JSP needs to be banned before ladder

This is very hyperbolic. You make several assumptions:

1. Trading is a top feature in the game. It isn’t. It’s an optional activity. You obviously enjoy it. I’ve never used it ever.
  2. If trading was so fundamental to the game experience, you wouldn’t be able to complete the campaign without it. We already know that trading is only relevant to online play. It’s not relevant to single player. We also know that trading is not required to beat the campaign (at any difficulty) in online play.

Therefore, your argument doesn’t stand the way it’s worded. Removing trading entirely from the game would have ZERO impact on my experience. I get that it would impact your experience and your preferences. In order for your trading preferences to be met, you have to take the good with the bad. You get p2p trading that you like but also others will abuse that system to do things like monetize items. You can’t have one without the other.

The truth is a subset of the community defined the importance of trading and it varies subjectively from player to player.

A YouTube entertainer messaged tech support and got a non-answer from an intern then asked a 3rd party “legal team” then asked his “lawyer friend”, none of whom are named and none of what they may have actually said is provided as reference.

Sounds legit.

why is this thread still a thing, stop bumping trash posts, the guy clearly doesn’t want evidence… he doesn’t care… whats worse… he thinks “ladder” and being on top actually MEANS something… the dude is beyond help… just let this die.

your not going to use evidence to convince people who ignore reality… stop wasting your time trying to convince or help these people.

/ thread

2 Likes

Quite the opposite, binds on item destroyed d3, not jsp

2 Likes

I don’t make assumptions it’s how the game was designed.

It really isn’t optional unless you enjoy the pain of doing 10,000s of MF runs and never finding the item you need or being able to trade what you don’t need for that item. ARPGs are designed to be farming loot hunting games where you need to utilize trading and it’s economy to enjoy the game by completing builds.

If there is no economy there is no game. Trading is the lifeblood of Diablo and games like it.

The goal isn’t to complete a campaign lol. The goal is to complete builds and you aren’t going to do that without trading. You aren’t getting the perfect items, Runewords, the long list of skill charms or 3/20/20 type GG rares. The game starts when you complete a build and are near BiS gear. That is when the fun begins.

The competition in this game is making multiple builds to do 10,000s of runs super fast with MF/GF to create wealth. Then gamble and try and find those GG items worth 20-30 HRs and trade them. That way you can work on completing even better builds to do it even faster.

It might have zero impact on your experience but that doesn’t change the fact it would ruin the game and how it was designed. Make no mistake what type of game you are playing. It’s a loot hunting trading game whether you engage in it or not. Without trading this game would be miserable and no one would play, oh right maybe you… :man_facepalming:

I feel like you aren’t even playing the game if you aren’t using trading, I doubt you are completing these high end builds, rune words with Torches, Anni’s, Skill +lifers etc… That is why trading is essential because the real game starts once you have these items, not before.

There isn’t a way to ‘ban’ JSP. The only thing Blizzard can do is to bring a better in-game centralized trade function to the game. Something good enough where people won’t need to use JSP, and other centralized trading forums to trade, which also reduces or eliminates the chance for scammers to do their thing.

Sure you’re going to have holdouts that will still use JSP, because they’re heavily invested into it.

Me, I don’t use JSP. I still use the archaic limited trade function the game offers. Create “X 4 Y” games, or browse for “X 4 Y” games.

Bring on the trading post, Blizzard.

1 Like

I was expecting some link to video. I think I found it, you mean that link to another topic where is Cooley video? Its sad how hard he is advertising for that site. Well i am not suprised as its not first time he would be paid to promote item selling site. I have hard time to believe someone like that. But even is he is not lying, he was asking only if it is legal to trade there. It doesnt really matter what his layer tell him. he got answer from blizzard where was stated that any trading involving real word currency is against ToS. Which trading on JSP might be as FG can be bought by real money. FG people trade with was paid with real money. So idk dude. Do I think blizzard would be punishing players for trading there? I dont think so. But it is still grey area.

This is the problem
Blizz needs to create its own trading tool

These threads need to be banned like yesterday.

You want d2jsp to go away? light a fire under blizzard’s butt to get them to give the game a proper trade system and proper social functions.

Except FG can’t be sold for money to turn it into an item sale for real world currency. This is why it’s not against the ToS. If I trade a GG item on D2jsp for 10,000 FG it’s worth ZERO in real world currency. I can’t take that 10,000 FG and do anything with it except trade.

His lawyer was just an adventure to get an outside opinion on how the ToS is viewed legally and was for fun. The Blizzard Legal team said it was fine and wouldn’t breech the contract he was about to sign. So the Blizzard Tech and Legal said it’s okay.

Again we didn’t even have to go this far and present this much evidence that D2jsp is fine. While on the other side there is still ZERO evidence that D2jsp violates the ToS yet people spout that misinformation. One side has evidence the other doesn’t.

