Season 22 - Idea - Full Gem Alchemist

Yes, exactly.
At some point you will be totally Parangon negated, achieving Parangon 0.
Then only your items, skills and gameplay will make the difference.
Doing GR 150+ while at Parangon 0 is the real challenge.
Full Gem Alchemist seasonal buff will help.

I wouldn’t mind seeing it go back to GR100 max & make the GRs harder…With NO addl power creep…

I like the concept of this idea but it is definitely a little on the over powered side…moreso than other themes mentioned. Perhaps 1 of 2 ideas for this theme:

Legendary Gems can be in Weapons, Or as mentioned a gift item to produce socket in anything (note not everything has to hold Legendary gems)

This would only be a single socket not the multiples mentioned.

As far as GR’s go Keep it as it is.

At season end, sockets vanish (gems got to inventory) Legendary gems in weapons are un socketed…much like the Season 20 cube buff which allowed multiple cube items from 1 category and how that “disappeared” at seasons end. No one would loose items, just sockets. At the end of season 20 your cube powers just vanished if not set in the proper class…though the cubed power itself was not lost.

1 Like

I like the idea of either THAT gift or another gift to put sockets in rings and amulets. I hate rolling for a socket it those items. Not because it takes a spot, that I couldn’t care less about. NO. I am talking about many rerolls just to get a SOCKET. That is very BORING. Needing an Imperial ‘gem’ for the rerolling is a waste also. It doesn’t matter if I can make 200 of them, it adds to the boredom of rolling for a socket. Yes, I get it. It’s a hamster in the hamster wheel game, but there are plenty of ‘other’ things to sink my time in the game.

1 Like

New gems proposals:

• Shrine [NEW!]

• Gain 1 new random shrine effect every 60 seconds, for 1 second
    • Upgrading increases duration for an additional 0.4 second
    • Rank 25 bonus: Gain 2 shrine effects
  • Pylon [NEW!]

• Gain 1 new random pylon effect every 60 seconds, for 1 second
    • Upgrading increases duration for an additional 0.4 second
    • Rank 25 bonus: Gain 2 pylon effects
  • Triune [NEW!]

• 1% Chance on Hit to create 1 new random Triune effect for 10 seconds, among Love (increased damage by 100%), Determination (increased resource reduction), Creation (increased cooldown reduction).
    • Upgrading increases Chance on Hit by 0.2% for an additional 0.05 second
    • Rank 25 bonus: Triune radius is increased by 100%
  • Forbidden Archives [NEW!]

• You can choose any item in 1 slot of your Kanai Cube
    • Rank 25 bonus: Dropped items are identified
    • Unsocketing this gem resets your Kanai Cube
    • You can have socketed up to 3 gems of this type
  • Imperial Grandeur [NEW!]

• Reduces the number of items needed for set bonuses by 1 (to a minimum of 2)
    • Rank 25 bonus: Reduces by 2
    • It does not cumulate with Ring of Royal Grandeur
  • Doppelgängers [NEW!]

• You are permanently shadow-cloned, and your clone cannot die
    • Rank 25 bonus: Your clone replicates your primary skills
    • Rank 50 bonus: Your clone replicates your secondary skills
    • Rank 75 bonus: Your clone replicates all your skills
    • Rank 100 bonus: You are cloned 2 times
    • Rank 125 bonus: You are cloned 3 times
    • Rank 150 bonus: 1% chance on hit to be cloned for 10 seconds

Imperial Grandeur
Enables multi-set for Necromancer.

Doppelgängers
If multi-leveled gems take too much time to implement for now, we could consider to implement Doppelgängers as a buff for an upcoming season (Season 23), and gem it the season after (Season 24). That said, having Doppelgängers available as gem directly in Season 22 would be very fun.