World of Wildstar

How, when mechanics are made for groups

I think raids should keep the big team combat thing

but this big wild endless dungeon idea with torghast could be evolved for solo players to fit that niche

Visions. Seriously, visions. See the news article of a guy soloing 5 mask 5 players.

The entire idea behind being online, playing multiplayer games is so you can see/meet other people, may as well play on a gameboy or something or just a solo player game if you really want solo content on an mmo. As far as I’m concerned the only solo content that should be on wow is quests to gear up for dungeons then raids. if I wanted to play solo I’d go play dark souls or red dead redemption.

Yeah maybe, although LFR is more or less just solo player. Would mean literally nothing if the players was all turned into NPCs. well I guess that might make it easier. Less people trolling just because they hate LFR existing.

2 Likes

The same group content is there for people who want it. The addition of more single player content doesn’t take away from that. Removing the rewards from single payer content isn’t going to make people start doing group content more, it will just make them stop playing. It’s just good business sense for blizzard to cater to both types of player.

1 Like

You really should read the thread I linked. This stuff you speak sounds like it comes from a place of Ignorance.

2 Likes

Those are designed for what they are, raids are designed for groups. They wouldn’t work for single players.

You can have difficult solo content, but it had to be designed that way, do something like torghast, but raids wouldn’t work solo

1 Like

The thread I made is using Torghast’s tech on all existing content.

I agree, my opinion does differ when solo player content is brought up but I don’t think they deserve the same rewards either as those that do participate in group content, by adding more people you have a higher chance of mistakes and it takes cooperation and experience/planning and more time and effort to complete vs solo.

2 Likes

it could be, they put it in as a way for lower tier players to experience it without the hassle of a guild, if I’m remembering right

But what I’m saying is, something like having to split groups on nzoth, how would you do that? Or do just limit creativity because of that restriction

Their reasoning actually changed multiple times. Everytime they talk about it and why it was designed. It changes lol.

It’s the tuning of the content, not the number of people involved in the content.

1 Like

You know how they made Kalec in Sunwell soloable?

That.

1 Like

You know it always boggles my mind when people talk so highly of dark souls. Then turn around and act like it’s impossible to have difficult solo player content.

1 Like

That would make sense except it has an opposite effect.

Take Path of Exile for example. I play PoE just about every league. As for single player RPG experiences it’s probably the best on the market right now for that.

But it’s really just a 2-3 week romp. All the various end game parts (and PoE has a ton of it) cannot sustain it for even a month for me. I just get tired of it.

When all that exists is the scripted content it has an expiration date. P2P can carry a game way beyond its expiration date and D2 was a good example of that. If D2 didn’t have P2P it would have just been an inferior game overall.

P2P doesn’t mean exclusively PvP, though PvP is a part of that. The idea being players don’t think like bots. They don’t always do the same things or say the same things. So it’s always different. If the systems are done in a way to reward people for engaging in P2P content the game is in the best possible state it could be in.

Nah if you make a flex end game content that can be soloed or a group of 20, noone would group for it, why add people that will more than likely make it fail. This is why I think the less amount of players you have to clear content the less the reward you deserve.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree completely with this.

No, I don’t know. But you would have to remove a mechanic like raid splitting, or 100 other raid mechanics that require more than one person