Yet another av post

And if blizzard just reversed the changes that have already been made this wouldn’t be a discussion right now.

3 Likes

haha NO! and i don’t do premade ab/wsg’s :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t imagine playing horde now if I didn’t have a horde rogue after reading that, even playing as a solo guy Alliance are winning more and more every day. I have a strong positive win ratio playing solo on alliance, so what you’re saying is the horde fail constantly. Though in reality, feels like a 50% win rate in my horde rogue vs other premades, and really if you just don’t solo que on Tuesday and Wednesday, the rest of the week isn’t bad at all on either side.

there’s already a thread on this, no need to start your own.

NO they really are. Man for Man the horde that go into AV are more powerful than their Alliance counterparts. The only skirmishes that the Alliance usually wins, they outnumber and/or have a better defensive position.

Look at the level, rank and gear of both sides and you will see the Horde players, on average, exceed the average alliance player, by a substantial margin in any particular AV match.

3 Likes

No horde in general are not just better. Alliance with half a clue about pvp are actively avoiding AV right, why would you expect them to queue into a map that significantly favors the other faction?

2 Likes

Alliance can and do win on this AV map but I think the actual competitive PvP players want every advantage they can get, which is why they refuse to queue AV unless they get double honor for it.

A lot of AV losses can just be attributed to having 5-6 people AFK in the spawn cave, or just having a bunch of rep farmers on your team that only care about killing Galv and getting a quick mark. Alliance just has too many throwers because queues are too short.

Blames the alleged 99% loss rate on “tHe mAp”

Lies down in the road and blames the road for being run over by 99% of cars.

1 Like

Well given that alliance do not have the same loss ratio in the other BG’s the map is the only other variable.

1 Like

:thinking:

yeah, the 99% loss rate is totally not a player issue.

1 Like

Nope, you literally just quoted me explaining why it’s a map issue not a player issue.

Or do you honestly expect alliance who care about winning to queue into a map that gives them a major disadvantage?

You literally just posted and I quoted, that “Alliance with half a clue about pvp are actively avoiding AV”. Literally that the 99% loss rate is due to Alliance with half a clue about pvp actively avoiding AV.

2 Likes

no… it still is too much. even with a mostly noob alliance squad you’re going to get the occasional win like 3/10 at least… currently the win rate for me is like 1/40. those kind of numbers mean that the ball is in the court of the other team. there’s an unfair advantage for the horde is the point I’m trying to make, you can’t say there isn’t with the kind of numbers we see. it’s too skewed in one direction to say anything else.

Even your own faction mates are saying it.

We are not talking about noobs, we are talking about complete dead weight afkers and leechers, zero accountability due to fast queues and cross realm bgs, and those that are VOCALLY cheerleading defeatism. Yes horde has a measure of advantage, but not a 99% win rate advantage. That is 100% due to horrible morale since their exploits were removed, lack of effort, defeatism, quitters, etc.

Ignoring the player issue is not doing you any favors. And last of all, it is unfortunate that alliance abused the living hell out of the report as afk tool, so much so that blizzard removed it utterly, so now you are stuck with that dead weight and zero accountability.

Just take a long hard look at the scoreboard at the end of losses before you spam queue into another. Look at the death blows, objectives tagged, objectives defended, etc.

2 Likes

I actually had an interesting game… just got out of… idk, 30 ish mins ago, we still lost but it was a moral victory of sorts, we took ibgy to start, held it then moved south from there. The zerg horde takes sf/sh/sp hate fest didn’t happen… even in that, I can be satisfied, just to know that we at least did something ya know? like we took 3 graveyards and a couple mines and some towers in a loss. But that was really just about as fun as a win, i guess i’m just so used to getting trounced hah. But ya, just wanted to share that experience.

This is more the vanilla experience, both sides play heavy offense with little to no defense, horde don’t play scorched earth and the games are relatively decent.

I’ve been heavily utilizing /afk to avoid premades. So what I do is think of an RL task I need to get done. I tell myself I’ll do it now if the next BG is a premade, or after if it’s a pug. So I queue. Premade. Ok /afk out of the BG, log off, do whatever RL thing I needed to do

Come back, queue up. Premade. Ok /afk out. Then I fly somewhere to farm some gold for a while until deserter debuff fades. Hearth back. Queue up another BG. Premade. Ok log off for a while, check back later

I just don’t want to give premades any HK’s and listen to their emote and /yell spam as they pretend they are good at pvp by beating pugs. I know it’s handicapping my honor per hour but that’s really not important to me

I also tend to get more IRL stuff done this way

It’s baffling. Why are you running AV? Masochism? You’re a rogue, you should be ganking people in silithus.
Only way to win AV is not to play.

2 Likes

Yep, I do the same. There’s no point in playing when you have little chance of making a difference. The same goes for AV.

There should have been a matchmaking system in-place from the start. Then twinks could play twinks, premades could play premades, and pugs could compete with pugs.

Do you think this is faction specific?

If the roles were reversed, horde have instant queues and start on the opposite side of the map, would they still beat the alliance because alliance don’t try and give up?

1 Like