World of Warcraft®: The War Within™ Goes Live August 26!

Warlords, Mists, and all that had their own launch issues, but of course launch issues are not the only, or even the main barometer of whether a release was rushed or in good quality. Many of the things I brought up WERE issues that either made the game unplayable for some characters, or were a pervasive series of low quality and unfinished content that would have benefited from having time to actually finish them prior to Live.

Dragonflight’s launch literally had people unable to complete certain quests because they’d be getting phased out mid-combat trying to complete them. Dragonriding itself was a glitchy mess that could disconnect players on both take-off and landing in any location because the server was having trouble reconciling your “momentum”. The fact that this could happen anywhere rather than being bottlenecked to the Garrison instance, or to the Jade Forest, doesn’t make it better necessarily.

You’re revising history for sure here. Azure Span had issues on Dragonflight launch, well before the patch where Fyrakk Incursions came into play.

Here for examples are posts from early December 2022, in the couple of weeks after Dragonflight launched, both talking about ongoing issues as well as making mention of it being even worse in those first few days of the expansion being active:

Here’s a Blue post from Dec 6th 2022:

As you can imagine, having an entire zone break, a zone where you need to go through the zone to level up, and complete the campaign, is just as much of a blocker as hitting the Garrison intro and coming up to a broken flag or Instance Not Found.

There are plenty of comments peppered around from people noting back in December and November '22 that Dragonflight was one of the worst experiences they had encountered, or had extreme issues from poor optimisation. Aside from WoW forums, there are reddit posts, tweets, etc. etc., that are all STILL able to be found.

I do think that this was beaten to the death…but i still believe that an “early access” to wow expansion release is the biggest middlefinger to your entire playerbase. Imho. We pay monthly sub, we pay for each expansion…

You are ruining one of the very few magical moments this game have left. Aka expansion launch with all the players stacked ready to explore new continents for the first time. Billion people everywhere. Its one of the best moments. And now what…you come 26. To full server of lvl 80 that harvested entire continet already, or if thats not available with early acess, then they will do that right on launch…every herb, node , rare, chest ect ect …

W/e …greed is greed and wow players are way too addicted to say “No” and not buy it.

1 Like

Consider that DF introduced new game engine features, such as Dragonflying with its inceased movement speed, and underground zones where flying is allowed such as the Zaralek caverns (in fact it appears that Zaralek caverns was a test case for TWW, as 3 of 4 zones will be underground here).

We don’t have so many game engine features in TWW which might be game breaking, with the exception of Delves (here it appears that “follower dungeons” was the test case for this new feature, as Brann will be also an AI companion in Delves).

So I would not say, “no, there are no bugs”, but there will be a lesser potential for big bugs.

In the “Star Wars” like poster promoting “The War Within”, WHY does Jaina and Alleria look so “frightened” while Anduin and Thrall just look moot in their facial expressions?

What does Jaina and Alleria see that Anduin and Thrall don’t? Both of them are looking in the same direction, while Anduin and Thrall are looking at the side with barely any facial expressions, aside from maybe feeling “sorrow”? Not sure, but it’s interesting to know what Jaina and Alleria are looking at and why.

Anduin and Thrall are looking away from the issue in front of them. They’re not focused. While Jaina and Alleria are both in awe in their expressions.

Anyone else notice that?

People did not plan their vacation based on WOW, but based on kids. In summer school is out, so you travel with your family.

August is just such a weird month to release a video game, September / Oktober ist usually best, or early in March/ April. Releasing it in a holiday season is ya, questionable and in my opinion again a show that shareholders make the decisions and not knowledgable people.

I am a little sad to say I am not really super excited for this expansion like I have been for recent ones, aside from the Warband stuff. DF was excited for dragons, SL the covenant flavor and “spirit” realms, BFA the battles and what I thought some of it was going to be(I was wrong lol), and so on. So far, I am looking forward to a new expansion, new quests, zones, pets to tame etc, but there isn’t anything I’m really super excited to do…
That said, I’m really ready to go and I’ll be playing day…4 or whatever it is, haha and may still take a day off the following week to get some full day, family free game time in. :smiley:

Uh… why respond with that to me though? O.o

I just make happy fox noises and go with the flow.

Ion said at Blizzcon it would be in from the start, not later in patch content.

War Within is introducing Warbands (and associated changes with transmog, reputations, achievements, etc.), Dynamic/Static Flying toggles, both fairly expansive system changes.

All of them are having tons of bugs reported on the Beta servers.

what are you basing this assessment on? do you have access to their internal builds?

The map is pretty good for ground mounts in tww. More importantly you can unlock pathfinder for regular flying. (I personally, do not know why blizzard insists on pathfinder, but it’s not up to me)

If you do join, you’ll want to avoid the dungeon “Dawnbreaker” until after you have regular flying

BlizZard lied?

News at 11.

But their fervent push of the expansion means they are in deep trouble.

Yup. Well said! +1

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

Am I missing something here in this topic ?? But who cares if Blizzard said they would releash this in the fall. You guys find ANY and ALL things to get angry over.

I am sure if Blizzard released this in the fall, ya’ll would post and be pissed that they didnt release it early in the summer. The whole damned if do and damned if you don’t phrase applies here.

1 Like

I imagine the same ADDONs philosophy will persist in “The War Within”. I’ve heard that there will be a new genre of ADDONs that will be able to check your [you know what] for wipe quality.

If Blizzard ever limited the depth of ADDON game information to just UI basics and convenience the game will transform utterly into a new game.

I’ll be sure to t-bag every body type 2 beard wearer.

1 Like

Just say all earthen and you have my support. That would make you a valuable member of the WoW community as well.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

happy panda noises

1 Like

So excited!! Remember to pre-purchase it if you haven’t already done that.

1 Like

Are these changes drastic? Because I think people have to really get used to it before it can be accepted into the game