Is D2jsp okay? Of course there is no reason to believe otherwise if you take even 10 mins to understand the subject.

It’s not a grey area though, it’s a site that has been trading for 20 years and viewed as thee trusted trading site for this game. Sites like D2jsp is literally the safest way to trade and avoid scams. This isn’t some random site that just popped up, this is a well established site that has been used by millions of players. Which is why Blizzard wanted to buy it. They wanted in on the established trading site without having to build their own.

So what does Blizz do? Well realistically they need to build a site just like D2jsp that has trading reputation, currency and mediators to oversee secure trades. They need to punish scammer and build a reputable site that is official and does a better job than D2jsp. Until then people are just going to use what is literally the best way to trade items. This is a Blizzard created problem they haven’t fixed yet. Whether they build a trading site or in game trading post. Something needs to be done.

There is a trading tool. Are you suggesting creating an auction house/marketplace in the game? Personally, I’d rather just improve the drop rates. Better SP doubles the drop rate and I’ve been playing it for several days. I still haven’t seen any super rare stuff drop at all.

Yeah

I dont see how one excludes the other

FG was already sold for money.

If I go there and buy 300 FG with real money and then buy item from you and pay with that 300 FG, were you involved in trade involed real money? I think you were because that currency can be bought with real money there.

Yes and no. Its virtual currency which you can lose access to instantly just on whim of JSP owner or his mods and for majortiy of humans it has no value but It it still have the value in D2 universe. And again, FG was already paid by real money, FG as JSP sire currency has been involved with real money.

Of course because they probably are not interested to chase players just for trading on there. It would harm them more then help them. It doesnt mean its ok for them or its not breaking ToS. Account sharing in Overwatch is against ToS also, well in pretty much any Blizzard game i believe and yet by my knowledge it is pretty much tolerated/ignored in most cases because I know people who share accounts for ages without issues. But its still breaking ToS. Just because something is not punished, it doesnt mean its not breaking ToS.

I dont like that place just for the fact that owner basicly scam users for money to buy FG to have edge over others who have less FG. And it started as bot site and owner of it has big part of mess in legacy d2 and bot using. There is more but anyone ineterested in history of JSP and its owner can look it up.

Except it was specifically stated it isn’t breaking the ToS. Honestly just going to let this silly thread die. Not worth my time to continuously repeat facts when it falls on deaf ears, people will only hear what they want. Good luck

There is zero reason or evidence to believe D2jsp breaks the ToS especially when there is tons of factual evidence provided that D2jsp is in fact okay to use and doesn’t infringe on the ToS. Believe what you want though, some people think the Earth is flat, so you do you. :rofl:

Saying D2jsp is against the ToS is nothing more than a wild conspiracy theory with no evidence.

It depends on how you feel about pay to win. I guess in an auction house like WoW, you wouldn’t be using real currency so maybe that’s okay-ish. For some reason, I feel like auction house and market place is more appropriate in an MMORPG. D2 is not open world.

“trading for 20 years” lmaooooo

I dont care if it stays or go quite frankly but dont mince words please.

99% of FG was bought and paid for with real money.

2 Likes

Blizzard goes to JSP, create accounts and start trading (both sell and buy). Anyone who try to trade with Blizzards agents in-game after making a deal on JSP => permabanned. Wait a few weeks before banning, to make it harder for them to figure out what caused the ban.

Ban cheaters one at a time. Being unable to ban everyone in a single move does not mean nothing can be done at all.
Stopping 1%, or 0.1% of cheaters in a game is still better than 0%

JSPers on this forum has previously told about how they can trade FG into real money, like trade FG for Steam wallet money and so on. It might not be allowed by the JSP guidelines, but someone who cheats in Diablo 2 is probably not going to be stopped by such things as rules. They will just cheat on JSP as well.

It would be great if they just gave us separate game mode where all items are BoP.
This way those who want to use JSP / RMT could still have theirs, while those who like more equal playing field could avoid these people. Imagine ladder and PvP without p2w option.

I’d really like to see how many would play which mode.

Probably just mad they can’t SJW cancel it out of existence.
They have no concept of how anything works legally.
Why they think Blizzard has the ability to ban someone else’s website is beyond stupid.
The most Blizzard might be able to do is ban individual Blizzard accounts if they have proof that person is using jsp and decide it is against the TOS.

Sry but you are the one who have no idea of what you talking about

Not ban…but charge for illegal profit over blizz product

Exactly the opposite
To link your bnet account to your rmt site accound blizz would need to breach into your privacy by monitoring what you do in your pc/Mac outside the game, and this is a big no not only in usa but many countries

This is the same reason why is easy for blizz to ban bots and injection hacks but very difficulty to ban memory reading and packages interception hacks