Max Characters Reached. How to get more space?

Buy another account for mules…

If I have a second account I would have to switch accounts on Battle.net launcher first then launch the game? Sounds like a big pain just to have more space. Just trying to figure out what my options are. Thanks

2 Likes

I know. Not at all ideal (not to mention an expensive solution) Just have to hope Blizz comes to their senses, and provide more space down the line, altho, it could take a while, as they have more serious troubles on their hands right now.

so literally that’s the only way to do it? I’d have to switch accounts on the launcher then launch the game from that new account? Transferring would be nearly impossible. Damn

Apparently, you can get more space by pressing the red ‘X’ button.
Lots of people are doing it, so it must be the thing to do, right?

3 Likes

This is good advice in a normal, D2-ladder like economy. One thing I’m seeing, however, is the “market” for secondary items (non-BiS) is dead, dead, dead. Normally, I’d have no trouble trading pgems, eth CVs, 4/5 socket flails, etc. In D2R’s economy, trading things like these for Puls, et al, takes days if they even trade at all.

Something’s not quite right here, so I’m wondering about player numbers, and how this changes the definition of junk

Which would make an in-game trading post a great addition to the game, as one could input search terms for “item”, and see what people are offering “item” for or what item(s) they are offering for “item”.

2 Likes

Yeah, you will need a really good friend or family member, to trust they don’t run away with your stuff while switching accounts. As said, far from ideal and personally I wouldn’t invest the money in a second account. It is easy to acquire items again when (if) they add more space.

1 Like

Genius. Man, I’d love to see something like this in the game. It’s a QoL improvement that doesn’t impact game play at all - other than saving me a hell of a lot of time screwing around with mules and inefficiently chasing/hosting trade games.

Just because some players feel “D2 is sacred, so it can’t be changed,” adding a feature like this doesn’t impact game play at all. But it does definitely change “meta-game play” a lot - those precious minutes/hours I’m spending in-game but not actually playing the game.

3 Likes

Create a second Blizzard Account and buy another copy of D2R.

You just have to be pickier about what you keep. Hoarders like me spend as much time doing inventory management as we do playing the game.

I’ll suggest one principle to help, though you might already do it…

Create ONE set of leveling gear that all classes can use. For instance, I have 3 socket spears socketed with gems of each level (avoiding cold so it won’t mess with classes that use corpses, making me more group friendly in multiplayer games). I have bows for act 1 mercs and more spear type weapons for Act 2 mercs.

Each class can still store class specific weapons in personal inventory but I can assure you with one set of gemmed and runed spears, every class can get to at least act 3 Normal without even using class specific gear. This means I can trash any gear lower than 24th level without regrets. While I’m casual and only in Act 3 Normal today, I also remember using this principle all the way through level 85+ on all classes in the original D2 as an unemployed no-life D2 player.

I don’t touch the limit in any way. I play hardcore and only one character per “ladder”. This first time it’s the necromancer. My level 87 died recently in Hell Throne (soul cluster), I was a bit less carefull and was instantly punished. Grufti the II. is currently level 45 in middle of nightmare. I have 19 character slots free. Lost a few nice things in the personal stash, but don’t care too much. In total the stash is full and I must decide which to keep and which to give away. Bigger shared stash is welcome but for me it’s also ok like it is now.

Give Blizzard another $40. That’s how you get another 20 character slots. They can’t possibly accommodate the 50 kb per character of space that it takes up on their server without more of your money.

3 Likes

So I literally have to log out of my battle.net account and relog in, launch my game again just to get to the other 20 characters?

You can launch more then one instance of battkenet app with different login credentials.

I’ve made posts about this very problem.

With D2R Blizzard did away with the ability to create accounts.

So many nubs to the game believe the shared stash is the complete answer and it definitely isn’t.

I play HC and if I was running 10 hours a day in Hell farming I might use 10 characters but since this is just the very beginning of D2R release I’m only using about 5 - 7.

When season1 begins our intentions will be very different.

Blizzard may have serious problems ahead if they do not increase the shared stash size and # of tabs.

For serious players this game as is is very far from the mark of being sweet and set up nicely.

Again, Classic would benefit beautifully from same stash setup as LoD.

Instead of creating ten accounts you should rather think about whether it is healthy what you are doing ^^

If they add a few more tabs, it won’t take long until the next 11h/d player comes along, telling “I need more space”. Where is the limit? No limit? Change in habit?

2 Likes

I have to question the amount of junk you are holding onto at this point. to have filled up 13 mules with good stuff would be hard to do about now. I’d start by being selective about what you are keeping. Holy Grail is not an option right now with the limited storage.

If you really do have that much good stuff, trading would be a good idea.

1 Like

There isn’t enough space in this game. Period. Give all the excuses any of you need to in order to feel like you’re right/correct in your thinking, but you’re simply wrong. Period. Do I need to say PERIOD one more time? There are also too few character slots. PERIOD. Feel free to ‘prove’ me wrong. You can’t. PERIOD.

1 Like

Nah. I think you’re fine COMMA, man; SEMICOLON your point was well-emphasized. PERIOD.

2 Likes

This is an even bigger problem now. I love to play many classes and modes, and 20 slots just isn’t enough to enjoy this game.

I would be willing to pay, but there’s no way I’m going to be relogging on the launcher and relaunching the entire game just to access more space that doesn’t have a shared stash. There needs to be a better option. Even just $10 to unlock 10 more slots or something. It’s sad to delete characters or toss items I want to keep.

2 Likes