Dishonorable kills

They helped lowbies (albeit people really didn’t care that much anyway) and they helped quest. Everything isn’t about PvP. Gotta get to 60 ya know?

2 Likes

That should be a reward :wink:

2 Likes

No. They did not help lowbies. Lowbies are not dk’s. Mass Wpvp died with Battlegrounds anyway.

What it did do is encourage gankers to see how many dk’s they could rack up.

it not that hard to pay attention to what you are hitting if you took DK its just catering to plebs unable to watch their weapon swing

Not what I meant. I meant lowbies usually quest and up around these NPCs that give DHKs

Yeah, pls don’t help lowbies. Dishonorable kills makes it less likely for enemy faction players to be attacking towns. And less likely for world PvP to be happening.

It’s not classic unless lvl 7s are being ganked routinely by full nax geared level 60s.

Well this is a good way of looking at it lol.

Once DHk’s come in, you can forget town raids. It’ll instantly stop. Which is why it sucks.

5 Likes

The problem is anyone in a group/raid kills one and EVERYONE in the group/raid gets the DHK…

most of the civilians were just the random extras spattered all over the place, and pretty sure not all quest npcs are civilian.

So if you want to do something fun in your downtime like say get a bunch of your guildies and some pugs and go kill Thrall/Magni and you go barging into the enemy capital killing everything in your path and AoEing the enemy players cause there are so many and single target is just not an option, oops you just killed a bunch of random npc and got a number of DHKs and anyone who was trying to get some pvp ranking drops a rank this week and is set back days to months of work.

It heavily discourages city raids.
It does next to nothing to prevent griefing(it might actually encourage it by giving it a metric).

1 Like

Then the answer is to make them unattackable.

1 Like

Classic is about maximize the RP sensation, among other things. So, you will have to deal with your dishonorable actions, if you are going to do it.

2 Likes

you do realize all DHKs do is lower your honor rank?

so if you dont care about honor titles or pvp gear which is strictly worse than gear you get from raiding and takes much more effort to get.
OR
you already got the pvp gear you want.

all DHKs do is give you a scorecard to count how many people you have pissed off by killing there quest giver.

1 Like

Perhaps, but this isn’t “Classic: But The Things We Didn’t Like Removed.”

2 Likes

there was a time in classic with honor and no DHKs so it would still be classic.

Was that time 1.12?

(I didn’t PvP much in Classic, I genuinely do not know)

So join an RP server.

they didnt say they are giving us 1.12 they said they are giving us classic.
they even said classic changed so they would have to make choices on which versions to take, specifically mentioning early versions of Strat and Scholo.

Why? We do not get battlegrounds in phase 1 but we are using patch 1.12 that had battlegrounds.

They specifically have stated multiple times that the reference model is 1.12 because it’s “the most complete version of our vision at that time”.

I have no issues if they don’t have DHK in the first phase, I’m just saying that DHK are going to be part of Classic because it was part of Vanilla. Precisely how they choose to layer that is up in the air (they’ve already revised the 4 phases to 6, so who knows).

Unarmored epic mounts were in 1.12, yet they are not going to be in classic.

There is a dismount function in classic for jumping off flight paths that never existed in vanilla.

So no, while the base is 1.12, it will not be “true” 1.12.

I don’t think you could actually get the mounts, though. They existed, but I believe the armored versions replaced them as something you could acquire already.