From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

You know what I am going to go full out on this. Unfortunately, the balancing approach followed by the development team has put the playarbase in such a state that it crippled any form of positive feedback.

Bear with me, whenever someone pushes with barbarian class in PTRs and accomplishes a high clear, the particular build receives a form of nerf. And people give feedbacks with math, logic and number. However, it always fall on deaf ears.

Your community is afraid to give any feedback about barbarian class as a result of this wrong approach.

They are afraid that if they push or do a high clear, their builds may be weakened. This has always been the case in many PTRs. Mortics fiasco, 2.6.1 WW fiasco, and now this. Just because some players pushed it. Don’t they see: No one is going to give any feedback in any PTR. Or the only feedback will be by those who want nerfs to other classes except their favourites.

Why it is so difficult to limit the power potential of the PTR testers. Limit them to 800 paragon and 100 gems and 100 caldessans. Balance considering top clears is wrong for 99% of the playerbase and may only be close to correct for 1% playerbase. Control the parameters of each PTR tester in order to match 99% of your playerbase. Not just the 1% only. That is if you want logical observations and results.

Now before any fans jump and claim that we may not exactly know how they may be balancing this game, refer to this:

10 Likes

It’s pretty funny that most streamers I saw on the PTR explicitly said “this rend buff is too strong, it will probably get tuned down” yet there is still a massive outrage when it does get tuned down. Are barbs that out of touch with reality?

Ambo’s pride + lamentation 2 stacks is still a big damage boost, for arguably one of the laziest builds in the game.

Now my first character was a barb so I would luv it if barbs got more power, but if “spin to win” was on the same level as macrofest wizards that would simply be unfair.

1 Like

Yeah because streamers know everything in this game inside and outside. lol I like you. If your argument starts with most streamers, you are already at a loss.

4 Likes

Shame that most of the bigger streamers aren’t particularly numbers savvy, save for probably Fluffy, but his expertise lies almost exclusively with Necro.

The notion that Barb was going to slay, despite the Lamentation nerf, was laughable at best.

5 Likes

I am not mad, nor upset. Just sad. That said, i’m still going to play WW/R barb in S19 to see how it performs, and also to complement what crusader lacks. I have enough of int/dex classes. Time to push STR. Thank you for your work and i pray you have “nerves of steel” to deal with dev team and all the mess they sometimes make. I experienced similar situations at work so i understand how it must feel.

Again with this stupid “easy builds should not be the most powerful” argument

Let’s talk on your terms, shall we? How about Blizzard giving barbarian a difficult to play build which does not revolve on headbutting a wall to clear higher, eh? You see the level of stupidity? That’s where this dev team brought an iconic class to the series -one that they chose to continue on D4-.

8 Likes

You committed to buying it already within minutes of it being revealed:

People who make money playing the game probably know the game better than people who simply complain about the game on forums.

I feel that the Dev’s goal is to keep Barb as an underdog to most classes.

I know that not all players visit this forum, but you, who read this, please
DO NOT BE a SLAVE for Meta so don’t support it as a zBarb.

Thank you.

PS I’ve lost my desire to play season or D3 at all now.

4 Likes

“tuned down”? Not, it wasn’t tuned down. I was nerfed to oblivion, again. Reduce the damage by 67% isn’t a turn down, it’s cripple. They crippled the build and the Barb class, again.

7 Likes

If you tried to be more wrong than this on purpose, you would fail

1 Like

It’s a pretty simple equation. More difficulty equals more rewards. It’s pretty much how everything in life works.

I agree that head butting a wall is a pretty crappy mechanic, (and frankly seems like an exploit) I also don’t enjoy managing stacks and only putting out damage during a short window 25% of the time. This is why I don’t bother playing RK HOTA. But it’s because of that I understand why its the best barb build, due to the difficulty.

We must separate -and point out- difficulty///clunkyness. As you said, an exploit, because it was not intended. The fact that Blizzard did not patch it is because they know the abyss they would create by doing so, and honestly, they don’t have an idea how to fix it

1 Like

That response is insulting to say the least. “We may have overshot it”???

If that’s the best we get then I’m done. Knocking the builds damge off 67% is a huge nerf when you remove its 1 and only multiplier. How about keeping it in and see how it performs, then go from there, this is just morticks 2.0. Gonna be 3 years before it gets re-added? Wait so long that its no longer relevant and then squeeze it in like it’s some gift?

If that’s the case then I’m out, no fun to be had when all the devs can do is mock barbs at every turn.

7 Likes

Problem is new ERA. They can’t nerf after season and have to nerf before new ERA start.
But overnerf to 0% is not neccessary, with 100% could not be a problem with new ERA.

1 Like

Sad…

I’m not sure if the right information is being passed from the community to developers or the developers are just straight up ignoring the facts.

145 GR was possible with full 150 Gem Augments and 10,000 Paragon Levels. For Wizard with the same specs and no 150 GR cap they’d be pushing 175 rifts lmao and 145 GR Barb on a perfect day gets nerfed to the ground lmao.

4 Likes
  1. It never went live so its not a nerf
  2. Wastes set will now get 2 free rends, every second, that are buffed by each of the 3 set bonuses (500%, 3x damage, 10000%)

I would say that’s a pretty big buff for WW build. Furthermore, the 200% rend would have made the build completely about maxing rend damage, with most people opting to drop skull grasp. Imagine the insanity of running a WW set that wasn’t even about WW!

Overall I see this as making a non-optimal build on-par with the best builds for the class as a whole. Granted, it’s not a giant leap for the class overall, but at least it allows for more build diversity at the top end.

2 Likes

Well that is what you get when you put an inexperienced dev on the game. You would think that finetuning would be a good to get some real experience, but no undo the item is much easier. It’s sad we don’t have a good one working on D3 now.

4 Likes

I have two guesses: 1- they simply favor other classes (as wizards and necros), which is highly absurd due to Barbarian history in Diablo, and the other, more reasonable, is their pride and stubbornness. They act like is a demerit to implement a change created by the community, so they want to force their decision above all, even when it’s not the best call.

The best they can do now would be adding a mod support, so the community would create an unofficial patch that would bring this game to a much better and enjoyable experience

8 Likes

65 Likes