D2:R needs a trading post

“The reason this is a fallacy is because all fg on jsp has been purchase for real money. Those who don’t buy fg are 100% dependent on those who do.”

False. Do not spread misinformation because of your bias.
Not all JSP fg was purchased and that is an easy check as you can see on someones profile if they purchased or not.
The traditional and more frequent way is just selling your gear for fg, then using that fg to purchase gear you need.

I dont agree with that either then, people should be allowed to make as many transactions as they wish, at any time of day. If a TOD or having more currency or items means you get an advantage over your peers, then so be it, should motivate those to do better, not whine to bring everyone down to their lowest common level.

Sort of true but not really a JSP forum user can set their account for others to see if they "Donated " to get FG or not . But you are right in one aspect not all FG was bought. In the early days of JSP all one had to do to get FG was post. You got FG for each post. That is part of the reason you see a lot of the original or early on members with millions of FG they all just sat around and posted for hours on end earning FG by the truck load.

Ahh good to know, thanks for the history lesson, I always wondered how the first fg was distributed.
Blizz would need something similar, maybe 40 per player who purchased D2R to start out or something.

I actually think with less duping Pgems and low runes become a more viable currency.

It won’t eliminate real money trading but having stacked runes and gems, or a gem/rune bag that can store unlimited, would go a long way to create a needed currency.

Without all the duped charms and crafted ammies, people will need gems and low runes more than ever.

I would appreciate a change in the trading a bit or rather a steamlining. For me trading was always a very important bit of Diablo 2, it is just great to see you getting some items you want for a fair trade with other people. Or even making some profit on your own view. I find it very exciting. However the way it works in Diablo 2 is very limited. I believe the base system could stay the same… have 8 players in a game offering what they want. But I would appreciate if the following is auto setup and easy to find through search or drop-down:

1. You have dedicated trade channels
  2. Dedicated trade games with major trade names such as “Gems vs items” “items vs items” “runes vs items” etc. Add number 1, 2, 3 or whatsoever to these and have a number of these hosted at a time.
  3. Change the fact that you have to manually enter a text that you then have to copy and re-post all the time… rather… open a textbox, click on your item and have a link to it appear so ppl can actually look at it before trading. And have the message not disappear after a few seconds.
    This would keep the old system in place but makes it a little more comfortable both in finding the right games and trading in these games. You will still have to hunt the right people down for the perfect trade :smiley:

I might be a little blunt on this though… I assume that these days players… especially new players… might need something much grander such as a website where they can just post stuff. But that I fear would require maintenance of blizzard and that might just go the way of D3 auction house and that again is something nobody ever wants to see again.

I think with improved search on open games, especially on global servers, trading games will flourish and will be easier to find. I guess the games O this N that can still work out, although I agree it is cumbersome to join and mostly overpriced or already done. Maybe there will be a way that such games can be closed by host once the deal is done.

Yeah I’m sure things will be easier with an update to the game lobby interface and better searching options. Its still hard to get a good estimate of the value on items though, which a trading post would help to establish and maintain based upon supply/demand.

Trading post would be great cause like currently sitting in a game titled
“Brng Ribcracker” in normal, afk…is soooo much fun.
:roll_eyes:

It is definitely no fun as it is today. But usually communities quickly define new standards.

But with shared stash and open to filter game by norm/nm/hell, I guess this nonesense of opening games in norm or mule switching will be next to gone.

How about 10characters no.

d2r.trade for the win :wink:

I think they have this down. My prediciton is along with Item Linking they will also make it easier to filter games in the lobby. So you can filter keyword “shako” and it will bring up game names with shako in title.

Now you just need to get your salesman hat on.

I don’t really want any kind of board for trading, it would be interesting to see statistics show up on what people put into trade windows and that could represent the value, but that can easily be gamed to show incorrect values. I figure they will have things tidied up quite well with the battle.net interface that it won’t be a nightmare of flooding.

Trading posts that show items for sales quickly becomes the auction house game, but like I just said you can’t have the spam fest it was before.

Need something like the ability to just mark all the items your willing to trade, and then people in the lobby can search for items and see who has them available. It’s more concentrated to channels or however the lobbies work.

It would just need to have pretty precise options like, empty, ether, 2 socket, and the game shows who has them. Allow trading in battle.net and show trades that get completed… can still go in game private but you could see lobby transactions.

I just quickly went back to describing trading posts… however they do it, it just can’t be D3 Auction House.

Bump

Once this sites trading section is fully operational, its going to make D2jsp obsolete:

https://diablo2.io/trade/

The way its set up seems pretty damn good right now, what do you think?

If Blizzard isn’t going to do it in some way, someone else will, thus enters the third party, and why it can become a problem for the game.

A lost opportunity to control the problem if Blizzard doesn’t make it happen.

I realize it’s not going to stop it entirely, but it will help stop some from seeking a more centralized trading platform.

I’m not so sure. The whole point of this post is to prevent third party uses. While I’m not a big fan of D2jsp, it offers non-item related trades like rushing or leveling. Also having a currency like fg, you are able to sell items for something that you know has a value if there are no specific items that you wish to trade for it or if the items that you need far exceed the item value that you have available. I suppose the high runes could be in-game currency but it will need to be tested. The downside of fg is that the wealth distribution will be unfair for new and old players like myself who have 0fg but I think as it stands now, D2jsp is still preferred IMO.

If easier trading is what the most players want, I’d much rather have Blizzard create something in-game rather than outside the game via new website. I really liked the D3 auction house interface and I think it could work just with items only. I think the approach DarkJedi proposed could work with some tweaking.

Blizzard was never going to do anything. We all know that. it was always going to be 3rd party sites. But at least with a site like https://diablo2.io/trade/ you aren’t using some currency you can turn into real money. This is literally just like trading in-game, just safer on a nicely designed website. :man_shrugging:

exactly. And this guy did a pretty damn good job. expecting blizz to make changes post-launch is a giant pipe dream we have a sliver of hope for. You really think blizz is going to make a full-on official trading site or section and hire people to run and manage it? cmon man. lol

Looks interesting. Personally I don’t see myself using any third party site of any kind for trade. If Blizzard doesn’t add a modern trade system of their own, I won’t bother doing much trading. Kills a lot of potential of the game and unfortunately I don’t think they really understand that.

Wait really? So you won’t use a third party site but you also won’t create Trade-games in the lobby system? Why not?