Runewords vs Runewords

So, you didn’t watch the stream I watched. Sets will be INTRO lvl items, and specific to doing certain things. but legendary items are what they want for end game. I’m simply saying, we can have runewords that are d2 like as an in-between.

Funny for me about sets, I LOVED that d3 made sets good when I came from D2. I always wondered why they had these cool pieces that gave you bonuses for each certain number you wore.

In D2, sets were the bottom. Runewords/rares/magic/and uniques all were superior. Besides the few who used tal’s and griswald foh in pk. Tals was the poor mans mf character too.

I agree totally on sets being the ONLY way to get anywhere besides LoD/LoN showing up as a contender again.

Pre 1.10 runewords type would be a GREAT idea!

2 Likes

I think they have the right idea with runewords being customizable. It seems like there’s a trigger rune and a modifier rune… So for example, if you use a potion, rune 2 will be triggered.

I think 2 runes isn’t enough and 3 would be cool.

They should NOT do the D2 system where runewords become OP, BIS, and are better than any well rolled unique item.

4 Likes

I don’t see the problem with reintroducing weaker runewords to D4. I’m sure myself and many others would welcome the extra option.

1 Like

what u think bout that? :slight_smile:
Runewords are very possible within the new system

Absolutely no to anything D2 related for D4. D2 is an outdated antiquated system that needs to remain in the past. D4 needs to be a modern ARPG based on all the great features of modern ARPGs

1 Like

Which are?
I am just curious, what you gonna list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nothing in this post outlines anything specific about the systems that you think are “outdated” or “bad” so until you go into details then you’re just a troll using vague language with logical fallacies. Because time alone does not invalidate the systems in a game and their usefulness.

2 Likes

Not a troll just don’t want to go back to an antiquated system and apparently you did not clearly read the OP

D3’s systems are “antiquated” then, they’re almost 8 years old now. What’s your idea of “modern” systems. Actually, they’re older than the release date, more like they were in concept since 2007 since the game was revealed in 2008 blizzcon.

Just because an idea is newer, does not make it superior.

1 Like

Just because something is old doesn’t mean it’s bad, though.

There is a reason why Counter-Strike is one of the most played games on Steam despite Global Offensive having more or less the same gameplay from the 1999 game.

I don’t think they should include things in Diablo 4 simply because “It was in Diablo 2”, but Diablo 2 has plenty of mechanics that can work in 2019. It shouldn’t be ignored simply because it’s an older game.

4 Likes

What makes the new version of runes Unofficial ?

I think There is room for both D2 and D4 runeword systems… i didnt like most of the stand alone powers of runes in D2, but when mixing them they became cool.

I think Runewords should Not be endgame Items.
I think Runewords shouldn’t contain Affixes/stats, only effects, that would make them stand out as there own kind of item…

and they could make 3rd Rune Type Called something like Empower Runes.
That totally changes the effect rune.

types like
Sacrifice : Boost Effect but at life Cost
Flow : adds speed/Slow to the abillity at the cost of cooldown to the trigger
Rage : Buff x second followed by x second off debuff
Vision : Adds Aoe(or bigger AOE) Effect but with Delayed Activation.
Zealous : Multiply Effect ( Repeating every x seconds x times ) af Resource Drain

Heres 2 other Resent Runeword post…
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/d4-runewords-and-theyre-place-among-the-stars-xd
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/runewords-are-very-possible-within-the-new-system

4 Likes

Also if they need to make it more main stream, they Could make a new Npc Like ther Black smith, jeweler, mystic…

Oracle.

A member of the horadrim that in his search for knowlege learn of the powers of runewords…

The idea here is that you could go to him/her an arrange Runes you allready have, if you hit the right combination he would say something like,
“Ohh i feel power comming from this word, it would fit perfectly into a weapon” in a dark shady voice ofcouse xD haha

he could then consume the words and scratch them into your Weapen armor shield…

then maybe remove Sockets from whites and make something like Runeslots = how much Runic power the item can handel
What could help with the No Room on Daggers debate :stuck_out_tongue:

This is my opinion on it. I don’t want to see them be as overkill as D2 but I still think they are a really cool idea and add interesting currency!

Same. They should rather be special and game changing. Not stat boosters like in D2. And with the condition and effect system, they are already heading in the right direction

1 Like

Still, their builds consist of more than mainstat and green arrows for attack, defense and crit v:

1 Like

Matters not in the end if the builds are the same. Considering that is a favorite argument that D3 blows because everyone just uses the same build for the season.

there are no real builds in D3 xD
there are sets. and those sets will tell you, which skills to use, hahahahaha

3 Likes