Vulpera Celebration Thread! 🦊

Welcome to the Vulpera Allied Race Celebration Thread!

We Did It!

As of October 7th, 2019, Vulpera have been confirmed to be the next horde allied race coming in patch 8.3!

As of right now the PTR is currently live, and with it we have our first look at playable Vulpera!

Classes
Currently on the PTR, Vulpera have access to the following classes:

• Priest
  • Mage
  • Warlock
  • Rogue
  • Monk
  • Shaman
  • Hunter
  • Warrior

Racial Abilities
Vulpera have access to the following racial abilities:

• Bag of Tricks: Instant, 1.5 min cooldown. Selects a random effect from all tricks set to “enabled” in the Rummage your bag interface.
  • Rummage your Bag: 5 sec cast, 5 min cooldown. Drops a bag on the ground which the player can interact with through dialogue options. Specific effects can be enabled or disabled for when Bag of Tricks is cast. At character creation, only a flat damage or healing proc are available to choose from. However, the wording of the interface implies more effects can be gained.
  • Make Camp: 5 sec cast. Creates a tent and campfire at your current location and makes it a rested area for five minutes, allowing you to log out for a rested bonus. This also marks a spot in the outdoor world as your “camp” for the purposes of Return to Camp. A backpack at this camp allows you to add or remove the canopy from your hyena mount.
  • Return to Camp: 10 sec cast, 10 min cooldown. Teleports you to your camp. Functions like custom hearthstone. Does not share cooldown with hearthstone. A short cutscene will play out at your camp showing your character arriving on a wagon. (For those curious, if you have never used “Make camp” before, the ability does nothing at the end of the cast and does not trigger cooldown.)
  • Nose for trouble: Passive. When you first take damage from any enemy, reduce that damage by 5% of your maximum health.
  • Fire resistance: Passive. Reduces all fire damage by 1%
  • Alpaca Saddlebags: Passive. Increases the size of your backpack by 8 slots.
  • Languages: Orcish, Vulpera.

Unlock Requirements

• Exalted Status with Voldunai
  • Earn Achievement “Secrets in the Sands” (Complete the Vol’dun storyline)

Customization

Vulpera have all the customization that they had as NPCs, nothing new has been found yet, but it’s still early in the PTR.

Animations
Vulpera have all player animations now! They’re getting polished as the PTR updates!

Male Dance:

Female Dance:
https://imgur.com/eIYiCUS.gif

And if you think these looks familiar, there’s a reason for that:

Jokes and Flirts

Female Vulpera Jokes:

• What’s a vulpera’s favorite dance? The fox trot.
  • Never trust a sethrak merchant. Bunch of snake oil peddlers, if you ask me.
  • I want you to know I cherish your friendship. But if you die on me, I’m taking your stuff.
  • Sure, Meera’s song about Dolly and Dot was catchy. But that doesn’t mean all vulpera should be expected to write a jingle for our alpacas!
  • To survive in the dunes, you sometimes have to scavenge supplies. From other people. After you “incapacitate” them.
  • I’m drawing a line in the sand! Oh, I’m not mad–that’s just what we did for fun back in Vol’dun.
  • Do you have something to tell me? Go ahead. I’m all ears.

Female Vulpera Flirts:

• It’s lonely chasing my own tail. How about I chase yours instead?
  • The worst part about sand? It gets everywhere. And I mean… everywhere.
  • I’m sure you think “Hey, foxy!” is a clever pick-up line. But trust me, I’ve heard it a million times.
  • You drive me crazy… crazy like a fox!
  • Everything has its use. I could think of a couple for you.
  • Are you fixin’ for a vixen?
  • You can visit my oasis anytime.

Male Vulpera Jokes:

• Can I mix you a drink? I’ve got… a fireflask, ranishu stomach acid, spoiled alpaca milk, and… Hey, where are you going?
  • Not every vulpera makes their home in the dunes. Some become pirates on the high seas. We call them “quitters”.
  • The vulpera are survivors. We don’t give up. We don’t stop. We work harder.
  • Never loan gold to a troll named Akunda. When you try to collect, they’ll insist you gave it to a different Akunda.
  • I’m gonna paint my wagon. Gonna paint it good.
  • What’s the best part about joining the Horde? We finally get revenge on Gilneas for all those fox hunts!
  • Vulpera generally tell the truth, though we do enjoy the occasional… tall tail.

