Forum Feature Changes: Ignore and Trust Level Groups

This has been coming for a bit, but was rolled out last week I think. Discourse had a Ignore feature but it had to be assigned to individual groups. That was finally implimented recently.

Previosly you could mute the little notifications you get by your avatar, but not actually IGNORE a user.

To Ignore people click the icon of the poster and go to their Activity. Where it says “Normal”, change it to Ignore and set the time duration. This greys out their posts.

If they have Activity turned off, can still Ignore them by going to YOUR forum profile and Preferences > Users. You can manage your forum Ignore list there. To add a user enter the battletag-number and then save/ok/whatever the last one is.

For WoW forums the manual entry is charname-server.

WoW thread with some pics.

Trust Level Groups:

You can see that now from your forum Activity Page.

Basic = TL1
Member = TL2
Regular = TL 3

I think. I need to do some more verifying but I think that is what those equate to. Edit - you can only view your own trust level unless you do the .json file view.

Imgur

5 Likes

That could be really useful. I have seen some really bad posts on here and was very surprised that they were not removed or at least greyed/collapsed so people dont have to see them unless they click on an icon that would allow the player to read the post.

This link still seems to work to see TL3 and presumably others by changing the link with the correct number

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/g/trust_level_3?desc=true&order=added_at

I’m surprised by the names that they gave to each trust level group.

Those are super default names for forum groups. Like, 20 year old names. They came with the Discourse software I suspect.

1 Like

Ha! There must be some kind of mistake, it says I am a Regular kind of guy and I never new it or even tried for it! LoL
I guess all those Flags I threw down counted for something! :smirk: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Not worth it, only allows you to ignore users for a max of a couple months.

I prefer the old proven function of Adblock Plus that completely REMOVES their posts/threads as if they were never posted, not just “greys them out”.

It’s not like I’ll suddenly develop the urge to look at their stupidity later.

1 Like

Flagging posts is not part of the Trust system. Falsely flagging things can actually result in a forum suspension if you are using it to abuse the system.

I agree, but at least we have Ignore now. We have been asking since they first rolled out this forum software with Overwatch.

It is a step in the right direction, in my opinion.

4 months, yes. Useless.

Also, it still shows one row where the reply is hidden (like anyone would want to view it).

And quoted stuff is also showed.

So, Adblock is still superior in any way.

1 Like

I knew that I was just kidding, I would never abuse the system by throwing a Flag down unless they really need it and that was a lot anyway :wink:.
It must of been all the :100:s of :heart:s I gave to people I even gave some to you. :heart_eyes:

PS: Can I give my TL3 to Meteorblade? He deserves it and would use it way more than I ever will. That is just goofy that he doesn’t have it. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I am sorry, but no. If Nevalistis decides he should have it, then maybe, but she tends to focus on folks who write guides and game assistance. The tech support/ info folks are mine.

No he doesn’t. He routinely trolls and harasses people with flowery language, acting like he owns the place and trying his best not to get flagged. Too bad for him the powers that be decided the flags were legit, which is why he lost his TL3 in the first place.

2 Likes

Oh darn, he is way more active then me on the Forums. He is always helping folks here and on the European Forums, giving advise, encouragement and stuff like that, I do hope Nevalistis gives Meteorblade a good look to upgrade his Trust to TL3.

Looks like they broke Change Avatar, at least on the Safari browser. Will check firefox next.

Edit: Works in Firefox. Now works in Safari after trying it in Firefox. Guess it wouldn’t work until it was triggered at least once in a browser that would work. Shouldn’t work like that but hey, I’m too tired/depressed to even care to try and figure that one out. :stuck_out_tongue:

I haven’t seen any such behavior from him. Are you sure this isn’t just your personal animosity towards him?

Thank you so much for the info!
Too bad there is no “forever” choice so Micro will pop up again in 4 months. :frowning:

1 Like

Ignoring a user will hide their posts but NOT their topics although it says so.

Because you’re not the one he’s doing it to.

Seems to be right…

My EU activity page shows me with Regular, where I have TL3.
My US activity page shows me with Member, where I have TL2.

As for the ignore feature, we can block individual users but for a maximum of four months after which they’re automatically unblocked. It’s disappointing that there isn’t a duration of “Forever” in the drop-down.

[ EDIT ]
By the way, I’d really appreciate it if people stopped advocating on my behalf. I neither want or deserve any special privileges so if you could just drop it, that’d be super.

1 Like

Unfortunately… you can only ignore them for upto 4 months… The ignore will be automatically removed once the ignore duration has elapsed. :frowning:

Well, given the forum’s software is named Discourse, it would seem their prevailing mentality in designing the software is conversation. Naturally, ignoring someone forever eliminates conversation. So it would appear that this is actively discouraged by way of the ignore time limits.

At least that’s the best guess I can come up with as to why it is the way it is.