Devs confirm personal loot ladder and classic ladder or this game is DOA

The game simply isn’t meant for you. That’s ok. Some games aren’t meant for everyone. This isn’t candy crush and Fortnite.

19 Likes

Ppl keep assuming everyone plays online. There’s so so so many ppl that only play solo offline. Trading isn’t an option.

4 Likes

This statement seems overly broad and easily invalidated. Many gamers prefer FFA only while many prefer personal loot. From the aRPG developers currently, personal loot is favored.

Personal loot and drop rate are independent factors as you accurately noted in the next part as the D3 has always had personal loot, while the drop rates were super low (you state “100 Diabloruns and still not a single legendary”).

So what was the reason for the increased drop rate? Fundamentally, it boiled down to the constant conflict between serious and megaserious gamers. For megaserious gamer, they play more and more likely to get end game items over less days because they play more hours per day. This leads them to request for more items of increased rarity to continue the loot hunt. Upon addition of these more rare items, serious games want access to these and will request an increase and drop rate that they often get, starting the cycle again.

To my knowledge, I have not seen anyone claim that D3 does not have bots. This is the fact even though D3 has personal loot and moved from free trade to exceptionally limited trade. Players bot in D3 mainly for items, keys, and paragon levels.

This is a mischaracterization.
In D3 botting exists largely due to:

1. More Loot
  2. More paragon levels

Since D3 has personal loot and legendary item trade restrictions, botting to get items for trading or real money transactions is rather minor (bordering on largely non-existent).

In D2, botting gets you:

1. More loot
  2. More levels (to the 99 cap)
  3. More items to trade (and real money transactions)

Both loot systems are slot machines. The more you play, the more lever pulls you get and the more items that you receive. If the current D2 drop and loot system is perfectly balanced and we know that botting/item duping in D2 is rampant, then we must conclude that the loot system without botting and duping is not perfectly balanced.

That may be true for some players, for other they will be more motivated to play the game.

Every game has bad apples, including D2 and D3. D2 had griefers and ninja looters. For all of D3 faults, these two types of misbehavior were less common/absent.

This is a matter of opinion. Almost all players that I know want a shared stash. Therefore, to claim that D2 is perfect seems overly generous.

4 Likes

thank god you made this thread Ionz22, blizzard just had a board meeting after your post, and are doing exactly what you want, they NEED you to play d4.

and your threats of Refunding the game unless blizzard does exactly what you want, has really worked, in-fact they are so impressed with your negotiation, diplomacy skills and ability to make the right choices for D2R, you are going to be promoted to lead manager, on the D2R project.

where should they email the contract?

8 Likes

Stop lying to people omfg the biggest lie in D2 is farming legit!

I played D2 way more then most of you could ever dream and its clear if you do not bot you will never ever find anything! This was clear as day when i was trading with people back in the day you had two camps.

First camp people who botted and duped we had everything or near everything

everyone else looking for scraps and praying they get a lucky drop giving basic items away like sojs low end rune words made people FAP for days…

but real D2 LOD players played Ladder to farm the ladder items but went back to non ladder because of all the non nerfed ladder items you know Like V.08 Archon valor… had way to much vit but please tell me how fair and legit this game is lol

personal loot replaces all the bot loot and all the duped loot we have been used to for years

stop lying to people about farming in this game! You know the first two weeks will be flooded with i did 1000 X runs and found nothing because thats how it is and you know or your blinded by the fact you have bots!

A merc tab would be a tab that all your toons could use like you hire X merc on your sorc your alts would be able to use baring they are the same level and have completed nightmare/hell. Also access to your mercs inventory at all times.

you also fail to realize that giving both parties what they want is perfectly ok… If a group of players say 75% or more play on a QOL and personal loot ladder why do you care? also the ladder season is 3 months with out personal loot good luck finding anything. Will be seeing you in season 3 ladder reset

also leeching this is kinda a lie as well seeing how going from 1-80 takes what 4-6 hours? less if you have premades ? so what happens now huh lets go i wanna hear this crock of bs

game starts fast forward 6 hours ok were all 80+ who leeched no one? maybe a barb or zon? or a melee paladin who had auras that carried us from start to finish? i hit level 18 time to teleport the game… ok so anyway were level 75-80 now… now what now what we all got drops from the runs we just did ok? personal loot across the board now what do we do? keep doing baal runs because of phat loot? why would we go into private solo emo games when we can just power farm together?

also to the person who doesnt think Project D2 is better then 1.14 has never played project diablo it is a newer mod on season two and yes its superior in every way shape and form IT HAS MAPS YOU lose

