Click on the Users category

In the Ignored section click on +Add…

Add the user’s name and click on the drop-down menu for the Duration

This list now includes options for Six Months, One Year and Forever

https://i.imgur.com/Zj0LbsQ.jpg

12 Likes

Well that’s a welcoming update.

1 Like

I like the Adblock option better because it hides both threads and posts as if they were never posted.

Whereas this doesn’t hide anything except the body of the posts.

Too many of the thread titles around here tend to cause slow but painful brain death.

3 Likes

Should gander at the bug threads…will send it over the edge.

thanks, i can ignore Kirottu now :smile:

Go right ahead, at least I no longer have to suffer from your constant trolling.

Thanks for the information. I know that we can ignore posters here but I don’t know that they made a change that allow you to permanent ignoring their existence, which is a great move.

TYVM for the update, now I can block the handful of the goofy trolls who showed up shortly after Blizzcon, with all of the D2 worship nonsense.

2 Likes

Ignore was added in a forum update for ALL the forums in March. I made a thread about it at the time with links to the WoW forums that had some screen shots. There are two ways to do it. One via your own preferences, and one from the avatar on the posting thread. It does work on the Classic WoW forums too. Just be sure to ignore the posting char there you want to ignore.

The latest update added the longer and perm duration on the ignore. Very nice.

good to know, nice feature. :love_you_gesture:

Doesn’t hide their threads, so it’s worthless. Adblock wipes them completely from existence.

Yep, completely removes them like they never existed. Also hides their threads from showing up on the front page.

indeed, a feature i asked for years and for wich i was flamed to hell for it… :wink: :statue_of_liberty:

The old forums had an ignore feature for years. The new forums, just over a year old, got the option to do ignores (for up to four months) a couple of months ago, and then about a week ago they got the option to do ignores forever. That means in the last few years there were maybe about 10 months when ignores weren’t available.

So, which years? (Are you going to claim 2019 and 2020, as a technicality?)

1 Like

i claim the years, where;
-cookie management, or,
-a posters ‘programming solution’…

were needed to get, what i asked for and what we get now:
-an in-forum perma-ignore function. :statue_of_liberty:

The old forums had an inbuilt ignore function for years.
No cookies / programming was required.

1 Like

If you are using a modern browser such as Chrome or Firefox, you can use an extension such as Stylebot and accomplish this easily on the new forums as well like this:

article[data-user-id="SOME_USER_ID1"], 
article[data-user-id="SOME_USER_ID2"] {
  display: none;
}

And continue to add more as you see fit. You can find the user ids by right-clicking someones name/avatar and inspecting the element/viewing the source of the page. Look a little above the avatar/name div’s and you should see an ‘article’ element which will contain the user id in the ‘data-user-id’ attribute of the tag.

Makes completely removing nonsense by people you dislike easy.

but you didn’t get, what we have now and what i proposed. :statue_of_liberty:

sure, but not needed anymore. :wink: