I'm a Solo Player in your MMo, No I won't go play Skyrim

Hello, I’m here today to educate you on the various reasons someone may choose to play an MMo as a single player game. This is so people will stop shouting at everyone to leave the game and play some single player game if they like single player content.

First we have a group of players who have played this game from the dawn of time. As they aged their friends moved away from the game and their ability to make new friends diminished as the community did. People from this Era of gaming play and think differently then these people. So they hold onto nostalgia and cling to the game the best they can but they do it alone.

Next we got the economic players. A typical triple A single player game costs you anywhere from $30-60 Dollars most generally in the $60 range if it’s an RPG. How much content do you get with this money? Roughly 48 hours to around 75 hours if you are generous. That is around 1 to 2 weeks time depending on how many hours a day you put in it. Some won’t even make the 1 week barrier. Versus a game that is an MMo which has new content on a regular basis. Instead of having to spend $60 every few days or weeks, they get to spend $15 a month ontop of the original cost and have all the more content. It’s a huge money saver.

We then have a crowd of players who don’t really like group content all that often but they do enjoy the things that other players add to the game. Trading, Socialization, or on the very rare occasion a small random group.

I’m sure there is other reasons a person may prefer a MMo over a Single player game even though they are a solo player. However these are the ones I am most aware of because they are the ones that fit me personally. So can you please stop telling me to not play an MMo just because I enjoy content that is more of solo player thing such as dailys, world quests, and yes even the Random Dungeons which are basicly solo content because the other 4 guys may as well be npcs cause they don’t say anything.

Thank you for reading and have a nice sunny day.

230 Likes

I’m one of those people. Lol. I like MMO’s because of the online community, but at the same time rarely interact with said online community. I’m kinda misanthropic and I have no drive to interact with people in game. I just can’t muster the energy to commit to always being there and in social mode. None the less i’m always in a guild anyway, even if it’s just to have something going on in the background. It helps though that I have a friend of mine into this too.

84 Likes

Not to sound rude or anything, but just because it is an MMO, doesn’t mean you have to play with others. This is your choice, and I respect it.

100 Likes

That’s probably the rudest thing I’ve ever heard. This is why I play solo.

37 Likes

Don’t be so rude now. This is why I rather raid alone.

13 Likes

GUYS. It’s Sunday. Let’s not be rude now. No but in all seriousness though I gotta add, the major downfall of not being social in this game is that I’ve come to accept i’ll never run a mythic raid lol. Sucks but I understand.

12 Likes

Yep. And in a few hours, it will be Monday.

Didn’t you know? This is World of Rudecraft.

This is why Warlocks are so Sad. Because Demon Hunters like to be rude and take from the Warlocks.

3 Likes

I like to go to Starbucks to chill even tho I could make coffee at home, I do like to just do my own thing amongst a bunch of people.

25 Likes

Wait I still haven’t had the ensuing entertainment of Sunday posts yet. The day cannot end before we get our Sunday posts. T’would be a sad day.

1 Like

Just sayin.

6 Likes

So you enjoy wasting time on futile crusades. Good for you, little buddy.

1 Like

Darling, as long as you are not breaking rules, you are free to play however you want.

14 Likes

I like playing alone primarily because time is a premium and I don’t like depending on others to accomplish goals or having others depend on me for theirs.

This is compounded by my schedule being all over the map. Some days I work during the day and play at night, others I work overnights and play in the mornings. Some weeks I work several days in a row and don’t play at all.

This is why I love the group finder. I can queue up if I need group content and go about my business. If it pops before I am done great, I join the group, say Hello, do whatever it is, say Good bye, Thank you and I am off.

Works out rather nicely.

40 Likes

I’m with you, my friends all left in WoD, but here’s the rub. Bliz will do things to support the majority of the player base over the minority and they’re reducing investment so those decisions are becoming more common. There is still a lot of solo activity but the old ways were obsoleted. We’re nowhere kids.

4 Likes

Group finder is awesome. Sure you get some bum groups but the majority go smooth. Just people wanting to do content.

8 Likes

Hermits of the world unite!

31 Likes

Separately, in our own homes!

18 Likes

So this means we are no longer on for sunday night dinner and a movie? Bummer.

It’s fine if someone wants to play solo. I don’t care about that. What I care about is when a solo player claims that they should have every right to everything in this game that people who group up and coordinate together to achieve, without the grouping up or coordinating together.

I saw a thread about it the other day. Some guy saying how there needs to be a solo path to be comparable with every mythic raider so there’s no reason for him to group up. That’s asinine.

It’s totally fine if you wanna play on your own and enjoy your 15 bucks a month. Don’t care. But the efforts of those who must group together and go through the logistical nightmare (and it is one) of setting up raid teams, coordinating people getting online at the same time, etc, must also be respected.

44 Likes

But Skyrim is awesome…

5 Likes