Male Vulpera Flirts:

• You’re so hot I’m frothing at the mouth! Hmm, or is that rabies?
  • I’ve always got a seat on my wagon for you.
  • Have you come to trade? Or did you have something else in mind?
  • I could wander the desert with you all night. We’d freeze to death, but it would be worth it.
  • Come a little closer. I’ll tell you what the fox says.
  • I’ll be the fox. You be the hound.
  • Sorry for staring, but I can’t help vul-peering at you.

Unlock Questline

Spoilers!It turns out the rumour floating around is correct! Players arrive at Orgrimmar as Kiro, Meerah and Nisha petition Baine to join the horde. Baine declines their offer citing strained resources to deal with the problems of their current allies. Kiro decides the vulpera will take it upon themselves to solve the problems besetting the Horde's allies and sends Meerah to Suramar, Nisha to Zandalar and attends Twilight Highlands himself to Twilight Highlands. The player then attends all three zones to assist the Vulpera emissaries with their plans to fix the trouble. Upon returning to Orgrimmar, Baine apologizes for dismissing Kiro earlier and overlooking the value of the Vulpera, inviting them to join the horde.

They don’t eat alpacas, right?

Heritage Armor
Backpacks!

Racial Mount
Vulpera get a fancy Hyena with a… uh… tent? …roof? Something Canopy.

Starting Area
You start at level 20 like most allied races. There does not appear to be a racial “Hub” for the Vulpera. New players start in Orgrimmar in the Valley of Strength in a small camp with Kiro, Meerah and a wagon.

Happy Day everyone!

Join the discussion at the Vulpera Hype Caravan!

Breaking News: Dec 3rd, 2019

• The increased backpack size racial now works!
  • Emotes that previously played male goblin sounds no longer do so
  • Nisha has made her way to the camp in orgrimmar
  • The Bag of Tricks racial now has functionality
235 Likes

What a glorious day! I’m ready!

40 Likes

Fox joy!!! :fox_face:
Dolly and Dot will be my best frieeends …

36 Likes

Congratz Horde on your whole new race.

57 Likes

Woohoo I can’t wait to make my foxy friend. :fox_face: and thank you Blizzard for listening to us by adding them as a allied race.

19 Likes

So stoked about this, supper happy for you guys! I’m probably going to boost one myself.

Big thanks to Eevee for bringing the community together as well, I think she should get a ton of appreciation too for her hard work on putting things together in her thread.

31 Likes

Lucky vulpera and mechagnomes get to start with the vale in its uncorrupted state

2 Likes

Eh who cares about the haters, we got what we wanted, and they can be bitter while we celebrate!

50 Likes

The wait for 8.3 is going to be the longest wait yet haha. So happy for the confirmation at last.

8 Likes

Am I the only one concerned that I can now have a fox race ride a fox mount?

23 Likes

I’ll be happy to accept apologies from anyone who thought this would never happen because they are too much like a new race.

I’ll be right here for the grovelling.

15 Likes

BESTEST DAY EVERRRR!!

But I gotta go to bed cause it literally popped up as I was about to get ready for bed. How am I ever going to sleep with this hype?!

To everyone, PLEASE help me suggest a class for my Nini. She’ll be made after my kittycat, who is a skilled fly hunter but also stealthy sneak monster!

7 Likes

So happy for you guys :blue_heart:

5 Likes

“Experienced the thrilling end to the war campaign”…

Worgen can ride wolf mounts, I don’t see how this is any different.

7 Likes

Surprise surprise. rep gated.

4 Likes

Another reason to keep playing Classic.

37 Likes

No. :frowning:

2 Likes

So if the PTR goes live later today, we might see things like a class list and the /dance!

2 Likes

If you’re not exalted by this point. I don’t even know what to say…

13 Likes