Would you support blizzard adding an auction house?

Would you support blizzard adding a gold only auction house usable for all online characters to facilitate trading between players?

3 Likes

No.

Half the fun of a game like this is finding my own items.

8 Likes

I’d support a Trading Post, items for items, no money involved… Calling it an auction house triggers my gag reflex, and I don’t want to barf all over my nice gaming keyboard.

12 Likes

The game needs some sort of trading post, for sure. Creating games with server names “Vex4Ber” and sitting around waiting for someone to join is beyond stupid.

10 Likes

Hilarious but I feel the same lol. Auction house is a terrible idea. Trading item for item, good idea.

3 Likes

Trading post is needed I’m all for it. Having us Auction up things, no thanks. Even just a trade between off line players works.

The problem is gold holds no real value in the game, thus selling Sigon’s set for 10 Billion gold is probably a fair price.

4 Likes

That would make abusing selling items for real cash even easier. It would be nice to have auction house, but since we are dealing with people that want to make some cash it would be ruined in a week if not sooner.

This is the biggest reason I’d like to see a Trading Post, that way both players don’t have to be online. Sure it takes longer to make the trade, and the original trade method will still be there.

My thought on the Trading Post would be to charge a small in-game gold fee to post items… Maybe like 5K gold per post, non-refundable… It’d help stop people from posting stupid items like cracked sashes. It would give gold a small boost in value.

4 Likes

When they were going to make an expansion, iirc they were considering a player city. I think it would be cool to have some trading posts there. I would want an AH for D4, but for D2 personal haggling was a big part of the experience and something looked back on in fondness. Actually for D4…why not both?

There wouldn’t be anything useful being sold for gold. Gold doesn’t have value in the game. You can make a ton of gold in a few minutes of just killing things and selling the higher end blues and yellows. 20-30k or so per item.

and thus began the fall of diablo 3. thanks for the glorious idea of destroying the game. if you want an auction house you know were to find it.

It would work just as a trading medium. If an item costs 500,000 gold so what?

What do you not understand that gold is beyond easy to attain? It’s a worthless currency. No, it would not work. It would not work because no one cares about gold because you can make millions with the slightest of ease.

1 Like

Eh it would make finding gear and trading kinda pointless. But as I have read over a trading post might be worth trying out. It would make things more convenient.

Gambling…I guess that is all I can think of.

2 Likes

I would support them making an improved trade website that offers all the functionality of that famous illegal site and more. Not using forum gold but using runes as currency because you cannot have an out of game resource if it doesn’t come from somewhere.
Let this be incorporated in the site design. Connect the site to the game so everyone will find it and it make it very easy to use. But let trading remain a person to person activity.

I do not support a form of trading where it happens automatically after posting your items for sale without you having to be there to finalize the sale. I also do not support it to have too advanced search functions where you simply type the name of an item and get a whole list sorted by price. That would make it too easy, everyone would post every single item up for sale and they would all lose their value. Make trading take some effort so that people wont take the effort to trade low value items. This prevents low value items from rapidly becoming near zero value items.

no but this isnt WOW… this is Diablo… so sick of all these random people buying the game and trying to change it.

1 Like

Trading would give it value. Also prices would just be high.

Well yeah but in other games like WoW auction house works just fine so I think the issue was the way it worked in D3 and there are other issues with the game as well. Then it got removed entirely and trading was killed as they made items bound to account. Not the greatest solution.
Now in D2R lobby games are filled with trade offers instead of games to play. Some official place to trade would be cool.

I will pay only for expansion(s), nothing else!