Wintergrasp is literal BS

That’s not the definition of mega server. It never has been. The term has been used to describe the much larger population servers we have had during WoW Classic and TBC Classic than their original releases.

Mega servers such as Whitemane and Faerlina were well balanced during most of WoW Classic while still being referred to as Mega servers.

If you wish to call imbalanced servers Mega servers, I cannot stop you, but of course without a common definition of words it may be difficult to have conversations with others.

okay so youre just wrong and hard headed. Got it.

I’m really not sure why you’re taking this stance, but people have been calling large population servers (as is patently obvious by the term) Mega-servers for quite a while.

Conflating the term “Mega (very large) Server” with faction imbalance is somewhat understandable, I suppose, since most of the mega servers have become imbalanced.

However, if you’d like to clarify for yourself, you can look at historical usage of the term “Mega Server” on these forums and clearly see that it has been used to refer to large population servers, even while they were well balanced.

Here are some examples:

I get what you’re saying, but the fact is on Grobbulus those numbers are split between both factions. So while it might technically be a mega server, it isn’t going to feel the same as Benediction or Faerlina with all those players on the same faction.

1 Like

Sure, it will feel different to players since you won’t be chatting/grouping with all 16k players. But, this thread is about WG.

The devs stated that one of the reasons that WG will be an instanced BG is because it is incompatible with layers. Layers are used because with 16k, players pushing them all on a single layer wouldn’t work. Faction balance doesn’t factor into this.

Yeah, I think the wording is off with using the word “mega”, but now that I have characters on both Grobbulus and Faerlina I can say for a fact that the server cultures and “vibes” of these servers are night and day.

Grobbulus feels much and I mean MUCH more like my old Wrath server.

1 Like

you also said you were going to quit if you had to transfer, and yet here you are

I’m not saying it feels the same. Just simply that regardless of how one feels about Grobbulus, its population is large enough to be called a mega-server, in contrast to the population sizes during the original releases of Vanilla and TBC.

1 Like

I knew you’d bring that up at some point. I decided to stick with my guild and not abandon those guys instead of quitting. I strongly considered quitting or just going to Grobbulus, like losing sleep over it considering, BUT I decided I like my guild enough to transfer to and help run a guild on a server I hate.

If my guild dies I’m transferring the druid to Grobbulus and if my guild dies and Grobbulus goes to 99% I’m out.

1 Like

It would be cool if blizzard excluded the handful of servers that are actually properly balanced and have healthy pops from some of these systems. Of course blizzard couldn’t even be bothered to do the bare minimum to try to prevent those problems in the first place.

And at this point in classic that so few players compared to the number of players who chose to play on completely faction stacked servers. When what 90% of players are on servers that simply can’t support a decent WG I’m not really expecting much else.

/shrug I’m not really noticing a difference in BG’s in classic vs back in the day. It’s pretty obvious after the first clash or two whether the game will be a win a loss or a tight fight, and naturally people respond accordingly. Nothing new about that.

1 Like

Youre telling me that there being no crossplay between factions is a player created issue?

Its literally built into the game, you cant communicate with the opposite faction. Let alone dungeon, raid, or pvp…

Im so confused how you could possibly say that is player created

Players chose to faction stack pvp servers so yes that’s a player created issue and they did so to a much worse degree than in vanilla. Blizzard has some responsibility for not doing more to prevent it but ultimately yes it’s a player caused issue.

PvE servers are also a different story as there’s really no point to factions by and large besides some zones you just can’t go to.

I’m against this, if it teleports us there and I can que for it from anywhere in the world it ruins my community and my immersion.

I want to waste my time flying there.

/S…

Who cares.

2 Likes

Ok im literally done even trying lol, beyond all logic and reasoning. People cant actually read what im saying

Wibtergrasp had a player cap. Even on grob with a decent balance ratio the chances of you actually getting into a game is nil.

2 Likes

And I responded to your point,

Its hard to compare ff14 keeping servers at similar numbers, to a game having yo balance numbers, factions, racials, and no crossplay

Yes this is true, but ultimately players had to go out of their way to create faction imbalanced servers to the point where almost every server is single faction.

1 Like

How? Its an open world zone, no different than the TBC towers.

My guess is that layering gets wonky with regards to dungeon access. Which could’ve been simply solved by decoupling WG from access to the raid. Easy solution.

1 Like

It really has nothing to do with layering. Most servers simply can’t support a decent WG, to an even worse degree than back in the day.

From Blizzard’s post:

1 Like

Yea the tech just isn’t there.

People gonna be mad because they think their server is special because they got 70s camping people in level 30 zones…

I guess that’s the wpvp experience they want and cherish.