Which Channel is Appropriate for GDKPs?

But they are a service. Raid members are paying gold for loot drops, and that gold is distributed to the other members of the raid.

4 Likes

People say a lot of things. It doesn’t make them true. A lot of it tends to be hot air.

Fair enough. At present there’s an ongoing moral crusade on SoD over the whole thing, with players encouraging other players to report all GDKP posts in-game as RMT, in trade chat, LFG chat, and in the forums.

But they are a service. Raid members are paying gold for loot drops, and that gold is distributed to the other members of the raid.

Fair enough! When it comes up, I’ll acquiesce to previous arguments and encourage players to start posting them in trade instead of LFG.

Thank you all for the helpful and constructive replies.

3 Likes

These discussions are fine to have - but there are two main camps and very little chance the opposing sides are going to come to a common ground.

AT THIS TIME - and I say that - because things can and do change over time, GDKP runs for GOLD ONLY - are allowed.

That is an entirely different discussion from advertising.

How to get your account reported, and if going against any of the rules, actioned…

1. Annoy your realm mates with frequency.
    1a. This can be spam - no matter where it’s put.

2. Advertise in the wrong places.
    2a. Various channels have a purpose - this matters no matter what the advertisement happens to be.

3. Advertise outside sources of communication.
    3a. Discord, websites, etc. - this is against policy.

4. Advertise on a low level character or cross-realm.
    4a. Policy says the character has to be participating in the run or at the very least ABLE to participate in the run (server/level)

Any of those things can get you reported - and actioned if you run afoul of policy.

16 Likes

Where do we advertise GDKPs at? I have looked on countless of forums about this topic and have not seen or been given an accurate answer? If you know, could you share plz

In Classic WoW, in the Trade channel. In Retail, in the Trade Services channel on the realm it is being run on, and by someone who is using the posting character in the run…and only for gold.

6 Likes

Thanks, this should be very useful