Warglaives of Azzinoth are not transmoggable

Nah. It’s comparable. Whislt the other stuff was limited by time, the glaives is limited by class. So that’s the only difference. People wanting the glaives to be class agnostic is no different to people wanting access to time limited content. Each has its own game restriction. And each has players wanting to break that restriction.

3 Likes

FTFY

And…

I agree

1 Like

That’s an even worse inclusive idea.

Meh. I was already wearing them at all times to begin with. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I earned them on my rogue years ago, and she carries both in her first backpack still, wielding them for fun sometimes.
I never used them when they were current content, so they don’t have any particular attachment to me, other than looking cool.

I’m not fussed that they are DH only.

2 Likes

This need to feel special really is a head scratcher for a thing that you still have to go farm, that’s a low drop rate,… and that I see a bazillion times a day when I log in. I don’t know, maybe I don’t see the point, or some people have a need to feel special in-game… I usually ignore them just like I do the people that get a mount and stand in the center of traffic or ah or mailbox trying to show it off…

/shrug

2 Likes

Well if everyone can be a DK I’m thinking one day the same will be for DH.

Hang in there little Gnome. I am sorry though you didn’t get a chance to mog them.

You look great with them😀

8 Likes

Thank you! Should that time come, I will definitely celebrate.

3 Likes

You’re just going to have to suck it up buttercup.

2 Likes

Seems fairly arbitrary. They could have just left the DH unlock in so that they could be mogged as glaives for them, and let everyone else use them as the swords they originally were. I suppose there’s always got to be a catch in anything nice Blizzard does.

8 Likes

Always a monkey paw situation.

1 Like

This was actually revealed pretty late into the expansion, it was not something they decided at the start of MoP.
Given the weeks of time it took for a cloak, it upset a lot of people when they announced it.
They also gutted the whole Black Prince backstory in the process.

5 Likes

Or done the thing they did when I complained about the reintroduction of PvP titles. “Well you got to feel special for a little bit but now it’s everyone else’s turn to have it!”

Like I said though, I don’t have a particular dog in this fight because I would be unlikely to use them anyway. Just find it kind of funny they had to go out of their way to make demon hunters feel special.

1 Like

Errr, they are though. That’s literally how they work. Any class that can wield 1h sword can wield the actual Lego glaives since glaives were not a weapon type when they were introduced. It’s just DH are the only ones that can actually mog them onto other weapons.

4 Likes

That’s weird because I specifically got mine even though I wasn’t playing at all during MoP because I knew it was going away from something I had read. Maybe it had to be restated because people like to forget things.

1 Like

There’s never been a catch.

Did anyone complain when DH were able to mog them in Legion, when no other class could? No.

Why now?

One thing I’ll give to Blizz…
They love and appreciate the art of nuanced elitism…
As frustrating as it can be sometimes, when you don’t get something… I love them for it.

Mage tower? Challenge mod skins? Legendary cloak? Old retired mounts.

You keep doing you Blizz.

1 Like

The original statement was that the restriction on Ordon Sanctuary would be lifted after 5.4. They backpedaled on that very late into the expansion, deciding instead to permanently restrict access to accounts that gotten the cloak.

2 Likes

Really? Short term memory? This aggravated nearly everybody playing rogue and warrior at the time.

7 Likes

No one complained because it was an exclusion to a rule that is going to be removed Jan 14th.

3 Likes

Rogue I can understand but warrior? Why would Warrs care? They can’t duel wield 1h swords.

1 Like