Warglaives of Azzinoth are not transmoggable

Many legendary weapons are now transmogrifiable.
Developers’ note: The Warglaives of Azzinoth dropped from Illidan in Black Temple are the one exception, as a custom method for Demon Hunters in particular to obtain this transmog appearance already exists through Black Temple Timewalking, and we do not want to diminish the value of that unique reward.

Well that’s that. Sad.

Edit: This is a horrible idea, the Warglaives were not even originally for Demon Hunters.
This idea of maintaining a fake reward is outrageous.

61 Likes

Remember folks. If you have an issue with this but maintain that people shouldn’t be able to access Ordos, get mage tower skins, WoD challange skins etc, then congratulations! You’re a hypocrite! :+1:

Be thankful they’re still obtainable at all.

36 Likes

Well at least i can still use Shadowmourne, on a Paladin.

17 Likes

good, i can still feel special.

That sucks.

4 Likes

An exception to a rule that has to be maintained to give a false sense of reward for a class that was not the original wielder to begin with.

Yes, it does.

20 Likes

Demon hunters at it again, nothing new to see here.

5 Likes

hey

1 Like

I know a little rogue Gnome that’s going to be very upset with this news.

Blizz did make the right decision though.

17 Likes

No, they did not.

This has no justification what-so-ever.

22 Likes

Jealousy is a poison.

2 Likes

Why? If they’re going to make any legendary moggable, why not all of them?

16 Likes

This one could be unlocked.

This is to maintain some type of “Pride and Accomplishment”.

2 Likes

@Ricros

So they’re not “Warswords of Azzinoth” then ?

DH only, the way it should be.

Thank you Blizzard for this major solid.

14 Likes

Everyone will eventually come around to Mortis’s side on them.

4 Likes

DH has so very little mogs. Our weapon mogs don’t start until Legion.

The rest of you have a lot. Don’t be greedy.

18 Likes

That is irrelevant.

1 Like

False equivalence honestly. Granted this doesn’t bug me because I was unlikely to utilize them anyway but here’s the difference:

The MoP Cloak everyone knew would go away at the end of the expansion. Ordos was a reward for people who bothered to do that long and frankly aggravating quest in the first place.

Mage Tower skins everyone knew from the beginning of Legion would be removed, it was in their Legion announcement when they said “The mage tower will last only this expansion, much like challenge mode sets and rewards so get it while you can.”

Challenge skins were always sold on the idea they would only ever be attainable within that expansion.

Warglaives however you can farm right now, much like any other legendary item minus the cloaks and ring. My only gripe is they gave the warglaives to the class that has been able to wear them for the least amount of time because they wanted them to feel special. As if they weren’t like the selling point of an entire expansion, overloaded with a lot of cool gimmicks like gliding, flipping everywhere and just being more mobile than any of the previous leather wearing classes.

Kind of a slap in the face as someone who actually had an offhand warglaive in TBC and raided with it but it is what it is. Doesn’t really concern me because I know if this were the case every rogue, warrior, dk, monk, and DH would be equipping theirs and it would feel more annoying.

Kind of get that feeling on Faerlina with Sulfuras. I remember on Illidan we saw that hammer on a total of like three people. They were a big deal for having it. We don’t even have BWL out yet and like eight people on the server already have Sulfuras. Meanwhile some guilds are sitting on two sets of bindings before you can even get elementium to make the stupid sword.

8 Likes

No. It shouldn’t be. This is a terrible decision.

7 Likes

Imagine the screech fest if they made all of them available for transmog but only to people who got them before a certain date. I.E prior to the next expansion. Oh boy people would just have a meltdown.

2 Likes