World of Wildstar

I mean, Ion was at the helm all through Legion and BfA. Blame the wannabe elitists who cried over the “wrong” people having a chance at good loot.

Ion was actually the one who apologized for failing casuals in WoD.

2 Likes

Hope they have a close encounter with a hornet when they sit on a toilet and get stung on the sensitive bits.

Some apology that was. We going back to WoD.

2 Likes

Eh.

WoW was fine for casuals before Titanforging and all, it’ll be fine without it.

7 Likes

Except, no, we’re not.

There’s a crap ton of casual content in this upcoming expansion. Just because you can’t easily obtain 470 gear doesn’t change that. Hell, it’s the hardcore that are going to be in for a nightmare come SL.

1 Like

Probably should name change to ChickenLittle.

Probably, but I forgot it’s only Friday.

Freaking Covid. has my schedule all broke.

(not to say I don’t believe some of what I wrote)

It was a bad system. Trying to replace raiders who had the proper attunments was always a giant pain and led less scrupulous guilds to do things like poaching raiders from other guilds.

2 Likes

You mean it led EVERY higher guild to poach lower guilds lol, it was a constant revolving door.

3 Likes

Single player gaming is antithetical to the MMORPG experience.

It’s sad to see this current gen of “MMORPGers” turn on the idea of P2P gameplay. Part of the fix is to stop rewarding the single player gameplay. The other is to tune the content to be more welcoming as it used to be.

MMORPGs are not ARPGs. The highly competitive solo race belongs in Path of Exile, not WoW.

Anyway that’s my view on it.

3 Likes

Pretty much this.

All casual players should be able to get gear up to just under raid level gear.

Another game I play casual players can buy gear that’s 10 ilvls lower than the best gear from raids. Casuals can also buy a weapon that’s 15 ilvls lower than the best one from raids. You just do various things in the game that earns you a currency to buy the gear. That currency has a weekly cap so you can’t just do it all in 1 week.

1 Like

FFXIV? Great way of doing things.

Stay safe, friend. I liked your post.

1 Like

Hilarious coming from someone defending the current iteration of covenants.

1 Like

wildstar was easily the best time I’ve ever had in an mmo

you do not bad mouth my boy like that

1 Like

Was a good game, had potential. RIP

Too bad they stuck to their guns and died.

I can’t see how the two are related.

But I’m happy that your so offended by my opinion of Covenants that you are obsessed and can’t keep it in the designated thread.

they didn’t, they eased up and it died to massive content drought, horrible optimization, and a dead lack of interest

endgame was quite accessible, you just had to accept a different way to play

getting beat down in skullcano has given me the patience of a saint

That is forced grouping.

It used to be cool, but times change so now it’s not.

3 Likes

Current gen? One of the biggest draws when WoW came out was you could get stuff done on your own and not be completely reliant on groups like other games like EQ.

6 Likes

“Stuff” was always relegated to leveling up (for the most part not all) and getting your starter gear ready for dungeons.

Far cry from what retail does.