World of Wildstar

Well folks, Next expansion is coming and while titanforging was removed there was at least a little bit of something to pursue with corruption. Now all things obtained in the world, non M+ dungeons, and LFR will be complete trash. Any level of slowly progressing your character if you was not interested in dealing with the level of judgment, berating, and exclusion that is done in the community is dead.

Don’t worry though this is surely only the beginning because obviously there is a Mythic player at the helm now. We can kiss LFR goodbye too, Attunements will be coming back and we all may as well just go play Classic because that is where we are going. Except only now we go there with stuff like Mythic+ that pushes people to be extremely judgmental of each other. Because that’s super healthy for a community. People seem to forget how important a community is for a game oh well. Lessons will be learned.

Welcome to the World of Wildstar. I’ll play it while secretly hoping you all suck sand like Wildstar did.

Before you say go play a solo game. Please read this linked thread first.

19 Likes

I’m fine with this tbh, titanforging and corruption system was garbage at best. Bring back the BIS lists when gear is concerned, instead of the mindless endless grind of hoping for that one proc that never happens for the entire expansion.
I remember doing over 2,000 m+ dungeons in legion, saw maybe 3 items out of all of them that were ilvl or near ilvl cap. Inspect some random priest and has almost every equipped item ilvl capped without stepping into a single raid. Rng is not a good system especially when it pertains to a power creep when gearing is concerned.

Don’t really care about lfr, it’s an afk tour bus through the content to see the scenery, this is an mmo and lfr is group content, you should have to play the game to get through it and earn a reward instead of afking or autohitting through it, perfect definition of a participation reward.

As far as items in the world and lfr being trash in SL, they’re also that now, the only exception is going to be visions which I personally don’t think should exist, bring back challenge modes like pandaria, group content not single player content, there are single player games for a reason.

When you put any number of people together there will be a competitive mentality in one aspect or another so I mean if competitive environments bother you a solo player game may be better suited for that type of mentality. It’s like some people I’ve talked to on here posting on a public forum, replying to them then getting defensive as to why you replied to them like that was against the rules on a PUBLIC forum.
Like if I said don’t reply to me or something at the end of this.

17 Likes

41 Likes

MMo only means a gaming environment where you can encounter other people. And interact with them if you so choose.

12 Likes

To be fair, corruption was tipping the scales a bit too far into ludicrous territory.

And by “a bit” I mean “a lot.” Like, a lot a lot.

13 Likes

MMO

noun

1. an online video game which can be played by a very large number of people simultaneously.

To get anywhere in wow you’re going to have to talk to other people and do group content, world quests/pet battling is solo player content, if that’s all I did on a multiplayer game I’d go play a solo player game.

9 Likes

Keyword here is by

Not with.

15 Likes

Blizzard isn’t dumb, they know their bread is buttered by us casuals. They aren’t going to leave out ways for us to progress outside of raid and dungeon settings.

5 Likes

I know, I’m just being a little extreme intentionally because it really ticks me off they are removing something that has been part of the game for awhile now and has made life a bit better.

1 Like

Losing WF/TF and corruptions re-establishes proper progression.

23 Likes

Titanforging was terrible and corruption isn’t an improvement.

10 Likes

Agreed here, EVERYONE NO MATTER HOW CASUAL SHOULD HAVE A WAY TO SLOWLY UPGRADE THEIR GEAR.

Not only does it gives casual players something to do, it makes players spend more time in game and feel they have something to do instead of log in 2 nights a day for mythic raid night.

As a person with 470-475 pieces from m+ and mythic raid bosses I do not feel threatened that a casual might manage to upgrade their gear to the same ilvl through ultra slow grinds.

I am not afraid of casuals having gear because gear is a tool of the game, NOT YOUR SELF WORTH DEPENDENCY

20 Likes

Pretty much, being able to progress outside of that said content allows people that enjoy that content to have something to do between raids as well. It’s a little borked people are so against it.

4 Likes

I just don’t think we should invalidate content. There’s almost no point right now to do normal or often, even heroic raiding.

Gear should reflect the effort put in, yes you could say that if it takes a super long time to get a piece of 470 gear that’s ok, and it is, if the effort matches the reward, so like, may 2-3 weeks for one piece like in Wrath.

4 Likes

it’s going to be amazing to be able to accomplish things in this game again!
allso wildstars downfall in my opinion was it was Fisher-Price the mmo

2 Likes

I really hope there are more ways to get gear and progress slowly in shadowlands such as the new mission table and weekly event like the ember court.

Pvp also seems to have an upgrade vendor similar to benthic so here’s hoping.

Even in 8.3, rn as a casual player that does m+ and mythic bosses I have no way of getting upgrades other than logging in twice for the mythic raid night and the weekly m+ chest, I have nothing else to do since I don’t care about farming old mogs or mounts so game is getting is boring I ll go back to playing dragon age 2 for a few days.

And I really see a big fear that casuals are gonna get good gear as if it matters, the only people who are afraid of that are the ones who put their self worth on ilvl and get offended that a casual got gear that they believe the casual doesn’t deserve but they do, it is pure unhealthy jealousy.

7 Likes

You can’t overlook the obvious. Most people saw the ridiculous attunement charts and didn’t bother. If you make the entry barrier too steep, people aren’t going to participate.

3 Likes

My experience is that it pushes my guild to have fun together. Its horrifying. :wink:

1 Like

Shh, they’re offended by the word guild.

4 Likes

attunement are just doing the previous content in the game it just creates a ladder system so if players don’t do this what do they do? q up in lfr and get the 10 stacks of fail buff? yeah thats whats wrong with the game now