The game needs a better way to trade in addition to the current way. Lurking in the game lobby looking for trade games and creating “X for Y” games gets old. I’d love to have a way to easily browse several trade posts or create my own.
Here’s a rough idea on how it would work:
- The seller post item(s) with a brief message (iso X items). The post lasts 7 days.
- Anyone can offer item(s) to the seller.
- All items from the seller and any offers are put in a ‘hold’.
- Seller pays a gold fee to avoid people posting dumb offers like cracked sashes and to give gold a bit more value.
- The seller and potential offers can cancel at any time and get their items back, but the sellers gold is not returned.
- The seller can accept any one offer and at any time, they don’t have to wait the full 7 days. Once the trade is completed, the items are swapped. Any other offers are returned.
- Perhaps a limit on the maximum amount of active posts to deter “day traders”.
If some sort of trading platform is not added, then trading websites like D2JSP and other 3rd party selling websites will continue to proliferate.
I know that the D3 RMAH failure has a lot of people cautious about the idea, but keep in mind that the RMAH involved real money, this trading post idea does not.
What do you think?