The worst stats for Melee: Knockback/ the best possible stat for melee: Splash. Please blizzard add splash damage to Knockback to buff melee and nullify knockback’s drawback

Melee splash through Knockback Aka: killing 2 birds with 1 stone? Giving melee more aoe and at the same time making a mechanic very bad for melee more interesting. And all this with thematic, logic and physics

Knockback is crap for melee since it moves the monster away from your melee range but of we give the special perk of splash to Knockback it would put a solid balm on his horrible drawback. You now have the choice to play without Knockback and therefor no splash or live with the Knockback and the awesome effect it creates

#Logic and theme behind the concept:

We all agree that pushing somebody into other people transfers that energy

Following this, it would only makes sense that knock back causes the same thing and since damage is energy, the transfer of energy is damage

So it would make absolute logic that Knockback transfered damage in a semi-conical shape in the direction of the Knockback

#Things to know about Knockback

Knockback is a really despised mechanic for melee but tying a splash damage to it would make it way more interesting and wanted

It’s also a Stat you can decide to acquire or not

I would tune down the existing sources to create more insentives to stack it and make it harder to benefit from that great mechanic

There is something to know about Knockback it’s that the distance is based on the size of the target. There are 4 catergories

• small (100% distance)

• medium (50% distance)

• large (25% distance)

• immovable (0%)

Knowing that this would alter the shape of the cone

Smaller monsters would generate longer but narrower cones

Larger monsters generate larger but shorter cones

Like crushing blow, I would apply a damage penalty to bow generated splash

—————-

It would be awesome to have mechanics buff rather than just number tweaking

Skills like Bash have 100% chance to KB so it would make this skill super flavourful, it would compensate it’s boring single target and lack of effect

So you make 2 bird 1 stone, you make Turn Knockback from a negative to a positive mechanic and you help melee

TLDR: enemies in the line of the Knockback receive a fraction of that damage by getting bumped by the knocked back monsters

This wouldn’t be much of “ADDING” a mechanic but rather improving an existing one

I thought the worst stat was Fear.
Because they run off and then you have to chase them into a crowd of even more monster…

3 Likes

Can we agree they both sit on the undesirable throne?

Chance to flee doesn’t affect rare monsters afaik it at least got this for it haha

Sorry, I guess I’m just nitpicking.

1 Like

No no no you brought a good stat

Ideally fleeing monsters should be an assured hit since they aren’t trying to fight they got their back turned on you

It’s not because it is not the worst mechanic that it shouldn’t get some love it would be great to give a reason a desire to generate those mechanics

Knockback is not design for melee but for range or amazon with multi arrow

melee already have Open Wounds Crushing Blow ect…

1 Like

Flagged for spam…

3 Likes

Meanwhile

1. melee got 7 skills with built in Knockback while bow got 0

2. there’s 11 melee weapon providing kB against 5 for bows/Xbow

3. cb and open wound both works with bows

4. Projectiles tend to dissipate their energy by piercing while blunt objects to dissipate their energy by transferring it to the target which can generate forward movement

Yea you are right… Knockback isn’t designed for melee

1 Like

Knockback is useful for throwbarbs.

2 Likes

Oh yes it’s good for projectile, that’s a fact

Would be nice if it was good for its main source, melee

At least no a nuisance haha

Ps: this suggestion applies to all Knockback, not just melee

1 Like

i understand the point you try to make sadly in my opinion is wrong

[quote=“Sekscalibure-1293, post:8, topic:90261”]
melee got 7 skills with built in Knockback while bow got 0
[/quote] most skill with kb for melee is more a utility , compare for amazon is Knockback is so op , using Knockback for amazon is not always a easy choice the cost of the rune Knockback or a Shael , most of the time ias will win in pve , but in pvp Knockback is so good from the old 1.09 meta , and you have choice to make ,

there’s 11 melee weapon providing kB against 5 for bows/Xbow
[/quote] yes and is got a lot of crap weapon with all lot of useless stats in d2 lol not only with kb

cb and open wound both works with bows
[/quote]same with kb

all i can tell you from the 26 year , i play diablo 1 and 2

all my melee never focus using knockback melee have a lot of rune option effect and same for range , i`m not very hot to have a rune making 2 in 1 in my opinion ,this rune is not mainly desing for melee but for range , knockback is use to stop melee running too close the gap from range too melee , sure melee is allow to use it for pushing some enemy aways but is not effective because again is not mainly desing for melee , btw melee spash damage have nothing to do with knockback in my opinion , takecare peace :v:

1 Like

Dude learn to quote and learn to English

I can’t read half of the mumbojumbo and the other is jiberish

Not only you can’t write but you can’t read

The whole Op explains why it’s logical to tie splash to Knockback lol

2 in 1 no thank

this is not diablo 3

i guess this is easy to understand have a nice day :v:

1 Like

They should remove knockback from melee weapons, its useless. Let it be only on range weapons.

2 Likes

Don’t take knockback off, change it to a % chance to knock down.

1 Like

I don’t wanna remove Knockback , quite the opposite, I wanna make it better

But what is Knockdown? Sound just like stun to me

Haha. It pretty much is. Maybe you can make the knocked down monsters take extra damage like in D&D

1 Like

I would make Knockdown a mechanic that happens when a Knockback is rolled but the monster can’t be knocked back

Ie: roll Knockback on Andariel, since she can’t be knocked back, that extra energy is added in damage

Well it’s blatantly designed for melee and based on logic

Why remove it when you can easily improve it