What new playable races would you like to see added to the game?

This is pretty much my dream list.

I’d throw Botani and Ethereals in there too for funsies.

2 Likes

Drakonids. :dracthyr_nod:

2 Likes

Saberon, they are on Azeroth since the Mag’har came to Azeroth in their unlock quest

You can see the Saberon and Botani running off on the right and left sides on the video when they are looking towards the barrens

4 Likes

And the Botani running toward Wailing Caverns, which is already having problems with rampant, unexplained overgrowth would a veeeeeeeeery interesting development if Blizzard hadn’t immediately forgotten about it.

4 Likes

I want more customization for the races we already have before Blizzards adds another race that will have the praise for it drowned out by frequent complaints about one or more aspects of it (appearance, class selection, faction affiliation, etc). With that said, I would take vrykul as an Alliance or neutral race if it will calm some of the people still bitter over the Alliance’s allied races, and because they’re actually realizable. Tuskarr also might be on the table now that they have female models.

I want a tribe of yaungol to join the Horde as their own race, but I don’t want the “should be customization for [core race]” crowd or the “Alliance needs another beast race” crowd laying claim to them.

While there are several races I’d like to see playable, I’ve been trying to focus on the few that I really want.

Since grounded answers are requested, I’ll just link to each of race request megathreads of my most wanted playable races to help with that and more. Anyway, my most wanted in alphabetical order:

Furbolg (Alliance) :honey_pot::bear:

Ogres (Horde) :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

Saberon (Horde) :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

San’layn (Horde) :wine_glass::bat:

Saurok (Horde) :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

These races becoming playable for their respective factions would make the game perfect for me. Any other playable race would be icing on the cake. :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

4 Likes

Nice people, I don’t want to drag them over to the faction conflict. Tuskarr killing Tuskarr? They’re way too precious

Ogres & Forest Trolls (Revantusk Tribe) for Horde.
Sethrak & Jinyu for Alliance.

1 Like

There was bound to be at least one :nauseated_face::person_facepalming:

4 Likes

Taunka, Centaur, Dryads, Harpies (Yes males too. Fite me.), Naga, Bunnybois, Sethrak, Ethereals.

As someone else above said however, I’d love to see far more customization for existing races before any new ones were added.

1 Like

Gnolls. I have wanted those little hyenas since I first saw them. >.> adorable rabid monkeys.

I live in Daytona

Saberon have been my #1 want for years and years, and I’m sad it hasn’t happened.
I would quickly make and love
Orange tiger warrior
Snow leopard monk
Black leopard rogue
Lion shaman or druid
White tiger hunter

Please and thank you. Alliance or Horde, doesn’t matter which to me.

3 Likes

Frost Dwarves.

They’re already technically part of the Alliance since Muradin inducted them in when he got his memories back.

And since Wrath they’ve been members of the Alliance that we’re not able to play as. Not even through customizations on the Bronzebeard Dwarves like the Aerie Dwarves have.

#justice for blue boys

3 Likes

I would love to see TUSKAR!

4 Likes

None. Since there are no wrong answers.

Once upon a time, when new races were added, like the Worgen, Goblins or Pandaren, there was an interesting and thought-out backstory with an introductory questline. And sometimes their backstories actually became intertwined with those of other established races, improving their stories. For instance, the Worgen introductory quest also changed the introductory questline of the Undead, including the “resurrection” and treachery of Lord Godfrey. I think the Undead race now has the most interesting introductory quest out of any race, Alliance or Horde.

Ever since then, however, these new races have been introduced with slapdashery, no story-telling at all. And I think this transparent effort to just add races as quickly as possible at the expense of establishing lore is flat-out embarrassing. I truly think the Devs ought to be ashamed of themselves.

It’s like they’ve forgotten what this game is supposed to be. It’s a fantasy game, the operative word being “fantasy.” Instead, it’s all about making everything as time-consuming as possible, with implausible geography and quest mobs with health pools so large that they take ten minutes for a quest-geared player to kill.

Devs, if you’re reading this, let me remind you that you’re in the story-telling business. Start acting like it.

I’d love Sethrak! Their NPC animations are great already and I’d love a snake or even a reptile-based race that can be more than a single class.

3 Likes

Only race i want left is Naga and Ogres… these should have been added in TBC

2 Likes

Halflings. Along with content to match their ancestry like half human-half elf, half human-half orc. But I think any kind of half-undead would be out - gross.

1 Like

I would like:

• Broken (A)
  • Mogu (A/N)
  • Jinyu (A)
  • Arrakoa (A)
  • Furbolg (A)
  • Ogre (H)
  • Mok’nathal (H)
  • Taunka (H)
  • Forest Troll (H)
  • Gilgoblins (H)