Channeling Damage Bugs

Arcane Torrent is adding more damage than Ray of Frost or Disintegrate when used with Deathwish and Etched Sigil. Also channeling buffs aren’t being dropped right away, but this might be a good thing for all channeling builds.

After further testing we figured out that Arcane Torrent double dips the channeling bonuses. It gains the channeling bonuses right away like before the patch, then gains it again 1 second later.

18 Likes

Can confirm that Etched Sigil and Deathwish are bugged. All Arcane Torrent Runes DOUBLE DIP on those two multipliers.

Disregard all Wizard clears with Arcane Torrent equipped right now.

13 Likes

Tested etched sigil/deathwish/mantle of channeling. Arcane Torrent (all rune except death blossom) double dip those bonuses

8 Likes

Tested and confirmed the same. Appears the Arcane torrent skill ramp up is triggering the channeling multipliers twice, as in, for deathwish: 4.25* 4.25 multiplier.

Could be timed with the skill damage ramp up, or that the channeling bonuses are just triggering once after one second, and a second time after two seconds duration. I did not look close enough.

Confirmed separately:

• Deathwish, Etched Sigil, Mantle of Channeling.
9 Likes

I can say yes to this too. Was doing a G116 i still struggle with on live server but did it now on ptr with 5 min left on time. When i used Arcane Torrent i had crits as high as 700 T with a Tal mage below paragon 2000. But when i used Ray of Frost the dmg was normal again.