this ofc, requires to have more than 2 sockets in an item
i already mentioned it could improve item balance to give more sockets to lower tier items and normal items could like before be the base for runewords
if you balance the numbers its no problem to stack multiple effects or conditions in 1 item
since we are in a new age of games, players should be retained from messing up a runeword so i would suggest that any socket is forged at the blacksmith
this is also more realistic. i mean, why would some random warriors be able to forge runes into swords and armors? they are no frikking blacksmiths xD
so you would place the item in the smith menue, put the socket items in their slots and confirm, as it already shows you the effects, that will emerge
to let ppl know about runewords and also encourage them to interact with the lore, books and npcs, they could learn about combinations when talking to people or reading a book, etc.
dont judge the balance, its just to show you the idea
The legend tells of an angel, a servant of the high heavens. He felt in love with a human princess. Of course he didn’t show himself in the world of mortals but very well did he watch over her. Whenever she burnt herself at a torch, cut herself with a knife or got bitten by a venomous snake, he channeled his sacred powers to heal her wounds and save her precious life. One day however, she was struck by lightning and die immediately. He couldn’t do anything. His tears let the land of her father drown in rain for 7 days.
30% damage over time reduction
while suffering from a damage over time effect, heal for 5% max HP, every second
when being poisoned, activate the next socketed rune (nef)
when being burned, activate the next socketed rune (ral)
when bleeding, activate the next socketed rune (shael)
when active, heal for 20% max HP, over 5 seconds (hel)
if you like this idea, post your own runewords
this thread is supposed to be creative and fun
adding my other runewords here for a better overview
I remember the day, i quit my service as a soldier. I was leading a small troup in the desert of Kehjistan. We were hunting down some lesser demons. Pushed them into a cave. Or did they lure us? What waited there for us can’t be described other than…thirst. This vile monster with all it’s long arms, legs and raser sharp claws, seemed to be drinking the life force right out of the air. Every single man who tried to engage it, fell to the ground before even reaching it. I knew we could not win. I droped my sword and ran. This was the last day of my life as a warrior. I feel no shame. There are things out there that simple men like me just can’t stand against.
Dagger, Sword, Bow, Axe, Spear
- gain a permanent aura, that steals 1% of nearby enemies hp, mana and stamina, every second. (yea i fit that into MY resource systems idea, lol)
- when hp falls beyond 50%, activate the next socketed rune.
- when mana falls beyond 50%, activate the next socketed rune.
- when stamina falls beyond 50%, activate the next socketed rune.
- when active, gain 10% life steal per hit, for 5 seconds.
- when active, gain 10% mana steal per hit, for 5 seconds.
- when active, gain 10% stamina steal per hit, for 5 seconds.
i mean, you cant even make runes that are grounded on resources if every character has their own resource or its complicated to communicate
This warrior. I have never seen a human, so powerful, so sacred, so full of faith. He wasn’t a berserker. More of an unbreakable wall between us and hordes of demons. This man was the reason, that i stand here now. That this whole village still exists. To our advantage, there was only a small breach in the wall, so he didn’t have to cover a large field. He didn’t move a feet. The demons just hitting on him like the sea on a huge cliff.
- every second, without moving, increases your block rate, physical resistance and CC resistance by 1%, up to 50%
- every 3 seconds, without moving, activate the next socketed rune.
- when active, gain 500 damage barrier.
- when active, break free of any imparing effect.
- when active, gain +10% block rate for 5 seconds.
It was a clear night, full of stars. I just went behind the house to take a piss, when i saw her. The woman that moved in to the tavern 2 days before. She stood close to the river and she was surrounded by…nature? Fire, ice, lightning. Everything circled around her as if she was the most skills firedancer of all time. The air was hot, cold, charged. She just remained peacefully, her eyes closed and the elements, enlightening her body in all possible colors. She didn’t wear her armor. She didn’t wear too much, at all. But it was this pure, raw energy that kept me hypnotized. I could not turn away. I could only stand and watch. She might would have killed me if she saw me. But it was like a spell. I had no control over myself. When she stopped, i could manage to sneak away, back to my house. When she saw me in the tavern at the next day, she smiled. Did she recognize me in that night? I will never know.
- Whenever you attack with an element, the next attack with an other element will deal +10% damage.
- When dealing fire damage, activate the next socketed attack rune
- When dealing cold damage, activate the next socketed attack rune
- When dealing lightning damage, activate the next socketed attack rune
- When active, your next attack will deal +5% elemental damage
I wouldn’t be still alive if it wasn’t for this…shadow. I was carrying wares to the village. A short route leads through the forest. I wish i could avoid this part. Those damn bandits saw me and started chasing. But i didn’t want to just give up all my stuff. So i ran. Of course i didn’t get far. They catched me soon and blocked my way. Drew their weapons. I was unarmed. But they probably didn’t want any witness. And then, one of them fell to the ground. With an arrow, right through his heart. I could only perceive a dark, hooded person, just for a second and then it vanished again. An other bandit fell to the ground. They split up to spot him. But one after an other got shot down while i could see the dark shadow, always just for a short moment until he disappeared. When the bandits were all dead i wanted to thank my savior, pay them for my life. But they were gone.
- After not attacking for 5 seconds, become invisible to all enemies, for 5 seconds
- After not attacking for 5 seconds, activate the next socketed rune
- When active, increase evasion chance by 30%, for 5 seconds
- When active, increase stamina regeneration by 30%, for 5 seconds
- When active, increase movement speed by 30%, for 5 seconds