Topic Deleted **********

I meant the Lod version. the new set is really bad because the heads are always dying even with shields as you mentioned. Thats why it cant be be played properly with chanelling skills which have a high multiplier.

Lod setup on the other hand have much benifits and dont have dying heads. I havent tested it yet just read it so far. You can see the video of the italian guy.

1 Like

Chantodo went on 2 seasons. I didn’t like the fact that it was “the” build to play so that you end up with the leaderboard nothing but chantado. When any class only has one build active, its mean wiz turns into a boring season, everyone playing the same. Don’t argue you could play something else, because nothing else really competed. So it got to be that you have 2 wiz’s in 4 player, it was build that got too much action. Blizzard nerfed it, now we have hydra and there will be LoD build, set build, whatever hybrid will be there. But to demand that Blizzard leave it forever as it was, oh please. This game is about the challenge to try multiple builds and classes to see what works great, not repetition to death. Perhaps some variation will eventually be allowed in the future, but multiple player GR game should be open to all classes not make all about one class and one particular build. Take it easy and good luck in S20.

1 Like

Well now there is lod hydra clearing 150, chantodo pre nerfed was 146 at best. barb is 146 at the moment. For high rifts lod hydra is much stronger than chantodo ever was. For speeds chantodo will be better than the hydra specc because it is kinda slow compared to chantodo. But i mean no one will force you to play chantodo if it is 3-4 gr stronger than now, or will you be forced ? it was a nerf by 58% in damage not a world changer i get it. But why Chantodo wizzard shouldnt be in the region of barbs rend speed build? Why wizzard only speed built which is chantodo vyr, should be so much weaker than barb and even monk? You get it? Your claim is just selfish. You have to play rend ww barb according to your logic, because it is even better than old chantodo. Is it ok for you to be “forced” to play barb now ?

Your claim is just selfish and ignorant. You are basicly saying " because i dont like to play chantodo vyr it should be weak for everyone who want to play this build" You see the flaws in your argumentation?

But i wish you a good and nice season too and a nice day. sometimes i can become to emotional but it is never personal :wink:

1 Like

I chuckled when you said forced to play barb now. Yes there will be some tweaking of hydra, thats what the ptr is about. I already reported a bug playing it. The simple fact is that each season Blizzard elects to change what effects the multi-player GR games, solos and so on. Chantado nerf was a obvious edict from Blizzard that they were after shaking the game up. Thats what I am used to after 19 seasons. If something goes away I try something different. Usually playing several builds, helps to remedy bad drops where one never works out. You know this game it hates you or loves you. Same with the beefed up gear/builds or stuff that get nerfed. In the end I hope they throw you a bone. :wink:

1 Like

Good that you chuckled there.
Thank you for participating in the bugfix and adjustment procces of the game. Whenever blizzard throw me a bone i will be a happy dogo and stop to bark. But they apperantly took my bone away and gave an other dogo a bone of the same size : :disappointed_relieved: :cry:

3 Likes

Slow down guys, it’s a bug: Channeling Damage Bugs

When using Arcane Torrent, you appear to double-dip on the Deathwish and Etched Sigil bonuses. The Deathwish/Etched Sigil bonuses get applied, then applied again multiplicatively. It doesn’t happen with Disintegrate or Ray of Frost.

There seems to have been a bug with the Etched Sigil/Deathwish fix in relation to Arcane Torrent.

So the build is gaining an extra 10x multiplier it shouldn’t have.

9 Likes

extra 10 multiplier :scream: :scream:
This means that hydra is basicly trash tier? nerfing the damage by 1000% will nerf the build by ~14 gr result in ~ 137 thats kinda weak?
Are you sure it is 1000% ?

2 Likes

You would think that anyone with basic critical thinking skills would look at the build and say “Wait, why did they run arcane torrent instead of a multiplier?” and put two and two together. Christ, this community sometimes.

2 Likes

325% Deathwish x 150% Etched Sigil = 4.25*2.5 = 10.625x multiplier.

Note that the 150 clear in the video started on a bad map, so it’s probably going to drop all the way down the full 14 GRs.

Also, I wouldn’t call 137 solo a trash tier clear.

1 Like

I don’t think you are properly understanding what is happening.

The build was always going to run Arcane Torrent (or another channeling skill, but Arcane Torrent has the Flame Ward rune for extra DR). The Deathwish and Etched Sigil multipliers are just too good to pass on.

The bug is that they are being applied twice, multiplicatively.

1 Like

I would wager a good chunk of money that LoD Hydra with that bug would clear nearly a 155-160 with a perfect map
Fixing the bug will knock it down to 140-145 max

2 Likes

I understand what the bug is. My point was that there are other channeling skills that give damage multipliers internally with their own runes. Therefore, for someone to clear a 150 without using a channeling skill with a bonus (like ray of frost or disintegrate) indicates something wrong that isn’t an intended game mechanic. If people stopped to consider that, it’d make a lot more sense than just “LOL HYDRA BROKEN”

1 Like

You’re entire point is flawed from the basic premise that the damage from the runes matter at all. They do literally .0000000000000000001% of total damage regardless of what rune you choose. As far as Arcane Torrent, it is by far the best channeling skill and has been for a very long time. Therefore it was fine for people to assume “LOL HYDRA BROKEN” because it’s 95% always been Arcane Torrent.

Especially since AT:FW gives 25% damage reduction.

1 Like

Doubt they saw the LoD interaction with Sparker and Magistrate.

1 Like

In what way? Blizzard does think about LoD interactions with new legendary items. If you aren’t caught up here is some information for ya,

Deathwish and Etched Sigil currently grant around 10.6x normal damage due to a bug. Arcane Torrent is double dipping from these two items to make your abilities deal so much more damage than it should.

1 Like

Oh, so its a bug? Did look easy, since you can’t even pull much with Magistrate’s nova CC.

1 Like

edit. just noticed i wrote the exact same thing.

1 Like

I hope than it is more in the 145 than in the 140. 140 would make the build even weaker than the current nerfed chantodo( ~142), which is more mobile than the LOD-Hydra build. 140 for paragon 10k is a bit at the weaker end compared to other classes.

1 Like

If you’re going to make this argument (which is erroneous to begin with, as ray of frost will be optimal once bugfix occurs), then you have to ask the question “Ok if those little differences don’t matter, then WHY does LoD perform so much better than the set?” which goes back to my original point. People just saying oh LoD is just clearly better because uhhh it must be the legendary passives don’t actually stop and think about how a build can suddenly be 150 material out of nowhere.

1 Like

What? Like, seriously?

1. You said runes damage matters in regards to channeling abilities (Like Ray of Frost). This is completely, 100% false in regards to damage output for an actual build like Hydra. I was correcting that for you.
  2. Ray of Frost won’t be optimal because of two reasons
    a) It has worse attack speed breakpoints than Arcane Torrent. Meaning it requires more attack speed to attack the same amount of times
    b) It doesn’t have a 25% damage reduction modifier tacked onto it like AT:FW
  3. LoD performs much better than the set because it has more elemental modifiers, it can use more items that give more damage & it doesn’t have to deal with the loss of heads from the Hydra. So overall, it’s more fluid and deals more damage.
1 Like