Why is Azure Span laggy? Overblown or Legit?

I haven’t gotta to level in Azure Span yet but I did fly around to get all my glyphs, didn’t seem laggy at all to me, and i’m playing on a sams club all-in-one computer :sweat_smile:

Are there certain spots or something that trigger the lag? The zone didn’t look like it had that much clutter going on.

EDIT

Possibly depends on your server/region.

Outside the first couple of days of launch, I’ve been running as smooth as expected.

I play on OCE though, so we have a lot less population across the board.

1 Like

During the feast it can take around 5 seconds for my instant casts to cast.
I can miss entire tasks given to me because they ended before i was offered them.

It gets laggy XD

2 Likes

When I have to fight something in Azure Span it sure seems a bit on the sluggish side to respond to key presses, and looting hangs a second before completing. So something has gone slightly sideways.

1 Like

At least on moonguard its the opposite of lag, they phased azure span so much on MG that you will be lucky to even see another person outside the walrus village.

There is no lag but the tradeoff is that there are no other players…

1 Like

the zone gets laggy when the tuskarr community feast event is going on.

lag and your computer’s performance are not the same thing.

2 Likes

I just got my character into Azure Span and no one else was around me but I was getting some lag while doing the fishing quest that I got when I entered the area. After I would click on the bobber, it took a bit for it to reel in, and the fish caught took a bit to auto loot. Not a whole lot of lag, but enough to notice.

1 Like

The lag is entirely dependent on three factors.

1. Cobalt assembly rep grind
  2. Community feast
  3. Super rare farms

The lag fluctuates but is worst when the community feast happens during peak hours because people are doing the other two around the clock.

Sometimes it manifests in slight sluggishness, and at other times multisecond delays and breakdowns of basic functions.

1 Like

Depends on how many groups are at the Cobalt Assembly.

It was so laggy earlier I got the “Get help from the Elemental 30 Times” and “Stop a Hazard 50 times” from a Climbing WQ cause I was falling off for like an hour. :confused:

1 Like

Loki moment

It’s pretty terrible right now. I’ve had lag in the zone all day. 3 more side quest chains and I am gonna avoid this place for a while.

1 Like

Thanks for the info everyone, I think i’m gonna keep taking my sweet time leveling and hope the situation is better by the time I get there :joy:

I wanna level my alchemy anyways, i’ve heard that profession is explosive lately

I don’t know why but it was laggy today. I thought it was just me but someone was complaining in gen chat that they couldn’t do the races because of the lag.

No idea what’s up with that zone.

1 Like

I’m trying to level through the game and while I’m enjoying the story, I hope this part is short so I can get the hell out of this lag-filled zone.

Damned shame too: I like everything about it except for feeling like I’m playing on a 28K modem.

2 Likes

First time I noticed today. Leveling a hunter there, and spell casts are slow, and looting trash mobs for quest items is taking longer than normal. Figured server lag was the norm for very high pop realms, but I play on low to medium pop, and yeah it’s just like everything is in slow motion lol. Crz, sharding whatever is probably causing a lot of it imo. Damn crz is the worst crap they ever implemented in this game imo.

2 Likes