"You want mythic gear for logging in!"

I only do M+ myself, as well, but I recognize that there’s a significant number of players who will take the most optimal route for gear acquisition, and such a system could have negative impacts on them.

I mean, the self described world players spent most of 10.1 complaining about getting deterministic heroic end boss ilvl loot from AFKing in LFR being not good enough.

2 Likes

Do you still feel this way if the gear drops are only useful in solo dungeon level content but weak in raids and mythic +? What about if these dungeons award small amounts of renown?

I understand that this isn’t a single player game, but some people like MMO’s because they get to be a part of a living world, populated with others you can trade with which is super immersive and fun compared to single player game that is static, empty and has a definite finishing point. They feel very very different whether you are grouping or not!

Personally I think it’s nice to have the option to group up for certain tasks, but having ONLY that option is tedious and draining for some people. Some people like solo activities when they want to be a part of that fun world, but in a more chill, introverted way for a little while.

16 Likes

I frankly think those people should go play RuneScape.

1 Like

None of that is restricted by not getting loot from solo content. Most open-world activity in this game that isn’t the latest expansion – which I hear is heavily underutilized and players wish it would be included in content updates – doesn’t require endgame loot. Not getting loot from solo dungeons wouldn’t preclude these players from participating in the open world, multiplayer environment that the MMO genre offers.

1 Like

No there hasn’t. You have gear literally thrown at you for doing trivial content.

Casual is a metric of time not content.

No.

No.

No.

No.

1 Like

If other games have great solo content, why can’t WoW? Also, shrugging and sending a large portion of the player base to go play other games is probably not the best route for the developers to take in terms of keeping the game populated.

Casual/Elite players should appreciate and support eachother in my opinion because they both help keep the lights on, and developer team fully staffed. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Wows not based on solo content. The entire game is based around group content.

Considering solo players aren’t even half of the game population and more likely around 20% and that’s being generous.

quote=“Xiriel-grizzly-hills, post:27, topic:1634036”]
Casual/Elite players should appreciate and support eachother in my opinion because they both help keep the lights on, and developer team fully staffed
[/quote]

People are casual and raid mythic. The solo player base is a minority.

I think there’s a difference in supporting different playstyles and in individuals who want the game to be fundamentally different from what it is.

I was being sardonic, and likely shouldn’t have, but I say “go play RuneScape” because it’s a game with very different bones — it’s designed around those sorts of experiences.

WoW has, for the vast, vast majority of its history, an identity built around group, instanced content, PvP, and raids.

I do not think that WoW should shift to a design philosophy like that of MMOs which are more appealing to the sort of gameplay you seem to describe.

2 Likes

Here we go.“if you don’t play the content in the game ,You should leave” wether it’s gear,goals or simple a hard task,you should just play another game.

1 Like

The game is quite clearly M+ or die, not raid or die.

2 Likes

If you want the game to be completely different you should probably play the other games that already offer those things.

3 Likes

if other games have first-person gun combat and hypersonic space flight in vehicles, why can’t wow?

idk it’s just not that kind of game :dracthyr_shrug:

4 Likes

This will be the thread that does it… finally! :smirk:

3 Likes

These are just a few of the discussions I was referring too.

I didn’t reply in every topic I saw so I can’t go back in my history to find them all. But there are a few in any case.

As for gear being thrown at you for trivial content. I don’t disagree. Gear is pretty easy right now. I even said that in my OP, “I think gear drops and sets are not too bad from certain patch zones over the last 10 years, it’s just more open world content without the need for big group events I’m really looking for.

That is one way of looking at it. Some people consider themself casual because they only raid log, but manage to clear mythic raids. But there are other ways of looking at it too. Some people consider themselves casual because they do not do mythic +, rated PVP or anything higher than LFR.

Solo play is also open to interpretation. Some people consider themselvs solo even though they do lots of group content they can solo queue for. Others do not do any group content at all.

Every viewpoint is welcome here. :upside_down_face:

Lol. You’re right of course. This is a hopeless quest! :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

All i want is very simple.

Daily content that can be done solo
A decent amount of daily content that can be done solo
A nice steady solo grind to work towards

I dont dislike the world group events they’ve got going on, but they do need ones with short timers so that when you log on doesnt matter.
Theyve been pretty good at addressing this though.

4 Likes

Actually it’s not that. It’s more like “if you buy this game knowing it’s based on group content and want to play solo that’s fine. Just don’t expect the game to magically change and cater to your gameplay”

3 Likes

Thats not true.
I think ive been pretty vocal about how im happy with gearing this expansion. And how i like the fact that world gear and lfr gear are equally as good as it increases the amount of content there is to do.

2 Likes

Isn’t it weird? There are so many games - even MMOs! - that might offer what they want and they’d rather invest all this time and energy into hoping this one will change.

I wonder what the correlation between people wanting good gear without doing the group content it’s designed for to begin with, and people wanting all the old items removed from the game to come back so they can get them, I bet it’s high.