Why the lack of Customization?

Multiple allied races got bald options.

Mechagnomes got the new gnome skin colors.

That bald option is available for pretty much every single race. It’s hardly a customization option, I’m bald in real life. Don’t really care for the lack of hair on my character too. :sunglasses:

I would be more than happy if we could just have all hairstyles be universal for all races in the game. I think it would give everyone a massive amount of options in general, wouldn’t really be much editing required either, just copy them to fit the other races. I can’t speak for everyone, but this option alone would make me excited personally, and perhaps in the future they could even add body sliders.

I know, but i fail to give up on this company. I think they can do better and be the way they once were. Of course they have to regain that level of trust within their players but everything starts with something, y’know? I’m not defending the things they have done however. But Blizzard used to be such a great company, and i do believe that if they try to fix things that they can. I still have faith in them, and i know their are good people still in the company.

2 Likes

This isn’t a complaint thread, its a request thread, and whether you think so or not, customization in video games most importantly MMORPG’s is a high selling point, look at BDO. They make plenty off of costumes alone, not even hair options. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Greetings!

Yesterday we announced that after hearing the passionate feedback around our decision to not add additional customization options until after Shadowlands, we’ve decided to implement more options sooner.

The upcoming 9.1.5 update will introduce new character customization options for two Allied Races that didn’t get as much attention as the rest, the Nightborne and Lightforged Draenei. You can look forward to new hair styles, hair colors, facial hair, skin colors, accessories, horns, tail length, tattoos, and more!

After hearing how excited all of you were around the new customization options, we saw that many of your comments were requesting more natural hair colors for Void Elves. We relayed this feedback to the team and they were able to add 5 natural hair color options for Void Elves to the 9.1.5 update. :blush:

In addition to these new customization options, 9.1.5 will also introduce other cosmetics such as:

• Ear Size options for Void Elves
  • New Travel Forms for Druids
  • New Soulshapes for Night Fae
    • New Crittershapes to unlock: Soulshape into an adorable squirrel or other small critters. Note: Due to their tiny appearances, they are only usable in rested areas.
    • Option to Soulshape and Crittershape into randomly collected appearances.
  • New Toys

Character customization will continue to be expanded upon in the future, with our sights set on Highmountain Tauren next.

234 Likes

dilophosaurus travel form for druids plz :heavy_heart_exclamation:

13 Likes

I’d settle for an updated cheetah travel form model (new model, not a reskin/recolor of the new tiger model). Lets see what Blizz tosses our way, hopefully some beautiful druid travel forms :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Well, this is welcome news! Looking forward to seeing what comes out.

10 Likes

Thank you! it really gives hope, this is the blizzard we want and love! :heart:

more communication like that, listening and understanding each other is always healthy

14 Likes

Oooo boy, here come the angry blood elf fans.

Good update though :+1:t4:

53 Likes

Terrible update for me because now there will be literally no difference in blood elves and void elves, but meh… at least I don’t play on an RP server anymore. But if others are happy, then I guess good for them.

6 Likes

When updates came out for blood elves, the same options were given to void elves. Will the new options for void elves only be for them? It’s fine if they are exclusive, just curious.

Did I read void elves are getting hair colors finally?

8 Likes

It’s fine if void elves get more hair colors (although they should have that tentacle stuff at the ends since you know, VOID elf lol). I’d also want even MORE customization for Blood elves. Not sure what Blood Elf fans would want, but I’m sure there are tons of suggestions out there. Hopefully these customizations are just the first step (second?) in a long line of customizations to come in the near future. Get Oprah in here to start handing out customizations!

6 Likes

They’re always angry, though. It’s kinda their theme.

12 Likes

more options is always good in the end of the day

also don’t forget that nightborne gets treated aswell next patch which makes me excited

4 Likes

Blizzard is listening :slight_smile: Thank you!

16 Likes

How about some customization for us warlocks so we can choose what model and/or color we want to use for our various demons?

How about Druids being able to pick whatever form they want for their various forms (example: Night elf druid being able to choose the kul tiran flight form, etc…)

11 Likes

…So what’s the point of playing a blood elf anymore? :confused: This feels bad. We’re the only race who had their options given to other people. And we got nothing in return. This genuinely feels bad.

32 Likes