Why the lack of Customization?

Is every Ogre allied with the Horde?

I’m just trying to figure out what you think makes high elves so specially alliance.

All I meant was there’s a large chunk of Alliance aligned High Elves, and a chunk of them persist through the expansions alongside the Alliance, despite simply being NPCs (as in they are not playable race to Alliance).

The Horde has no equivalent to that. And this is why I believe to many Horde only players it’s a hard concept to grasp.

Imagine if you had a group of Ogres that regularly allied itself with Horde conflicts and persisted along through many expansions.

Then a group of players wanted Ogres playable due to that and you had a bunch of mainly Alliance only players tell you that’s hogwash because they barely see Ogres on the side of the Horde.

1 Like

Do they though? It really seemed like Blizz was paring them back as things went along. I mean, for BFA the examples listed tend to be really stretching things.

There’s a lot of things the Alliance has that the horde never gets an equivalent to. That’s why I believe so many of them get outraged when they lose things and get put on a level ground with the horde that they call it bias.

Funny, while I know there are some people who do really want them, it has always felt to me that the alliance seems to make so much more of Ogres than the horde does “We should get your most popular race, and you should get one that makes the race we hate for being ugly and fat look down right handsome, that’s fair right?”

1 Like

Why?

I think it’s odd Blizzard didn’t just give em entirely mechanized lower halfs given how little of the pant mog shows, but I’d rather have my metal limbs showing myself.

That said full body mechanized when blizz?

I do hope you get that fixed. Been weeks now hasn’t it?

Oh, this is a new clog on a new nozzle. I still have to figure out the right slicer setting to make sure it doesn’t drop the temp and clog things up, but I just really got it clogged up again last night (although, I did finally manage to print out the new fan vents and a benchy before it all went to hell)

1 Like

You keep asking ‘is it though?’ and I don’t know what repeating myself would do, I feel like you do it out of habit now like you did when I said the Alliance consists of basic LOTR/Classical fantasy themes and gave you examples which you had no response to.

I would only be repeating myself at this point, so I won’t.

That may be the case but that doesn’t mean Horde players get to have input on it then, if it’s only Alliance thing. I don’t see Alliance players going out of their way to stop Ogres from getting onto Horde for instance.

I feel like you don’t get out much (forum wise) then if you don’t believe there’s a large audience of Horde players that want Ogres and think it’s mainly a push from the Alliance viewpoint. Syegfred would have words with you if he knew.

1 Like

You’re just not convincing me that they’re this huge part of the experience. You’re seriously into them and I think you’re taking something that’s a small to moderate presence and turning it into an overarching important part of something.

No, why should we have gotten any input on you guys stealing our most popular core race, nothing at all to do with us obviously. Not like we’re left with the worse version of it after all this, but hey, we got some generic jewelry on the female model, so we’ve got that going for us.

Like I said, I know there’s some legit desire for it on the horde, but I swear in these discussions the most frequent time I see it is generally people (usually pushing for high elves) suggesting it as something that would be great for the horde in exchange for the blood elf model. But I’m not claiming to have surveyed the forums

2 Likes

I don’t have to convince you, only one needing convincing was Blizzard and they eventually came around to it. I don’t think you’d be convinced anyway as you continue to show.

Alliance had em as NPCs in Vanilla, I didn’t see complaints about ‘receiving an NPC Alliance race’ when Blood Elves came out. Kind of like BE fans asking for farstrider customization that Alleria wears in-game, I don’t see complaints from those about ‘receiving an Alliance leader’s looks’.

And that’s why I said you don’t seem to get out much (forum wise). I think you’re too involved in only the high elf discussions as you claim others to be to see what else is being asked for around in the game.

What’s funny is Ogres have less representation on Horde to get added as playable and they don’t have an ‘anti group’ that tried to go against their inclusion.

2 Likes

Goodnight though man, we’re just rambling now and I wanna sleep!

:sob: :sob: :joy: :joy: :skull:

2 Likes

Now who’s not even paying attention to the topic we’re currently discussing.

Yeah, because it’s not like the ogres were an alliance race originally and horde would be duplicating something that was alliance exclusive.

Take care.

2 Likes

An artist finalized Afro-textured Forsaken as a commission for me :smiley:

19 Likes

not related to your pics, its just everytime i see the name baal, i think of this baal

1 Like

THIS.

I legit want Forsaken with wavy and curly hair!

Hair doesn’t go limp (as in straight) on death, y’know.

And if Forsaken got the rotten, dead version of ethnic skin colors… then they should get the hair too.

Please, Blizzard! Please!

10 Likes

its called the kirin tor and humans in general. even in bfa we had fogsail humans fight with us, and we had to work with the uldum wastewander humans and we followed khadgar for 2 expansions straight

the SC also show up for horde to help with the amani in quel’thalas and the hunter campaign. omg multiple expansions my horde character got to work with them they must be horde by your standards

and youre still calling your individual character assisting in kirin tor campaigns as solely a SC story. is that why its called the kirin tor offensive in mop?

both the SC/sunreavers are pledged to the kirin tor and dalaran and the race is already playable. a couple interactions doesnt change that, they arent out there like alleria and the void elves and everybody knows it but they are out there like that for the kirin tor and dalaran and the farstriders

and this is what its always been about. i dont want to play horde to play high elves

also, farstrider tattoos for blood elves and runic ones for magister types!

3 Likes

I think the main reason why NB fans are asking for more is because blizz didn’t really put in what the majority of players have been asking for all this time. we are all super grateful we got changes to begin with, I think they’re amazing. I think a lot of us are a little upset with them because we have been directly asking for a few specific things (things that are 99.9% on the npc model) and they haven’t been addressed or implemented, whereas for void elves for example you guys have been asking for specific things and they listened to you and you guys got them.

16 Likes

Yep just make it so we can turn off the angry scrowl for Nightbourne men (and Night Elves while we’re at it) and that’d be like 90% of all I want lol.

The rest of the stuff is nice but it sucks that like majority of the faces have that angry snarl for no reason.

13 Likes

I mean, you’ve already got humans. They’re called the Forsaken. So yeah, if you guys want more humans, ask away. Doesn’t bother me at all. Like the Alliance and High Elves, the Horde has had humans since Vanilla.

2 Likes

As a former long time Forsaken main I would love these!