You just couldn't resist it, could you Blizzard? Torghast was too good to be true, so you had to add a timer

They originally said there would be no timers. Think that was a time before pre-ordering opened and was advertised though.

2 Likes

And technically there still isn’t one, because when they said no timers they were specifically referring to timers like the ones in the Visions.

Timers are fake news .

THis is the recent blue post .

THis was originally from the SL Alpha Dungeon and Raid Section

Not fake news, that OP is fake news. She claims there arent any timers while reposting a blue post that explains the timers, lol

1 Like

"By and large, your failures in Torghast are measured in deaths, not with a timer. "

They also did a presentation where a slide was saying there would be no timers (I don’t have the link for that).

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-torghast-tower-of-the-damned/498548/129

This is the official replay from the Alpha forum

Doesn’t sound like timers to me

Well if you look at the Torments, and they literally say “every 15/30/60 seconds” and they add up over…time…and they countdown…over…time.

By golly that sounds like a timer to me.

They may not intend for them to be timers, but if you read the full context of that Blue post its clear they consider them timers and just don’t want to use the word. They want people to move along, take only seconds between pulls etc. That’s a timer.

If they are trying to not make these timers, they are failing hard. :joy:

4 Likes

I can see that you’re having problems comprehending my earlier comment. If you read it again you will CLEARLY see that there was an order to which I put my two points. Give feedback NOW>>>>>>enjoy product later.

In any case and by no means should anyone WHINE so much about a new feature coming with a soft timer that simply prevents players from spending hours inside said feature. That would be unreasonable.

They can call it whatever they want. Torments, timers, annoyances, complications…the point is, you cant go afk, you cant take your time to explore, loot, or strategize, theres always that bother of running against the clock otherwise something will come crash your party. Stupid as hell.

4 Likes

No, whats stupid as hell would be giving players the ability to AFK out in Torghast like they do at the throne of the Lich king during lunch on their weekly Invincible run. This is new content. Get over it…

Where does it say every 15/30 /60 seconds because in what I posted there is no timed numbers posted .

What is your source for that ?

Read the descriptions of the individual Torments and tell me those are not timers

3 Likes

That’s the thing, you can take your time to explore, you just need to kill some extra mobs or sit and eat more often (things which ironically make the floors take longer).

What you can’t do is go AFK, because if you aren’t sitting in from of your computer ready to fight those adds or heal the fire DoT damage you are going to die while you are AFK.

Apparently you have never had to use the bathroom, answer the door, assist a family member, or do anything else you would consider more important than WoW, ever, and everyone around you 100% respects the idea of unpausable instanced content.

2 Likes

Good heavens! Do you enjoy making other people’s arguments for them before they ever even thought to?

Edit: oh I’m sorry. It might behoove me in this case to add that I have two kids and a WIFE so yes I have many thing I consider more important than wow.

Edit: lol to remain forum friendly I will be clear again; I don’t mind a soft timer.

hate to break it to you, but thats exactly what i said elsewhere in the thread several posts ago, and he’s 100% right, so i didnt feel the need to respond.

Also, I too have kids and a wife and am a day trader, so alt tabbing is frequent. Long afks not as much but they do happen. Any solo content should allow for you to complete at your own pace thats the advantage of being solo to being with. But to each their own.

Lmao you mean solo content like mage tower hahaha. Yeah I spent all the time in the world conversing at the feet of Kruul for my prot appearance.

Omg lol the forums are so EASY TODAY

I know they are probably testing different ideas, and I’m not in Alpha so I can’t tell you my personal experience of it, but in principle adding a timer smells way too much of catering to the Mythic+ esports gaming area. I hope and pray that I’m wrong. I’m a bit worried that I’m not.

Well, they keep saying they are asking for feedback. Let’s hope that they actually mean what they say.

Very true. I look at Covenants and Soul Binds and Legendaries and its just another case of layer on layer on layer of tacked-on stuff like soldering patches on a boat in the hopes it will stay afloat while ignoring the engine doesn’t work properly. I just don’t get it, I really don’t.

Agree to the ++.

3 Likes

Indeed a procedurally generated, infinite dungeon is the same thing as a boss room with a single piece of loot. Sorry i took my time into giving you the opening to blurt that out, feel better now?