Why do people play on PVE servers?

What’s the appeal of playing on a PVE server vs a PVP server?

Wouldn’t it make more sense to join a PVP server, as you have the elements of PVE attached to it, along with the whole premise of Horde vs Alliance in a world PvP setting.

Seems like an amalgamation of the two would be better than just limiting yourself to one?

19 Likes

Going to Stranglethorn Vale and smiling?

That’s actually the PVE server not the PVP. PVP you’re always on whereas PVE you can choose to enter Battlegrounds for PVP.

111 Likes

Because I don’t like to pvp?

208 Likes

I love battlegrounds. I don’t like being killed over and over again while I’m exploring and questing.

200 Likes

Because wpvp is boring, mostly it’s just ganking which I don’t find at all interesting to do or have done to me.

When I want pvp there are BG’s. The open world is for pve.

94 Likes

Here Here!

38 Likes

Right, well some people want PVE with elements of PVP (being Battlegrounds or consensual WPvP).

I may play PVP if people like this didn’t exist.

14 Likes

It’s a mindset, as a PvPer i can not fathom why you would…

10 Likes

I don’t like World PvP and I never instigate it. I plan on playing an Alliance Priest. That means that I would always be in a pinch vs the 30-40% undead on the Horde which would always be attacking me first. I still might end up rolling on a PvP server though because my friends all plan on it.

Edit: Coming off of games such as FFXI during Classic era which had no world PvP, I’m just naturally opposed to it I guess.

4 Likes

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I’m not here to change it.

From my POV, it does seem slightly bizarre to not enjoy an addition of the game (wpvp) which a lot of the lore, and game itself is heavily built upon.

Guess It’s a matter of perspective :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I pretty much hate pvp. I don’t find it fun although AV is kinda fun back in the day.

But AV and WSG isn’t like getting ganked while leveling and exploring the world. I do understand that for some, always looking over their shoulders is exciting but i rather not.

22 Likes

PvE gives you the choice to turn PvP on. Some people like to explore and quest and farm without PvP active.

42 Likes

When I play on a PvE server, it is because I want to play on my own terms, and for my own enjoyment, not someone else’s.

97 Likes

The lore is built on horde vs alliance. Not PvP.

16 Likes

I like to play this game more like a RPG, that’s why I enjoy Classic a lot more than retail.

10 Likes

Some players might not like the idea of a couple level 60 rogues ganking them and camping their level 30 corpse while they’re trying to quest.

Those players, such as myself, roll on PVE servers where we can relax and don’t need to have our guard up all the time. If we want to PVP we flag up or enter battlegrounds.

On the other hand, players who enjoy being corpse-camped in impossible-to-win matches roll on PVP servers.

41 Likes

Fair enough.

I myself have always loved the sense of danger that comes when leaving the city walls, knowing that not only are the mobs trying to kill you, but at any moment horde swine can ambush you from any corner.

Of course the favour is returned, and when the hunt is on for Horde players, you better believe I’ll be creeping in the shadows.

5 Likes

BECAUSE many people who inhabit PvP servers have no sense of “Fair Play”, they get off on ruining the other persons game play, it’s really quite sad .

78 Likes

Sounds good.

But you might have a different perspective if you were playing a class without stealth. Especially one who has to sit and drink often and is extremely vulnerable to ambushes.

12 Likes

That’s my point. From what I’ve read, there is no Horde vs alliance in PVE.

It just seems like a glorified single player game.

5 Likes