Adding end game content is simple JFC you people really are stuck in the stone age lol

Hell X2 Hell X3 Deal with people being 99 boohoo it takes 4-6 horus to get 80+ wahhh wahhh wahhh grinding.

you have harder scaling game modes omfg so hard

your items start to roll better stats like the shako you find on hell x3 is going to be a different color and +4 skills and 100 MF and maybe Faster cast rate and all res the system isnt broken just the drop rates and the anti social behavior its so hard ot think how it would work derp my lord

stop lying about drop rates in d2 1.14
Bots and dupes get replaced with personal loot you know legit loot
your going to be 70+ in like 4-6 hours instead of farming alone solo emo time you can hang with your friends

2 Likes

I agree that threats to refund the game will have little impact on Blizzard D2R design decisions; however, this is not the first of these types of threads. Here is one from a week ago requesting largely status quo.

How many of you will refund? - Diablo II: Resurrected / General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

3 Likes

yeah I had seen that one too, and like i said to that guy, most people wont refund regardless of the threats.

2 Likes

Ladies and Gentlemen. Let me introduce you the “majority” of the d2 experts who are demanding changes to a game what is still alive after 20 years.

14 Likes

Yes the game is “alive” but if it was not a blizzard tittle where they have access to cash, there wouldn’t be any servers left to play on.

Given that ladder season will be shorter and botting/duping reduced, I suspect at some point Blizzard will re-evaluate drop rates. They may not change them but at least think about it.

Assuming:
1 rune in 3 runs in a Zod droppable area
Each run is 2 minutes
Each Zod drop is 1 in 5171 among all runes

50% of players will not have a Zod drop after 358 hours ( = 9 weeks @ ~40 hours per week)

25% of players will not have a Zod drop after 716 hours ( = 18 weeks at ~40 hours per week)

10% of players will not have a Zod drop after 1,190 hours ( = 29 weeks at ~40 hours per week)

2% of players will not have a Zod drop after 2,023 hours ( = 51 weeks at ~40 hours per week)

2 Likes

Where are you getting these numbers?

Are they really friends?

This says it all. Thanks for playing.

I can’t agree more. Very accurate statement.

3 Likes

Pls after i have 8 lvl 99 char dont try to tell me what is keeping d2 alive :wink: Not to mention that “i mostly played solo” “i mostly played with friends” “hell is too difficult for me” or “if you do not bot you will never ever find anything!” causals trying to change the game. With mod support all of you noobs can dumb down the game how you want. Nobody is going to stop you.

9 Likes

You only leveled 8 characters to 99?

Since Blizzard allowed modding, D2 in some shape or form would still exist to this day even if Blizzard turned off the server. I would argue that modding has helped keep the game alive.

This leads to another question:
Is being alive/survival a good enough metric when considering optional changes in D2R?

There is a post-Blizzconoline report stating that Blizzard is concerned that keeping the game authentic to D2 will ruin the game for new players who are not used to its old mechanics. This is a problem in that how do you balance status quo versus new players.

Yes. “Only” 8. As a “mainly pvp and non ladder player” you sure know alot of the game. Sry dude it was a rly weak bait. You need to do it much harder.

1 Like

I as well mainly pvp but on ladder. Non ladder characters all sat there to rot.

Good for you. Pvp also not going anywhere. Together with FFA loot.

2 Likes

People who claim farming legit is how you play D2 have clearly never played D2.

Youtube is full of people who do videos like “I did 1000 Andariel runs and here’s what I found”, and then their loot is mostly garbage. So what’s the next step?

You go on third party websites, sell the bad loot, and buy one good item.

Don’t act like RMT and third party websites are not a core part of how D2 is played. If you take away the bots and RMT, nothing will be left.

Personal loot will ensure a thriving economy. Not destroy it.

1 Like

Well not everybody needs bots to farm. Sry if your only way is bot using. This already proves that you are a noob.

Yes. Mostly. And what i care what is NOT garbage.

For amatuers like you sure this is the only way.

So if personal loot comes then people are not going to sell and buy items at RMT sites? Ok. More and more experts.

Personal loot ensure leecher heaven. But the loot stays FFA anyway so to much drama from the casuals.

9 Likes

Thee are both legit and non-legitimate D2 players. I think the issue with drop rates/item rarity is something that may need to be addressed as botting/duping leads to more supply of items. The trade economy in D2R with reduced botting/duping will be far different.

Although I favor the option of personal loot, it does not ensure a thriving economy. I have argued that it may make a more robust economy, but the effect of the loot system is likely dwarfed by the issues of botting/duping/RMT.