8568 Paragon Wizard clears 150 GR and it's fine

If we compare wizard and barbarian new sets, barbarian new set is totally useless for me. I agree OP that they must buff it.

1 Like

The build is bugged and already been acknowledged. Even if it were not bugged, a build that is clearing GR 150 on the PTR will obviously be nerfed. There is not much to discuss.

Clearing GR 140 on the PTR where the top potential of the build is contentious (and that most likely would have translated into GR 147-148 on live in hindsight) is worthy of discussion in consideration of the nerfs to both wizards and necromancers.

1 Like

What made you think that this Wizard will make it to the real game?

2 Likes

It won’t. The build clearly would never make it to live (even if it were not bug in the first place). There is no need to even discuss this.

2 Likes

I swear, it’s like people don’t read any other thread around here. We need to have like an announcement popup that says this before anyone can post about wizards lol.

2 Likes

It is already acknowledged that channeling items are bugged, they double dip which gives approximately 12 GR levels extra. Deathwish, etched and mantle get twice their multipliers (x4.25x4.25 for deathwish for example).

Source: Channeling Damage Bugs - #2 by sVr-21743

4 Likes

So you’re basically being petty on the fact that no one is asking for a wizard nerf as they did for barb? Also, it is LoD that made the clear not the set, so why nerf the set?

If anything, they should BUFF the set in order to exceed LoD. No reason spending all that time making a set that no one is gonna use. The set is super underwhelming right now. Also people need to stop crying for nerf it’s extremely annoying :weary:

2 Likes

Wow, good thing that is on PTR about that glitch with ES and still has a chance to be changed.

As to screaming at a nerf for the set, wasn’t that a LoD Hydra build?

3 Likes

Confirmed bug and will be dealt with accordingly (hopefully). But I guess people are against barbs? Maybe, your brain seems to be as mush as the actual barbs’ you roleplay.

LVL TEN THOUSAND! Ok Blidizzard time do some bot banning.

Blizzard said they balance around 5k and with some esoteric methods that they don’t want to share with mortals so :man_shrugging:

We will never know if this build is balanced or not, because they are the only ones that have the data :man_shrugging: .

If you ask me this thing would not go live, but considering that i don’t understand balance anymore… :man_shrugging: (for blizzard barbs = wd, and that is pure non sense).

Also, considering the HF nerf, barbarian WW is now the strongest build in game (not considering the new builds on ptr), so idk what are you talking about.

Your barbarian friends were happy with that blog entry about balance, and they pretty much laughed of micro and other guys that tried to balance the game, so if this build clears 150 they should be ok with it, because they don’t like nerfs lmao (or maybe they don’t like nerfs when they are for barbarians only :man_shrugging:).

The new way to balance things is a total dissaster, balancing game about 5k paragon is even worse than balance it around top ladderboards clears, because we don’t even have the numbers anymore for buffs/nerfs, so i think we have to deal with it ?.

:man_shrugging:

This new set is “New D3 balance in a nutshell”

6 Likes

Or just that you’re uninformed. Wizard is currently bugged doing around 11x more damage than it should because of a double dipping bug with Deathwish and etched sigil.

Disregard any clear from a ptr wizard at the moment

3 Likes

They said in their balance post that they balance things around 5k paragon using a pretty strange formula that they will not share with us.

So if a build is clearing 150 with 8.5k paragon, we don’t know if is balanced or not, because they balance around 5k :man_shrugging:

So it seems you’re not uninformed, just not understanding. Also they did say what the balance should be at 10kish paragon - around 141 clears.

We do know that a150 clear is out of balance. We also know that the 150 clear is completely bugged.

Disregard any wizard clear at the moment

1 Like

That was before the blog post, with the blog post they changed their vision of balance, 141 with 10k paragon was a good way to balance things, but WW build was 5 levels over balance and was not nerfed :man_shrugging:

I don’t agree with how they balance things now, but i think we have to deal with it ? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

10K paragon LOL etc. Bot/Human compilation it sounds like to me.

2 Likes

Although we do not know their method, I was able to find a method that is darn good at getting the same numbers. I took the top 20 non-season worldwide clears, subtracted 10 GRs, and had a fudge factor to reflect the difference in DPS attributed to the average paragon levels of the top 20 clears. The fudge factor was ~0.8 GR level difference between highest and lowest paragon classes.

Given this, I think the top clears are still relevant. The problem with the PTR is projecting true build potential. The current PTR wizard GR 150s is due to a bug. Even if GR 150 was clearable without the bug on the PTR, Blizzard would definitely nerf the build. A rule of thumb is that the top clears on live always exceed new builds on the PTR (assuming no changes between the two) by 4 and often more GRs.

P.S. Whatever their method is, it has a serious flaw. There is no way that a 5K witch doctor with the pandemonium buff would only clear GR 120 while in non-season would clear GR 130 as their tables reported in the game balance blog post.

3 Likes

So far I have not been able to properly understand how they are balancing.

Are they balancing the “player” or the “build”? They are two very different things.

the damage text BLN - & - MLD
is this only in the billions & Millions or am I missing something

the enemy hp is clearly in the zillions and drops but more then 100 T per hit so why in the world are the abbreviations so poorly scripted
1~3digits follow by (~) & (__) from (K)(M) (B) (T) (Z)
999~K = thousand
999~M= million
999~B = billion
999~T = trillion
999~Z = Zillion
easy to understand you don’t have to look at some microscopic numbers while playing.

Although we do not know their method, I was able to find a method that is darn good at getting the same numbers. I took the top 20 non-season worldwide clears, subtracted 10 GRs, and had a fudge factor to reflect the difference in DPS attributed to the average paragon levels of the top 20 clears. The fudge factor was ~0.8 GR level difference between highest and lowest paragon classes.

Even if you manage to reverse engineering the right way to replicate the results they used that will solve nothing. mostly because of some some factors like :

1. They don’t want to share the right formula for some reason, so any reverse engineering method will never take seriously.

2. Community manager just replied to you saying you were using the wrong methods and not giving the right formula (IMO saying someone is wrong and not giving the exact math is bad :man_shrugging:) , that argument will be used for trolls forever on you.

At this point i think there is not even a new formula for balance, all that was just random numbers that were used to avoid barbarian nerfs (probably because they don’t want more riots on forums), so our community manager is following the barb agenda (she even uses the same bad jokes that Free used about people only asking for nerfs for other clases and not their mains :man_shrugging:, even considering that is a lie).

I really think you are doing a really amazing work trying to get the “formula of balance” and fighting for balance, sadly we are low tier people on forums, mostly because tiers in forums are something like this :

Tier 1 : People has direct contact with our community manager (and boast about it) and somehow managed to impose their agenda on her.

Tier 2 : People that incite riots or break code of conduct on forums to get what they want

Tier 3 : Basically everyone that follows the rules and tries to be polite and debate with arguments.

I really don’t get neither how WD = barb on terms of balance, or how DHs and necros that are in a bad spot (using the same table they posted) are not getting any buffs in this patch :man_shrugging: (and that argument of “they don’t have time to do it” is just a bad argument, because numerical buffs is not something you have to think that much about it").

I really appreciate the hard work you are doing, but i think they will never listen you, community manager is following the barb agenda so, balance it’s pretty much condemned :man_shrugging:

Back on the hydras topic

Build atm has some bugs that are giving it more damage than intended, so i think we have to wait for a hotfix, but i still think that PTR will solve nothing, because without the right formula to calculate balance we will never know if a build is weak or op :man_shrugging:.

1 Like