have played Greater Rifts in Diablo III, you might know that there is like a timer there; and one of the side effects of doing things like that and you have learned a lot about this, is that it makes you want to rush through, skip things, you start to get very specific about what you want to kill and what you want to do.

So for the Dungeon Key end-game experience we can talk about right now, the plan is that since we have all these various dungeons, and they will all have different objectives, you need to do a different thing to complete each of those dungeons. It is going to mean that the pace of combat, and the exact thing you are valuing in everyone of those dungeons, is going to be very different. Particularly when you add dungeon affixes.

I don’t know if they ever had a season of Convention of Elements (I’ve only played since season 15), but that might make for a interesting seasonal buff. Just about every build uses CoE so a season featuring it as a buff, and opening up an extra ring slot, would be something that would add a nice touch and not be game breaking.

Or maybe season of the Reaper - everyone gets the Reapers Wrap buff for free?

You realise they don’t compete against each other, they have separate leader boards?

What Kirrotu means is that if Blizzard doesn’t properly remove the items (which isn’t impossible given blizzard’s track record when it comes to bugs or such) from the game when the proposed season ends, then former seasonal players will have items that strictly non-seasonal players could never hope to match.

i think next season can be unlocking the follower so he can use the special skill of the items he uses. that cant be used in non season and since there aren’t many items that you can equip to follower then he cant be too much overpowered.
maybe he can use the legendary gems too.

An ok seasonal theme with gems would be, in my view, if we’ll able to fusion 2 gems but with some restrictions to not be overpower… maybe a thing that we can have a regular gogok or a half gogok with an other half of a gem in only one socket. It would be great for combo to have some new gems tho

1 Like

Nearly every recent season buff is about power creep which is not transferred to ns.

And that is fine.

Powercreep in ns would be fine too.
I’d like it to be possible to do GR 150 solo in ns without insane amount of paragon.

Using more gems would usually translate to more toughness, as the relevant power ones are used anyways and each build only benefits from a few in a significant way, powerwise.

Since we have had so much power creep, the normal gems feel under powered. So if not for using legendary gems, perhaps rebalance the power of the normal gems.

Rebalancing legendary gems could be fun too. For example by changing, updating current powers and perhaps even by adding a third power unlocking at level 75.

2 Likes

I wonder how many of the gems are even being used, it seems like most people used the same 4-5. :gem: :gem: :gem: :gem: :gem:

Yes indeed.

The same few are used in dps buils, a few others in zdps buils.

Some are used at only lvl 25 or have a max level < 150 which makes other gems more worthwhile to use.

Any decent group can easily do gr150 nowadays…

So many unused ones. There is simply no build that would benefit from each gem.

I hear you :slight_smile:

It is possible to simulate a GR 200 in 4 lines of code, by nerfing parangon levels.

// Simulate GR 150+
// ----------------
// Remove 100 Parangon points
// per GR level over 150
If (GRLevel > 150) {
  playerParangonPoints -= (GRLevel - 150) * 100;
  playerParangonPoints < 0 ? 0 : playerParangonPoints;
}

You seem to vastly overestimate the power of paragon levels.

The monster health increases 17% multiplicatively for each GR level. To “simulate” such increase by decreasing paragon points, player damage output needs to drop 14,53% multiplicatively for each GR level. 100 paragon points barely achieves a fraction of that.

Reducing paragon points is also really bad method because its effect directly depends the total amount of main stat player has.

1 Like