World of Wildstar

Exactly, so why Regress.

Didn’t TBC suck at those?

Like many people were fond of TBC, but guild poaching because of attunements were not that from what I’ve seen.

TBC attunements suck. But atleast us casuals had Kharazan lol.

1 Like

The game shut down.

The OP is afraid WoW might shut down too.

1 Like

I don’t understand your point, if you’re going to play a multiplayer game and plan on getting ahead you’re going to eventually have to group up one way or another, that’s how every mmo or multiplayer game is. I mean yeah sure you can go for kills in an fps but if you want to win you’re going to have to capture that flag, tdm is basically a dash for most kills so it doesn’t really count in that regard.

Wow had been built around group content, so unless all you do is visions and pet battling or world quests I don’t really see why someone would pay a sub to only do that, I know some people do and they have their own interests but were talking about people that actually want to progress through content that’s actually difficult and where it isn’t brain dead or capable of being afkd through like lfr.

The only exception to this rule is if you wait an expansion or two until the content is obsolete then yeah sure you probably could avoid grouping then but by that point noone cares about that stuff.

That to me is like saying I don’t like shooting guns playing an fps.

3 Likes

Hard to cap the flag when both you and the enemy team don’t make it easy.

Trust me, I focus objectives too.

Not hard to play solo. I do 90% of the time.

Also some guy made a special version of wow that is single player only that has players pop up but they are all bots instead. You can try that

This is a view made because you have been eating the koolaid that MMo’s mean you have to play together. Instead of one where social interactions are one of choice. There is any number of benefits a solo player gets from a Multiplayer game. Give me a moment and I will link you a thread that has most of them.

2 Likes

My point is, are you going to beat nzoth solo on any difficulty, no probably not. The other solo content doesn’t even matter, it’s afk braindead stuff like if you were mining in runescape. All that other stuff is is chores to me, if you enjoy pet battling fine, wqs fine but if you want to get ahead in the game in general you’re going to eventually have to group up, I don’t think I’ve ever seen any game other than solo player games where you didn’t.

Kharazan was a huge attunement if i remember correctly for the key any was the only thing was you just needed one dude with a key that was a fun one

I promise you guys wow, even now, is not as bad as wildstar was at it’s end

1 Like

You forgot the part about how the game will be increasingly designed for mythic raiders and top m+ players to sell carries to those who are locked out of content, thus increasing token sales.

4 Likes

That thread explaining why Solo players play MMo’s actually got over 220 Likes. Think about that.

3 Likes

You seem to think I have a problem with people playing an mmo as a solo player game, I don’t. I’m just saying if you intend on getting ahead in anything that matters you’re going to have to group up. You clearly aren’t understanding what I’m saying. If you think defeating every pet battle master is getting ahead fine but limiting your self to one section of the game whether it’s lack of skill or what ever or preference as a whole and by the majority of the community you’re basically doing entry level stuff that doesn’t matter. Like I said I don’t care if you do it, it’s just not something I consider worthwhile.

3 Likes

We will never stop hearing that the heart and soul of an MMO is forcing other players to group up with people who want nothing to do with them. But that’s what people who don’t even understand what friendship is think.

3 Likes

That’s bad. It should be anyone can solo him on any difficulty if they wanted to.

I even elaborated on this, too.

1 Like

That’s the exclusivity problem of instanced content. When groups have a limited number of slots they are going to be extremely particular. EQ 1999 didn’t have this problem initially because the raids were massive 72 man groups and the encounters didn’t require everyone be geared to the teeth. It was a good middle ground for a highly sociable experience.

You create different problems when you fix a problem. Blizzard wanted to stop the toxicity around kill competition and then created this new toxicity around exclusivity by instancing that content.

It’s probably fine to have different difficulties for flex and mythic as most people don’t care for the mythic difficulty content but it’d be far better to take some of that content out of instances. Better to address the kill competition problem with spawn timers and tagging. Also scaling encounters to keep the difficulty consistent with larger groups.

I’ve done both EQ 1999 and WoW since 2007 and EQ did the MMORPG genre much better. WoW was always just the prettier, more casual friendly of the two.

Honestly a solo version of raids wouldn’t be a terrible idea. Provided the difficulty was set to the proper level. Thinking mage tower.

3 Likes

my best experience so far in wow is joining a guild cause someone saw me dueling outside org and thought I was good, then raiding with them (terribly), and meeting a resto sham who wanted to do arenas with me in there

all just off the cuff without some forced grouping

Yeah, like that. It would be tuned appropriately, but you wouldn’t be forced to get a group for it.