Melee chars to weak (grief)

450ed on a rare weapon is max but 400-450ed drop is sooo rare that sucks. I dont want to use grief pls let rare weapons drop better. Caster always stronger give some love to melee chars pls.

Droprate:

450ed (not counting ed from sockets) 1 in 2,302,455,529
Tyreal’s Might 1 in 191,301

9 Likes

I would be interested to see the introduction of area of effect damage for for melee hits.

1 Like

That would not longer be melee.

3 Likes

Why not?

I agree but I also don’t want it to be too good that everybody has and can easily use it

Melee hits harder by nature too

I would like to see a Opt-in mechanic

But that also has a drawback

Knockback could fill that role

It would also make this melee designed mechanic a little bit less hindering for melee

It would also makes sense logic wise

It would also make Barb less of a crap starter since Bash has always knockback, meaning you would have an aoe attack from the start

450% ed is not the absolute max. You may use 2 ohm runes if it has 2os for 550% ed.

No he’s right450 is the maximum from a drop… it’s irrelevant of Ohm you can put in

He’s speaking of drops, affix generation

I mean without runes.

Chance that 450ed drops is lower than a tyraels might drop

Ive only seen 1 drop in nearly 20 years, it was a rare ghost glaive from nihlathak. Being non eth, it still had over 500 max throw damage.

You start throwing in AoE, Splash, Cleave… whatever… it is no longer melee, it becomes ‘automated’ ‘caster’.
Anyone that wants to simply wave a weapon in the sky and have monsters drop, simply needs to play a caster character.
Those that want to get up front, personal, and go toe to toe don’t want or require some “everything dies because I pushed a button” mechanic.
That already exists in game.
Let the few of us traditional melee folks play the way we want… don’t wreck it please.

Isn’t that how Paladin hammers and auras work? Or the javazon? Frenzy? Zeal? WW? They are all cleave/AoE.

3 Likes

I would consider it melee as long as it’s close range, and requires an ar hit check per target it hits. For cleaving effects, there should be an AR hit check for every target effected. If splash is coming off an attack, the splash damage should only occur if the initial hit passes the AR check and connects with the target.

Emm NO. Diablo 2 has no melee aOE at all . Wich imo is ridículous , each class should have build up cleave in specific skills.

WW should be real aoe and NOT a fast individual 1 monster hit . It makes NO sense. That alone would buff 2handers a bit (but they would still need gigantic changes to ve viable ) and melee .

The pally could get some aoe damage from the pathetic vengeance (elemental )

Bears could swipe …

Sin finishers making explosion … Etc.

Build in cleave in skills .

Honestly they should rework the pally elemental auras to give melee splash rather than that ridiculous aoe that clears screens while you’re afk. The game doesn’t lack caster builds but melee builds have grown pretty stale over the years.

No it would not.

450ed (not counting ed from sockets) 1 in 2,302,455,529
Tyreal’s Might 1 in 191,301

I’d say your correct XD

There we go, next month the barb needs to have a ranged AoE attack that deals fire damage and is not called Fireball (for balance issues they do need to be equally powerful).
They all need to be equal everywhere, so lets do it like all the other games, 7 classes which the same skills, just different visuals and names.

On the no melee AoE at all the Barbarian Leap Attack and Assassin Dragon Tail would count as melee attack and be an AoE, but yeah mostly true.
Don’t see why it’s ridiculous though, melee would need some work as it got left behind, but having a barbarians attacks resonate in an AoE blast is not the work it needs, enough games that have that stuff.

1 Like

I think barbs could have a cleaving attack for bash or berserk. Something like can hit up to 2 targets adjacent to your target, those would go through an AR check as well.

If you dont want to, dont use it… If you cant make a melee character good with out it, youre the bigger problem :smiley:

So Smiter isn’t a melee?

It’s overpowered. It bypasses the defences that’s meant to keep melee attacks in check.

That wasn’t what I asked. :slight_smile: