Unofficial Playable Furbolg Discussion Thread

I’m starting to think this might be a problem with these hyper-focused themed expansions.

Dragon fan? Cool, we’re gonna play as dragons and ride around other dragons as we solve dragon problems for dragon main characters in the homeland of the dragons.

Hate dragons? The next three years are gonna be rough for you, buddy.

4 Likes

While it’s disappointing to see no other playable race as rumored from the previous “leak,” at least we can close the book on that rumor.

It seems like Blizzard is aiming to get Dragonflight released before the end of the year:

It’s a bit concerning, and I hope there is plenty of time to work on and polish stuff in the expansion.

As for me, I’ve pre-ordered the base version. Nothing really interested me for the price with regards to the other tiers of pre-orders. Frankly, if I could get some more character slots to make more than 50 characters for my account, I’d seriously consider ordering a higher tier. Shame that wasn’t an option this time…

Anyway, I’m still excited to get out of Shadowlands and to eventually make my two Dracthyr characters. I’m also looking forward to helping report any info on the Furbolg we encounter there. Hopefully, they’re friendly!

Playable Alliance Furbolgs are a bear necessity! :honey_pot::bear:

2 Likes

I agree with this. I get needing a theme and concepts for the expansions but I do wish there was more wiggle room with stories happening alongside them…

Its kinda a worldbuilding issue WoW has been facing for awhile now and requiring new races to be relevant to the expansion seems silly to me. Races can easily be written to join for any event. imo.

It is oddly freeing not to have to wonder anymore. I still wish they’d add a new run of AR’s though.

I do find it a bit concerning, though I’m calming myself on how little features they’ve actually announced. Seems they’re focusing on big but few features to try to make sure they’re done well in that short time.

Honestly though I think this is Activision’s current heads trying to get one more expansion out before Microsoft takes over. Trying to get a little more money in their pocket before they’re likely going to be removed from their positions. Hard to say though.

I have concerns. lol

Absolutely! I’ll keep my eyes peeled as I journey through the Azure Span of the Dragon Isles and see what new things await the furbolg tribes!

Ursol guide you and Ursoc give you strength!
:honey_pot: :bear:

Edit: ONE MORE THING!

Baby Ursoc is now an option in the shop and its adorable. While he cannot replace Ursoc as Blizzard killed him for all time, it is a small comfort to take a whisper of him along with us!

3 Likes

The lack of playable Furbolgs on the Alliance side of that character creation screen is unbearable! However, the time to send in our feedback on the matter has come once more!

At the start of each month, I send some in-game feedback for each of the races I want to see playable, along with their respective megathreads on these forums. If you’re also interested in doing the same for your most wanted playable races, I made a little step-by-step guide on how to do that here:

Every little bit helps. Maybe we’ll be able to inspire interest in how awesome playable Alliance Furbolgs would be. You never know!

3 Likes

Tossing my support for furbolgs.

With the story as it is now with all the alliance interactions and aiding each other, the alliance does not feel complete without the big bear boys, similar to how horde feels incomplete without ogres.

Bring them into the fold blizz!

2 Likes

Some new AR threads opened up today! Very neat!

Rajani Allied Race Thread - By Mianyaue

Mok’nathal Allied Race Thread - By Mianyaue

Broken/Krokul Allied Race Thread - By Mianyaue

3 Likes

I need to get on to do this… I’ve been very uninspired to play wow of late.

On the plus side I’ve begun modding Rimworld which has been a neat skill to learn.

It would be so easy too! (Also thank you for the support!)

Furbolg are almost able to be added at any time too. Their stories are already perfectly primed.

1 Like

It has been a pretty big lull in-game currently, so I imagine a lot of people are taking a break. I’ve been focusing on my gaming backlog some while leveling alts.

I imagine once Dragonflight news gets out and the expansion launches, it’ll be pretty busy on the forums. Also in here, since we’ll be reporting on the Furbolg on the Dragon Isles. Still hoping they’re friendly, and if they happen to have a rep, I’ll be making getting exalted with them and any related questlines with them a priority. Same with Tuskarr, just in case.

2 Likes

Furbolgs are closely related to Druids therefor they would have to split on factions like the Pandarens.

I don’t think they would.

The Horde regularly sees them as animals to be removed or tools to use.

The Alliance has always (through the night elves and draenei) been either trying to help or allied to them.

Also in no way do druids equal neutral by default. Otherwise we’d have tauren and night elf druids in both factions. (or worgen or trolls or Zandalari or Kul’tirans)

Druids work together often but they are not neutral for players.

3 Likes

If we get the furbolgs from the Stillpine tribe as playable race, we could have a rework of the Stillpine Hold to have a better racial capital for them.

I can’t wait to see if the furbolgs get a new model in DF too.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t even be particularly larger or smaller than most of the AR’s capitals that we get to play with either. Honestly the Stillpine are great contenders alone for the furbolg for the Alliance.

Plus they have the real possibility of having not only Druid and Shaman, but also Paladin as well because of their closeness with the draenei.

Absolutely! I hope we do and I hope they have female and male models finally! Even if its not fully player ready I’d still love to see that care being taken.

3 Likes

Sounds like it’s not just me then. I’m finally getting around to checking things after a couple month break. I’m just now getting caught up in these threads.

2 Likes

Lots of new info on Dracthyr customizations gives me hope for new and old races down the line on breadth and width of options.

Imagine different body options for all races.

Those hairstyles and accents.

Body markings separately from face and body and even arm and leg.

5 Likes

Yo forget the Dracthyr, did you see the new Furbolg model?!?

4 Likes

Imgur

But I didn’t see female furbolg for now.

5 Likes

This was linked in the Ethereal megathread, but this shows off some of the reps in Dragonflight:

I don’t know if this would be all of the reps at launch, but it doesn’t seem like there is a Furbolg rep at present. Makes me wonder if the Furbolg we run into will be friendly or not. Things can always change and there could be more reps shown, so I’ll keep an eye out for anything else of interest.

1 Like

I just looked over some of the customization Dracthyr are getting, and it’s a lot!

I do hope this raises the bar for customization going forward.

1 Like

furbolgs for alliance.
horde receives gnolls.

2 Likes

Holy hell I did not!

They’re beautiful!!!

2 Likes